Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sinful Colors Holiday 2014: Three New Shades

If you saw my post earlier today featuring the pic of the new Sinful Colors Holiday 2014 end-cap display that's now popping up at Walgreens, then you know that I was curious if there were other new holiday shades (aside from the two I blogged about here) in this display.

Well shortly after my post today, I stopped by Walgreens and they had the end-cap display (yay for finding it before the $0.99 sale was over!). So now I can personally confirm that there are THREE new holiday shades total and the rest of polishes in the display are repromotes from previous collections and the core line. There are the two I first showed you here named Twilight Twinkles and Galax-Sea (which you can also find at Rite Aid) and one new shade that is specific to the end-cap display at Walgreens, called Outta Space. I bought all three, so I thought you'd like to see some pics:

Sinful Colors Holiday 2014 Limited Edition Nail Colors
1495 Outta Space
(Walgreens-exclusive)
1497 Twilight Twinkles and 1498 Galax-Sea
(available at Rite Aid and Walgreens)

Keep reading for close-up shots and more info...

I haven't had time to swatch these yet (I literally just got them home a few minutes ago!) but here are some close-ups:

1495 Outta Space
(Walgreens-exclusive)

Outta Space looks like it could be a nice dupe for China Glaze White Cap, but the micro-flakes might be a bit finer/smaller than White Cap.

1497 Twilight Twinkles
(available at Rite Aid and Walgreens)

Twilight Twinkles contains gold shards and holographic bar glitter (these are actually more like ribbons than bars) in a clear base. I'm very curious to see how this one looks swatched, since there are so many things to control here in terms of placement.

1498 Galax-Sea
(available at Rite Aid and Walgreens)

Galax-Sea contains green metallic shards, green metallic hexes and copper metallic squares. I believe the base is clear, although I haven't swatched this one yet so it could have a very, very sheer, tinted green base.

I want to thank reader Kara for leaving a very helpful comment on my post from earlier today, confirming some of the shades she found in the end-cap display at her Walgreens. Kara, if you're reading this, I totally agree with you about the numbering! I too was looking for a polish numbered 1496, and I looked at every bottle three times over but I couldn't find one. I'm glad I'm not the only one--hopefully that means there simply isn't one (unless for some odd reason both of our displays were just missing that particular shade??). The display at my Walgreens was new and completely untouched, so I don't think that's the case, but I guess you never know!

I also want to once again confirm that there were NO other new shades in the Walgreens end-cap display. I looked at every single polish (three times each!) and I am very familiar with every other shade in the display (most are repromotes from previous limited edition collections, but some are repromotes from the core line).

I hope this post helps, and I will definitely swatch all three of these polishes for you this week, if you'd like to see them!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Minus Outta Space, saw the other two and their displays at Kmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'd love to see nail swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder if that shard looks like the holiday Dior top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how Outta Space compares to Tokyo Pearl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing not similar at all. Tokyo Pearl is a frosty white pearl, whereas Outta Space seems more like a sheer jelly with iridescent gold micro flakes. I don't believe there's any gold in Tokyo Pearl and there's a lot of gold in Outta Space. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. I just bought Twilight Twinkles and I love it! I dabbed it on gently, and had no issues with application.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for confirming there is no 1496, even though that completely offends my sense of order and propriety. :P Maybe it will turn up someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to check out Outta Space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The display wasn't at my local Wags tonight. Soon I'll hit up some other stores. I want all three and have 6 99 cent polishes to exchange for them from the sale before last. Pretty polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies, does anyone have any tips on how to apply these evenly so the glitter doesn't glob in one place? I've only bought one glitter polish before, and I'm afraid I didn't do a very good job with the glob factor. I love that Galax-sea color. Perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I purchased my outta space, the clerk and my partner thought it was the same as Tokyo pearl but it is completely different, both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have Sally Hansen Debut-Tint? It seems similar to Outta Space so I don't think I need both but you never know. If there's a difference then I'll need it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig