Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Limited Edition eos and ChapStick Holiday 2013 collections have landed

It's that time of year again, lip balm fanatics! Here's a look at the Holiday 2013 offerings from ChapStick and eos, in case you haven't seen them at your drugstores yet.

First up, the eos Holiday 2013 lip balm set, thanks to reader Cool Polish:

image credit: Cool Polish for Nouveau Cheap
eos Holiday 2013 Limited Edition Lip Balm Sphere
(retail: $9.99 at Walgreens)

This year's Limited Edition Lip Balm Set includes Vanilla Bean (exclusive to this set), Sweet Mint and Pomegranate Raspberry. It comes in an ornament "sphere" and you can read more about it here.

UPDATE: Right after I published this post, reader Katherine sent over a close-up of the sphere! Check it out:

image credit: Katherine for Nouveau Cheap
eos Holiday 2013 Limited Edition Lip Balm Sphere
(retail: $9.99 at Walgreens)

Also for Holiday 2013, eos has released a Limited Edition Hand Lotion and Lip Balm Set for $4.99 (the lotion is Berry Blossom and the lip balm is Blueberry Acai).

Longtime reader Lindsay spotted the ChapStick Holiday 2013 display at Walgreens last week and shared some pics:

image credit: Lindsay for Nouveau Cheap

I'm happy to confirm that Candy Cane is BACK again for 2013!

image credit: Lindsay for Nouveau Cheap
ChapStick Limited Edition Holiday 2013 Candy Cane Lip Balm

And we've also got a NEW flavor for Holiday 2013:

image credit: Lindsay for Nouveau Cheap 
ChapStick Limited Edition Holiday 2013 Gingerbread Kiss Lip Balm

There are only two flavors for Holiday 2013. There were three for Holiday 2012. To refresh your memory, here's a photo from my Holiday 2012 post:

ChapStick Holiday 2012 Collection
Candy Cane, Chocolate Truffle, Apple Cider

As you can see, the packaging for Candy Cane has changed a bit from last year's version. And we don't have Apple Cider or Chocolate Truffle again this year (boo!). But I'm very excited to try Gingerbread Kiss (Lindsay said it's spot-on!).

Have you spotted/purchased any of these holiday lip balms yet? Thoughts?

Thanks again, Cool Polish, Lindsay and Katherine, for the great sightings and pics!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I stocked up of the candy cane chapstik last year that I still have another 3 pack left but I think I will restock again!!

    I'm obsessed!! It leaves this pretty (yet faint) white sheeny to the lips.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need those Chapsticks, will see if Canadian stores get any or maybe different flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Oooh! I am never the first one to buy a beauty product, but I got Gingerbread Kiss yesterday! (San Diego residents in particular: I found mine in the checkout aisle of Target for $0.98, along with Cake Batter.) It smells like spicy gingerbread- spot-on, & a perfect fall/winter scent. The staying power is nice, and the smell is strong enough to still be scentable (is that a word?) after a few minutes. Thanks! I hope this review comes in handy; I would definately buy again, especially for $1, and the cute gingerbread man on the lid is reason enough alone to buy more =D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Velvet Cupcake, Ginger Bread Kiss and Cake Batter at Walmart in the check out isles for 98 cents. Along with a set of three Candy Canes in a collective tin at Walmart for $3.88! :D Love them all and they are most def spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Walmart had all of these without the fancy packaging in little at the checkout across from the candy. I picked up everything except Gingerbread because I was really after the Cake Batter and Red Velvet LE from previous release. I did see the Gingerbread one there mixed in with all the other flavors. I will have to grab it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got vanilla bean last year in the Alice in Wonderland set. It also had a plain blueberry and watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same set from last year, gotta say I wasn't impressed with the vanilla. It is sooo faint, with an almost plastic note in there...same for the watermelon. The blueberry was my fav of the three. For the record I don't always mind plastic-y notes in bath and beauty products, but for an "all natural" line like EOS I expected a true vanilla pod scent not a friend of Strawberry Shortcake, lol!

      Delete
  7. I am so excited to pick up the EOS holiday collection! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the EOS and thought of several of my Orlando blogger friends that LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey G
    The EOS website also says "Starting November 3rd, will also be available at Target and Ulta stores." about their hand cream and bluberry acai LE set. The LE sphere and LE lotion set are available to purchase on EOS.com's website currently as well. Same prices as Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very surprised at how cheap those prices are for eos! One balm was like $6 at Kohls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apple Cider is my all time favorite Chapstick flavor and I'm SO glad I stocked up last year since it isn't returning (booooo!). Happy to help with the photos all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish that you could get those in Denmark, they look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm crushed apple cider isn't returning. Had I know that I would have bought more when I saw them hanging around throughout the year. :( I tried Gingerbread kiss a few days ago and am not impressed. It smells *okay*, but the scent doesn't stick around at all! At least peppermint's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gingerbread Kiss is so yummy! Like warm cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Walgreens still has Apple Ciders from last year in their clearance section. Might be worth checking for if you are still looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked up the candy cane chapstick a few days ago. I didn't even know about the cake batter or gingerbread, so thanks for this info. I must try them. I have to admit that I saw the apple cider in clearance at Target but had no desire to buy it. These comments make me sorry I missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found the candy cane Chapstick at Big Lots today for 79 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Got Cake Batter the other day after skipping over it for Gingerbread Kiss the first time I saw it at Walmart and am kicking myself for not getting it sooner!!! CB is my new favorite lip balm: moisturizing, long-lasting, tasty, GREAT smell, cheap & made in the US (plus cute packaging!)- what's not to love? After trying GK for a couple weeks now, I'm not as impressed- sure, the smell is nice, but it fades really quickly and is non-hydrating. My final opinion is yes CB; no GK. Hope this helps! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig