Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sneak Peek: NEW Maybelline Color Blur Matte Lip Pencils

I think we all can agree that it's a good time to be a matte lip color lover! So many new, affordable options for us, and here's a brand new one to keep on your radar:

NEW Maybelline Color Blur by Lip Studio Matte Lip Pencils
Coming this June to a drugstore near you

This morning, Maybelline posted the above image on their Instagram page with this caption:
Color Blur: Our newest vivid matte lip pencil will be your favorite new accessory for a night on the town. Hitting drugstores this June.
Looking at the numbers on the pencils, there are obviously more shades in this range than what you see above. Exciting, right? I cannot wait to see these in person.

Thanks so much to all of you on Instagram who alerted me to this photo--I really appreciate that!


  1. Exciting! Although I can't help but think with all these matte lip products that when glossy, shimmery, glittery lips come back it will be in a big way lol

  2. Are these the same ones that were launched in the UK first?? If so I've been dying to try those, if not I still can't wait!!

    1. I was coming here to ask the same thing. I've been waiting on those pencils for a while. I really hope these are it!

    2. i was wondering the same thing about the COLORdrama Intense Velvet lip pencils i assumed were an Aussie thing. perhaps they're the same/'diff' from the UK pencils, and the US is strictly the only ones on the waiting list.

    3. Yes, they're the same. Renamed and repackaged to be more eye catching.

  3. I definitely need all these lip pencils. The colors are fantastic!!!

  4. Oh no here I go again. Looks kinda like the same pkging as the Blush.

  5. I keep trying matte lip products hoping to find the right color and feel. I don't like that dried down feeling on my lips so I end up putting on lip balm and that seems to be counter productive to the look. I wish I could find the one. God knows I keep trying and I will probably try these too

  6. These look like they have a lip balm attached at the end...unless that's the tip (?) I'm excited for these, I love matte lips :)

  7. Man the month of June is going to be an exciting time for us ladies who love drugstore makeup! I am so excited, and know in how they are they may start popping up before then :)! Thanks again G!

  8. Just Purchased a few of these, theyre GORGEOUS!


I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.