Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Reader Swatches: Revlon Limited Edition Haute Rocks Collection (all eight shades)

If you missed my post about the new Revlon Limited Edition Haute Rocks Pebbled Texture Collection, this is a brand new collection for Revlon that is just now hitting stores. My pal Tracey (@traceyloveslacquer on Instagram) purchased all eight shades and was nice enough to let me share her swatches with you here!

If you missed my original post (click here for bottle shots), here's what the display looks like:

image credit: @nailpolish_diva for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Limited Edition Haute Rocks Pebbled Nail Enamel Collection

Revlon calls these "Pebbled Texture" polishes. An important thing to note about them (which Tracey describes in detail below) is that these are NOT like traditional textured polishes that feel gritty to the touch--they're more like regular, glitter-dense polishes that feel bumpy because of the glitter.

Tracey writes:
These are not like the OPI or Zoya textured polishes that apply creamy and then dry down to a gritty textured finish. These are just really dense glitters but because of the denseness these feel kind of weird on the nail. You will more than likely want a few coats of a good top coat to smooth things out. For the swatches I applied 2 thin-ish coats with no top coat. The first coat was needed for a good base and the second coat was kind of dabbled on to fill in any bald patches. Overall I really like the collection - except for one that was just horrible!!!! 
So let's get the horrible one out of the way first, right? 

 photo rev2.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Lana'i Lagoon

Tracey said that this one was extremely thick and goopy, and basically a hot mess to apply.  The good news? She didn't have those issues with any of the other polishes in this collection! 

 photo rev6.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Tahitian Coast

 photo rev8.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Balinese Bay

 photo rev5.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Mayan Riviera

 photo rev4.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Brazilian Beach

 photo rev1.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Seychelles Sand

Um,  I NEED THIS. That is all.

 photo rev3.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Caribbean Cove

 photo rev7.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Moroccan Oasis

And here's a bonus shot of a glitter gradient that Tracey created using Moroccan Oasis:

 photo rev9.jpg
image credit: Tracey for Nouveau Cheap
Glitter Gradient: Moroccan Oasis over OPI 4 in the Morning

What do you think of the Haute Rocks collection? Any must-haves here? Obviously I'm crazy about Seychelles Sand...it must be mine! 

Thanks so much, Tracey, for letting me share you beautiful swatches here!
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. Seychelles Sand and Brazilian Beach look so pretty! I might have to try one of these (though the only thing I can think of is how much nail polish remover it will take to get these off, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the foul method and the Dip It are for! :)

      Delete
    2. Uh, make that FOIL method! Lol

      Delete
    3. The typo made me literally laugh out loud

      Delete
    4. I've been reading good things about OPI's new peel off base coat. I'm going to pick it up to try if I can ever find it, I'm a glitter bomb fanatic!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Still not sure if I NEED any of these, but glad to know they're not traditional textured polishes. Thanks for the updated post and pics. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty I may break down and get a couple, especially if I can find them during a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balinese Bay and Seychelles Sand need to be mine! I'll need to look for these, thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goshhhhhhh. I think I need ALL of these. Except for the goopy one. xD They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! I'll be getting them all as soon as they land in west Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Tahitian Coast and Mayan Riviera! Pretty fuschia/lavendar and light green... yay! Happy colors! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are *exactly* what I was hoping they would be... yay Revlon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice. Thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing G! As pretty as some of those swatches are, I'm not really feeling this collection. If I find it on sale, I might take home the moroccan oasis. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that Tahitian Coast. I am glad it is not the textured polish that I do not care for. I think it would make for a nice accent nail in a manicure, or the tips as you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want only Seychelles Sands and Moroccan Oasis. I have a Kirk's Folly ring that matches Seychelles Sands bc it is surrounded by Aurora Borealis. So pretty! I can't wait to wear the two together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I can get these in a decent sale, I'll get the blue, gold, and black ones. I've got a bottle of polish thinner, so goopy doesn't bother me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had just written these off and now I see these photos! One of these will have to be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you know if Tracy used top coat? Just wondering if the top makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOPs sorry, I just read that she didnt lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need several of these! I'm now on the prowl. Great swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't usually like glitters (too lazy to deal with removal hassles!) but these color combos are NICE! good work Revlon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that I *finally* got my hands on the new OPI Glitter Off basecoat, the teal Mayan Riviera will be MINE! I'm on a glitter buying spree.
    (If anyone's wondering, the OPI glitter base really does work as promised; it's a bit of a hassle to scrape off all ten fingers, but way less work than scrubbing with acetone!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it shorten the length of your manicure? I usually leave the same polish on for 6 days.

      Delete
  20. A big thank you to Tracey for the swatches (you have lovely nails, btw) and I really want Mayan Riviera and Balinese Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You picked the same two I like. I hope that these show up at my CVS soon!

      Delete
  21. I actually like these much better now that I've seen them swatched. Liking Lana'i Lagoon, Mayan Riviera and Balinese Bay the best out of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I still want that blue one. Thinner is a polish fanatic's best friend (and quick-dry top coat, of course). I like the green one too. Now I just need to spot these during a sale...

    ReplyDelete
  23. My Lana'i Lagoon was the thinnest of the six I bought. Quality control issue, I guess! I looooove these, I don't like them worn opaquely (as here), but I love them as glitter toppers!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig