Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Vintage Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks Have Landed!

Do you remember back in September of 2013 when I told you that Revlon was bringing back five of its vintage Super Lustrous Lipstick shades in 2014? If you missed that post, here's a refresher (these shades were voted on by fans):


When I posted about this back in September, I was freaking out over the fact that Sandstorm was coming back (one of my faves from back in the day--I believe it was discontinued in the early 2000s) and I know a lot of you were excited to see Icy Violet come back, too.

Well I'm thrilled to let you know that THEY'VE LANDED! Huge thanks to reader @linsview on Instagram for sharing a pic of the display with us (she spotted it at CVS this week). Keep reading for a look!

 image credit: @linsview for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Vintage Super Lustrous Lipstick Shades display at CVS
(retail: around $7 each, 0.15 oz)

 image credit: @linsview for Nouveau Cheap
Icy Violet (1946), Sandstorm (1999), Jungle Peach (1963), Snow Peach (1956), Fifth Avenue Red (1958)

It's important to note that the dates next to each shade are when these colors first debuted, NOT when they were discontinued. For instance, Icy Violet debuted in 1946 but I believe it was discontinued in the early 2000s--I totally remember buying it Rite Aid.

UPDATE: these are definitely limited edition. @linsview just shared this pic of the top half of the display:

 image credit: @linsview for Nouveau Cheap

Have you spotted the vintage Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in your area yet? Will you be picking some up for old time's sake? And if you weren't around when these were on the market the first time, are any of the shades catching your eye?

Thanks again, @linsview, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. LOL I remember voting on their Facebook page and being upset that the ONLY color I voted for was Fifth Ave. Red that won. All the other colors I voted for lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to buying jungle peach and fifth avenue red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the return of Sandstorm!

    ReplyDelete



  4. Is Icy Violet a frost ?


    The rest look like cream finishes .


    --- Nicole



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a frost (pearl) finish, and I remember that several of these are the same. One peach and the red are creams.

      Delete
  5. Oooh Fifth Avenue Red looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need 3-4 of them, depending on swatches....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need me swatches before I buy, but I'm definitely leaning for Snow Peach and 5th Ave. Red! Maybe Icy Violet and Jungle Peach.....and if Sandstorm is dark enough to not make me look like the undead, then I want that!

    Danggit I might as well get them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. None of these are for me but if my mother was still alive she'd be thrilled about Sandstorm. My mother wore that color every. single. day. for years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they do this again next year, it was fun voting--even though most of my faves lost. I am definitely buying Fifth Avenue Red. I think my mom had it in the 80's or early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sightings map? Looks like I'll be calling all CVS's tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Icy Violet does NOT look like a color that debuted in the 40s. So interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohmigosh. Wow. I am having a hard time justifying passing these up- I may have to grab one! Snowy Peach sounds pretty- if it's really a melon-y shade then I am sold. Icy Violet is calling me too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sightings map please, pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I REALLY hope these come to Canada. I voted and really want the two peachy ones for myself and the red for my mother. Who wouldn't want vintage-esque lippies???!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not only will I be on the hunt for Icy Violet and 5th Ave Red but will stock up on them too. Who knows when they will ever be back?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved loved Sandstorm back in the day! Such a great 90's grunge shade! I do hope to see these soon. I think that I will buy every shade. Let's hope that when they show up the drugstores decide to NOT do a BOGO half! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I might need to pick up Snow Peach!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Icy Violet from a previous LE release. I think you can still get it at some of those discontinued online retailers but I definitely want that 5thAveRed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just got the 2 peach colors at the CVS in Studio City, CA. (Ventura Blvd & Laurel Canyon- there are 2 there?! So, it's theCVS on the North side of Ventura in the middle of the block - on the Vons side.) They are all there. The display is very small. only 2/color. WW~~x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found this display at my local CVS here in So. Cal, Redondo Beach. It's $8.99 ea but right now it's BOGO. I purchased the 2 that I wanted Snow Peach & Jungle Peach they look amazing. There are only 2 of each color in the display.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig