Reader Sarah S. left a comment earlier today on the You Tell Me page that made me immediately call my friend G. (yep, she goes by G. too) and beg her to get this for me:
Urban Decay Naked 1 and Naked 2 palettes are 50% OFF at the GTM in Santee RIGHT NOW (not at the Lemon Grove location). My friend G. lives very close to this store, so I begged her to go over there this morning and get me the Naked 2 palette (I already have Naked 1 and 3). I just met her for lunch and picked it up, and I'll tell you a bit more about this deal, after the jump...
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- GTM sells close-outs from retailers like Costco, department stores, etc. They are a San Diego-only discount retailer that's been around for years. I have purchased discounted products from St. Tropez, Bobbi Brown, MAC, and many other higher-end and drugstore cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, nail polish, etc. from GTM over the years, and I can personally tell you that everything I have ever purchased from GTM has been 100% authentic. They are not in the business of selling fakes. Again, they purchase close-outs from other retailers, and that can include both newly-discontinued products, as well as products from retailers that may be going out of business, etc.
- The UD Naked palettes are not located in the regular beauty department--they are located BEHIND THE GLASS COUNTER near the entrance, where the other higher-end cosmetics, skincare and fragrance products are located. But while you're there, you should DEFINITELY check out the regular beauty department too, for lots of cosmetics, skincare, and haircare from the drugstore and places like Costco (G. told me they had a ton of Bliss, Patty Dubroff, Sally Hansen, L'Oreal, etc. this morning.)
- As of this morning, G. confirmed that there were about 20 Naked 2 palettes in the glass display, and about 5 Naked 1 palettes in the glass display. All were $26.99 each.
- GTM will hold an item for you for ONE HOUR ONLY if you call them.
- G. said that she opened the palettes she bought (she bought one for herself as well) and neither of them were previously swatched. But it's always a good idea to ask if you can open and inspect before you buy, just to be sure.
- After tax, these palettes will set you back $29.10, which is a heck of a lot better than $54 (regular retail price). Right??
So if you're in SD, what are you waiting for? GO GO GO!
Thanks again, Sarah S., for the awesome tip! (And thanks to my friend G. for running like a crazy person to get me one this morning!)