Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Fall 2016 Full Calendar of Events (Plus Tips for Newbies)


As I posted the other day, the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Fall 2016 event starts on September 4 and runs through September 24. Thanks so much to reader Irene for the tip that the full calendar is now live on the Ulta site HERE. Below is a quick cheat-sheet so that you can see everything at a glance. At the bottom of my post, I'll share my usual guide for newbies, so please be sure to read that if you're new to shopping this event!

GREAT NEWS FOR PLATINUM MEMBERS: ALL Beauty Steals ship free for the entire duration of the event!

ULTA FALL 2016 21 DAYS OF BEAUTY CALENDAR OF EVENTS:

PLEASE NOTE: All Beauty Steals will be available for one day only both in-store and online unless otherwise noted. Platinum Perks are one-day-only Beauty Steals that will be available for Platinum members only. Click a link below to go directly to the Ulta site.

DAILY BEAUTY STEALS:






















ULTA BEAUTY COLLECTION WEEKLY BEAUTY STEALS:



HOT BUYS (IN-STORE AND ONLINE DEALS THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE FROM 9/4 THROUGH 9/24):



(Thanks so much to readers Sydney and @jaclynsmusings for taking the time to share the above info from the latest Ulta catalog!)

TIPS FOR NEWBIES:

If this is your first time shopping the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Event, here are some tips that may help. I've been covering this event for years now, and I have collected some great tips from many of you (as well as tips that I have learned myself over the years when trying to get these deals) so here you go:

  • Sometimes Beauty Steals do sell out in-store (popular items can sell out before noon on the day of the event), so if you're planning to make a purchase in-store, try to get to your local Ulta as early as possible on the day of the event. If purchasing online, you will usually have more time to get these deals before they sell out (but sometimes they do sell out online as well). In other words, do not wait until the last moment to purchase a Beauty Steal!

  • Historically, the Beauty Steals go live on the Ulta website at 10PM Pacific/1AM Eastern (on the evening prior to the date of the event). They may not go live at exactly those times, but it should be close to those times.

    • Be sure to check the Ulta website and weekly ad for gift-with-purchase promotions to go along with the daily Beauty Steals (there will be many of them during this event). 

      • As I mentioned up top, Platinum Members will receive free shipping on all Beauty Steals for the entire duration of the event. If you are not Platinum, please note that for previous 21 Days of Beauty events, Ulta lowered their free shipping threshold to $25+ (instead of the usual $50+) for one week of the event. So be on the lookout for that in case they do it again this time around. 

        • There is a 2 item per customer limit on Beauty Steals (that's 2 items per Beauty Steal) and Ulta will not issue rain checks during this event. Beauty Steals cannot be combined with Ulta Beauty Cosmetics Buy 2 Get 2 Free offers or Ulta Beauty Bath Buy 2 Get 1 Free offers. If there is a coupon offered by Ulta during this event (like $3.50 off $15 non-prestige items), you may be able to use that with the Ulta Beauty Collection Beauty Steals (you can also try code 308920 for $3.50 off $10 online non-prestige purchases). But I'm not 100% sure if that will work this time around (we'll have to wait and test it out once the deals are live). 

        Any questions? Please comment below and I'll do my best to get you answers!

        Thanks again, Irene, for the hot tip. I really appreciate it!
        SHARE:

        42 comments

        1. I just got the catalog yesterday with the hot buys there is some great ones. I can share with you if you need them.

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. Hi Dana! YES! OMG, I would love that so much. I haven't received my calendar yet and didn't know if there were any. If you could email a pic that would be perfect! My email is nouveaucheap @ gmail dot com. Thanks SO much!

            Delete
          2. Hi Dana! I just received pics of the Hot Buys from two other lovely readers (I just added them to this post), so please do no go to the trouble of sending that info my way. I want to thank you again for the wonderful offer--I so appreciate it!! xo

            Delete
        2. Thank you for sharing this! I want to get as much bang for my buck as possible. I have it cosmetics No tug eyeliner on my list and the Moxie glosses.

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. You're so welcome! Don't forget to use any points that you may have saved up. That REALLY gives you more bang for your buck since that's a discount on top of a discount! :)

            Delete
        3. I never comment on blogs or videos but I really just want to say thank you so much for all the work you put into this site. Your posts are so comprehensive that it makes it so easy for the makeup junkie that I am to find all the information we need. Thank you.

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. OMG thank you so much!! You have no idea how much I appreciate that. So happy to help! ❤

            Delete
        4. Darn, I wish the It Cosmetics free brush with purchase of Celebration Foundation was for everyone! I need a new compact of that! I'm still trying to convince myself I need the Lorac highlighter in Moonlight...to buy or not to buy? Haha.

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. Aaah, sorry about that! But yeah, discounted LORAC is always a good idea. Lol! :)

            Delete
          2. I have that Lorac highlight and you should get it. It's so natural looking and you can still see the subtle glow after hours of wear.

            Delete
        5. OMG I wish I was platinum so I can get those becca blushes for $16.

          ReplyDelete
        6. G, can you clarify a couple of things for me. I'm noting that on the Ulta site it states that the Platinum Perk Beauty Steals ship free. However, you've indicated that its free shipping on all Beauty Steals. Is that correct?
          Also, would you happen to know whether the purchase of a Beauty Steal item counts towards the minimum purchase if there's a GWP for that brand?
          I know you're scrambling trying to get all this information out in time for Sunday. You're awesome!

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. Can you tell me where you're seeing that wording? If you're referring to the graphic that is also at the top of my blog post, I'm pretty sure that reads as: Platinum Perk: Beauty Steals Ship Free through September 24".

            In other words, the Platinum Perk is that you get free shipping on all Beauty Steals. Since they indicate that the free shipping offer is through 9/24, and there are no Platinum Perk Beauty Steals on 9/24, I'm pretty sure that means that ALL Beauty Steals will ship free for Platinum members. But if I find out this is incorrect, I'll definitely update here on the blog. Thanks!!

            Delete
          2. Also, yes! Unless they change things from previous events, the Beauty Steals should definitely count toward GWPs. Historically, Ulta offers awesome GWPs during this event that pair beautifully with the Beauty Steals. :)

            Delete
        7. G, my bad. My interpretation was wrong. I didn't realize it indicated that ALL Beauty Steals are a Platinum Perk of FREE SHIPPING. I'm sure that's what it is since that's what they did the last time. You have to excuse me. I'm so damn excited I can't think straight! Thanks.

          ReplyDelete
        8. Hello quick question so if I want all the 4 shades in the lorac higlighters I wont be able to buy all 4 since its only limit 2 am I correct????

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. Unless they change it this time around, the limit is two of the exact same product. So for example, if a lipstick comes in three shades, you could buy six lipsticks max (2 of each shade). I am basing this on my past experiences with this event (a few years ago, I was able to buy 5 different shades of Butter London nail polish online in a single order).

            The best thing to do would be to test it online when the sale starts and see how many you're able to add. But as far as I know, it should work just fine!

            Delete
          2. Ohh ok got cha thanks a lot for your reply fingers crossed I would be able to get the shades I want 😀

            Delete
          3. You could always place two separate orders :-D

            Delete
          4. Make sure your Ulta employees actually know the policy... I just tried to buy all the shades of the too faced matte lipsticks today (6 lipsticks all in different shades) and was told I had to pick two of them. I just went home and ordered them online with no problem so clearly that girl doesn't understand the store policy. ) :

            Delete
        9. Thank you for sharing! I was wondering if you know whether or not they usually restock an item the day before the beauty steal?

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. I'm not sure if it's exactly the day before the event, but yes! I've heard from several readers over the years (who are Ulta employees) that have mentioned that stores get extra shipments before the Beauty Steals go live. They definitely anticipate an increase in sales and the online inventory is beefed up as well, I'm sure! :)

            Delete
        10. Hi! I just finished sending you several emails with photos of all the hot buys along with other promotions that might be of interest! Please let me know if/when you receive them!
          ~Jaclyn from @jaclynsmusings

          ReplyDelete
        11. Are platinum perks online only?

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. No, I believe all Platinum Perks are in-store and online. :)

            Delete
        12. I would like to know the answer to Aurora's question also please?

          ReplyDelete
        13. I have made my list of the items I want and the colors I am wanting and so far I am at $124! Not to shabby

          ReplyDelete
        14. Whew! I'm not seeing anything I MUST have. That's good, as I really don't "need" new product anyway ;)

          ReplyDelete
        15. Will the GWP be available starting 9/4?

          ReplyDelete
        16. Hi there! When did this ad come in the mail? I still have not received mine and I was just curious...

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. I just got mine in today's mail. Hopefully you did or will get it tomorrow.

            Delete
        17. I'm 250 points away from 4,000...I bet I will be there by the end of this sale (woooops) and then I'll sign up for the credit card, get my 20%, and go wild!! :)

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. I think you get 500 points just for signing up for the credit card! Maybe do that first!?

            Delete
        18. Its not part of the big sale, but there's a new UD Vice Lipstick palette that has my name all over it.

          ReplyDelete
        19. Quite a few nice bits this time. I really like the fact that Platinium Members get free shipping on all the steals since most of the time it's hard to make it to the store in time to still catch the deal. I am definitely getting some of the UD Blushes and the Lorac contouring palette.

          ReplyDelete
        20. Omg I'm all over that dermablend camo on the 13th

          ReplyDelete
        21. Hi g.
          I'm going to redeem my 2000 points tomorrow for the cleansers and a couple of hot buys.
          Do you know if my haircut can be paid using the points.
          Or should I wait till next week when I'll be getting my 5x points anniversary to get a haircut?
          I guess my questions are, can I redeem points in salon services?
          Do I get points when getting salon services?
          Thanks to whoever knows the answer to these :)

          ReplyDelete

        I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

        Please refrain from comments that contain:
        • Links to your own blog or website
        • Advertisements or referral links

        Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

        © 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
        BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig