Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 12, 2014

Dupe Alert: Milani Enchanted Amethyst vs. MAC RiRi Boy


All will be revealed, after the jump...

Many thanks to reader @girliebeautyxo on Instagram for pointing me in the direction of @xoxokarmen20 on Instagram, who just posted THIS COMPARISON of the new Milani Fall 2014 Limited Edition Lipstick Enchanted Amethyst (matte finish) vs. the MAC Summer 2013 Limited Edition Lipstick RiRi Boy (matte finish). I am seriously impressed by her swatch comparison and according to her post, the Milani lipstick is only $4. Considering that RiRi Boy is going for $115 on Amazon and $75 on eBay as of the time of this post (crazy, right?), that is an absolute STEAL.

I wanted to post this as quickly as possible for you, because I have a feeling that this display is going to be wiped out quickly when it hits CVS and Walgreens (if it's not already at your CVS and/or Walgreens stores). Best of luck if you try to hunt for it this weekend...my fingers are crossed for you! Oh, and don't forget to check out the Constellation Gel Eyeliner swatches HERE, which are also part of this collection.

Thanks again, @girlybeautyxo, for the great tip!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Wow, what a cruel mistress ebay is, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just snagged the blue and green constellation liners from my Wag's - there were only nail polishes, 3 liners and one lipstick (ruby) left in the display when I got there! I checked CVS first and the display has not hit my CVS yet. Will have to keep stalking CVS. The Amethyst lipstick intrigued me when I saw it in your pics of the display, did not realize it is a Mac RiRi dupe - I am not into the Mac RiRi stuff at all and looking at the swatch it looks a bit less wearable than I thought, but will probably snag it anyway if I come across it - hopefully this collection hits my CVS in the next week while I have a 20% off coupon. Shame it's limited edition and such limited quantities in the displays!

    I also noticed a new acne line at CVS called Skin + Pharmacy that looks promising - it is free of fragrance and irritating ingredients, reminded me of my beloved Paula's Choice products in that sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that skincare line sounds interesting! Thanks for the tip. :)

      Delete
    2. Ended up finding Enchanted Amethyst at another Walgreen's, along with the black opal gel liner - yay! I take it back, the lipstick is surprisingly wearable! My first purple lippy! =)

      I'm planning to go back for some of the acne products. They had a 2% salicylic face wash, 2.5% and 5% BP creams, and a non-medicated scrub that is supposed to be very gentle for acne-prone skin. Will take pics for you next time! =)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to CVS today, but I'm wondering if these things will show up on their website. Does Milani usually post LE products on their website? Sorry, I've never ordered from them but I need enchanted ruby and enchanted emerald....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually do, actually! It sometimes takes a little while after the collection releases in stores for it to be available on the Milani website, but I will try to find out if it's going to happen this time around. I can think of a few times when their LE items were NOT eventually available on their site, but mostly they are. I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
  4. I went to CVS after morning first thing after seeing this post last night. I bought both Enchanted Amethyst and one of the Enchanted Topaz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like OCC Hoochie but in lipstick form. If that's the case, then I must have, I love the Hoochie liptar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got enchanted topaz and enchanted ruby they just look Beau

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. I have RiRi Boy, love it. I just wish her matte lipsticks were "matte" and not "retro matte" (except for Nude, which I also have and LOVE, almost impossible to find a dupe for that one, I've searched and tried).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked up enchanted amethyst, and it is such a great color. I normally never buy anything so bright, but because it is matte, it is very wearable and not at all in your face. Looks scarier in the tube than on the lips. Goes well with green eyes. My new love!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig