For new readers, periodically I like to give you a round-up of beauty news tidbits that I find interesting, in an effort to keep all of us in-the-know. Here's a quick look at some of the latest happenings in the world of beauty:
- Sephora is rolling out new social impact initiatives including Sephora Accelerate (a program for women entrepreneurs), Classes for Confidence (free in-store classes "developed to help inspire confidence in women facing major life transitions"), and Sephora Stands Together (an emergency and hardship fund "for Sephora employees impacted by natural disasters, family emergency, and other unexpected events").
- Is Revlon up for sale? It sure looks like it.
- If you haven't heard about the EOS lawsuit yet, here's a wrap-up of events.
- Celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles, who has worked with Natalie Portman, Gwyneth Paltrow, among others, is about to roll out her own makeup line at Ulta.
- The new face of L'Oreal is...Susan Sarandon!
- Would you pay $49 for a device that allows you to release home fragrance into your house via motion control and also via...your smartphone? Febreze is hoping you will.