Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Spotted at Walgreens: Limited Edition Disney Elsa (Frozen) Collection

Updated 2/28/15 with pics and swatches of the e.l.f. Elsa collection.

Walgreens is really running with these special limited edition Disney collections! I showed you the new, permanent SOHO Beauty Disney Princess makeup brushes a little while back, but did you know that there is also a brand new Elsa (Frozen) limited edition collection now popping up in stores? I sure didn't, but thanks to two lovely readers, I have some pics to share with you today!
image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Disney Elsa Collection at Walgreens

Keep reading for lots (and lots) of pics...

First up, reader Hannah (@thepurpleduck on Instagram) spotted this display at her local Walgreens this week and kindly shared these pics:

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Top row: SOHO Beauty Makeup Bags
Bottom row: Orly Nail Polishes

There are four Elsa makeup bags in this collection and the prices from left to right in the photo above are $11.99, $9.99, $7.99 and $7.99. 

Based on the previous Disney bags from SOHO, I would imagine that the lining of these bags is really cute. Here's a closer look at each bag, thanks to Hannah:

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap

Also in this collection are Orly Color Blast nail polishes (this is a defintely a new addition to the Walgreens Disney collections--Orly was not part of any of the previous Disney collections).

Reader Lillian (@moonlette on Instagram) spotted this display at her local Walgreens this week and kindly shared lots of pics of these polishes:

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Left side of display


image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Middle of display

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Right side of display

As you can see, these are the Orly Color Blast polishes, which are NOT the same size as regular Orly polishes. I did a big post about the Color Blasts when they first launched at Kmart, so I can confirm that the Color Blasts are 0.37 ounces for $6.99 each (this is the regular retail price at Kmart too) whereas the regular Orly polishes are 0.6 oz and retail for about $8 each at most places.

So the duos in this display are a better deal at $10.99 for two, given that the singles are $6.99. But I also want you to be aware that some of the shades below (Lillian kindly shared bottle shots of every single shade with us!) do look similiar to some of the permanent, core shades in the Color Blast line (you can check out my blog post HERE to see what I mean). BUT, these Elsa polishes all have special Frozen-themed names, and if you don't already have access to the regular Color Blast line in your area, they could still be worth a purchase (especially the duos since they're a better deal).

Here's a closer look at each shade in this collection:

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Ice-solated

NOTE: reader @nailsactually80 on Instagram shared a macro shot of this polish HERE (it contains some beautiful, hidden shimmer).

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Coronation Ball

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Frozen

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Watch out, or Elsa!

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Winter Blush

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Snow Queen

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
In Summer

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Olaf You a Lot

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Warm Hugs

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Free Spirit

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
Kristoff He Goes

image credit: Hannah for Nouveau Cheap
A Happy...Puddle

Many thanks to reader Ari (@catsandrabbits on Instagram) for the following pics of some additional Elsa items she just spotted at Walgreens:

image credit: Ari for Nouveau Cheap
Ardell Limited Edition Disney Elsa Lash Sets
(retail: $7.99 per set)

Ari also spotted hair accessories and kindly shared this pic:

image credit: Ari for Nouveau Cheap
Scunci Limited Edition Disney Elsa Hair Accessories
(retail: $3.99 each)

Longtime reader @mommywiggles on Twitter also spotted these hair accessories and kindly shared this pic:

image credit: @mommywiggles for Nouveau Cheap
Scunci Limited Edition Disney Elsa Hair Accessories
(retail: $3.99 each)

@mommywiggles also spotted these Frozen-themed cotton swabs and kindly some pics:

image credit: @mommywiggles for Nouveau Cheap
Cotton Buds Limited Edition Disney Frozen Cotton Swabs
(retail: $1.99 each; 150 ct.)

image credit: @mommywiggles for Nouveau Cheap

UPDATE:

Many thanks to two lovely readers for the following pics!

image credit: Ricki for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Limited Edition Elsa Collection at Walgreens

Reader Ricki of RixiePixie blog spotted the e.l.f. Elsa display at her Walgreens this week and kindly shared the pic above, as well as the pics below. As you can see, there's a Beauty Book, an eyeshadow palette, a cheek palette, lipglosses and 

NOTE: the prices of this collection are higher than previous e.l.f. Disney collections

image credit: Ricki for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Elsa Snow and Ice Beauty Book
(retail: $12.99)

image credit: Ricki for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Elsa Eyeshadow Palette and Face/Cheek Palette
(retail: $6.99 each)

image credit: Ricki for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Elsa Lipglosses
(retail: $2.99 each)
e.l.f. Elsa Smudge Pot - cream eyeshadow/liner
(retail: $4.99)

Reader Pryanka Arora (@prysmatique on Twitter) also spotted this collection at her local Walgreens this week and kindly shared some pics (and swatches):

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Limited Edition Elsa Collection at Walgreens

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Disney Elsa Snow and Ice Beauty Book

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
Inside of Beauty Book

I covered Pryanka Arora's image just to protect her privacy--that is obviously a mirror on the left.

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Elsa Eyeshadow Palette

Pryanka Arora purchased the Elsa eyeshadow palette and kindly shared additional photos:

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap

Pryanka Arora was also nice enough to swatch these shadows and include commentary on the photos:

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
Swatches and commentary by Pryanka Arora - without primer

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
Swatches and commentary by Pryanka Arora - over primer

She also shared this dupe comparison:

image credit: Pryanka Arora for Nouveau Cheap
Comparison of UD Shattered and shades 2 and 3 of the Elsa palette, layered

Well this is certainly an exciting collection, right? Lots of things we haven't ever seen before in e.l.f.'s other Disney collections, but I am bummed that the prices have increased over previous collections (but that's what Walgreens Balance Rewards are for, right?). I'm really curious about that Smudge Pot and how it might compare to the two lightest shades in the permanent Smudge Pot line.

Thanks so much, Hannah, Lillian, Ari, @mommywiggles, Ricki and Pryanka Arora, for the great pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Omg I sooo need it , beautiful collection :) going to check my Walgreens this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so cool! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need those polishes! I am about to go get a fill in and repaint and a few of those would be great for my new nail color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of Frozen! Going to hunt down some swatches of all over these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh, they dialed it in with this one, part of the past collections is the various reinterpretations of the characters...these al have the same image :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found those frozen cotton swabs at the $.99 cent store...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive looked at 4 walgreens in md and no where has them stocked :[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walgreens in Westminster, MD has the Elsa Orly collection as of last night when I was there, but can't find elf Frozen collection. Also called 6 Walgreens in MD looking for LE Wet n Wild Silver Lake eyeshadow collection and no one even knows what I'm talking about. Please reply if you find any. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Update: Both Frozen collections at the new Walgreens on Rt. 40 in Ellicott City!

      Delete
  8. "or Elsa..."

    lol

    Thanks for sharing this. As a mother of a toddler, I agree w/someone in your Instafeed -- "will it ever end?" I know it will not, so I'll be hunting down goods at my local Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the nail polish colors are beautiful! Can't wait to find this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh - I hope ELF comes out with some stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo I need those lashes and a couple of those polish shades!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The polishes are very pretty. I would get some if I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had shown my daughter (she's 9) these pics and she thought they were super...so on Saturday we checked at a local Walgreens... they didn't have the nail polishes :( BUT we each came out with an Elsa bag (the $9.99 one for me, the $7.99 wristlet for her)... Also, on a side note, they had the new spring E.O.S lip balms, which she's obsessed with and collects, so we got those too. As soon as we got in the car the balms went in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not happy about the prices bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a nice collection but the fact that they increased the prices irritates me. They know how popular this movie was and they know anything with Elsa's picture on it will sell out in two seconds so in one way they are just being greedy just because they can.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Priyanka's way of reviewing the shades *on* the swatch photo = genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Great swatches!!!

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you both so much!! I'm glad the swatches are helpful :)

      Delete
  17. This cheek palette I thought looked so great, it looks so much like some higher end palletes I have! When I first swatched it on my arm, it seemed somewhat pigmented. But, when I tried applying it, I could not get the blush nor bronzer to show up AT ALL! I have an Elsa-like complexion (NW 13), so I can't imagine this being pigmented enough for anyone!! It may still be worth a try, but I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy two of these on the spot!! :) If anyone finds a way to make this product work, I would LOVE to know how!! The packaging make it too darn cute to return....... Hoping I have better luck with some of the other items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The elf items seem a little more expensive than their non-Frozen themed counterparts. :/ $12.99 Beauty Book and $4.99 Smudge Pot? Unless I'm mistaken, I believe even previous elf Disney items were a little cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are. The beauty books were $9.99 in the past. I think it's because it's Frozen and it's high-demand and they know they can charge more for it.

      Delete
  19. I found them at my local Walgreen here in Waco, TX! I have a picture but I don't know how to send it to you! (I spent about $45 dollars though for the entire makeup collection..) Also, got the smaller wrist-let and the big hair comb.. i can send you pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, just got back from Walgreens with the eye and face palettes, the smudge pot, and the white/clear lip gloss (giving that one to my daughter). I'm already *made up* today but I'll be trying these tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig