Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 10, 2013

(UPDATED with more pics) Spotted: Maybelline Limited Edition Color Show Gilded in Gold Brocade Collection

UPDATE: I've added some reader-submitted bottle shots and swatches to this post. Scroll to the end of this post to see!

The Maybelline Gilded in Gold Collection has caused quite a stir since I first posted about it here. I even have an interactive sightings map for it here, so we can help each other find it! Granted, most of the commotion thus far has been over the limited edition Color Tattoos, but there's also been some excitement over this mysterious new line of Color Show polishes called Brocades.

Well I'm delighted to tell you that the full Gilded in Gold Brocade Collection has landed at CVS and reader Justine (@JustineCB on Twitter) has shared some pics with us (I also have additional pics of the two Brocade polishes that are in the original Gilded in Gold display--you'll see those at the end of this post).

Let's take a look!

  image credit: Justine for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Color Show Gilded in Gold Brocade Collection at CVS

NOTE: The gold shade that's on the model's nails was already sold out by the time Justine found this display.

   image credit: Justine for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Justine for Nouveau Cheap

Longtime reader CherylR, who brought us those pics of the original display, was nice enough to send over additional photos of the two Brocade polishes that are in the original display. To refresh your memory, here's the original display again:

image credit: CherylR for Nouveau Cheap
Click here for a closer look at the cosmetics in this display

Here are close-ups of the two Brocade polishes in this display:

   image credit: CherylR for Nouveau Cheap
Silver Swank, Crushed Crimson

  image credit: CherylR for Nouveau Cheap
Silver Swank, Crushed Crimson

Reader Kendra also shared a photo (taken in sunlight) of these two shades:

image credit: Kendra for Nouveau Cheap
Silver Swank, Crushed Crimson

And reader Kaite shared some pics and swatches (taken indoors) of Crushed Crimson:

 image credit: Katie for Nouveau Cheap
Crushed Crimson

 image credit: Katie for Nouveau Cheap
Crushed Crimson


UPDATE: Reader Jordana kindly shared some bottle shots and swatches of ALL TEN shades in this collection!

 image credit: Jordana for Nouveau Cheap
Back row: Embellished Blues, Lavishly Lilac, Silver Swank, Black In Mirrors, Gilded Rose
Front row: Ruby Refined, Emerald Elegance, Beaming Blue, Crushed Crimson, Amethyst Couture

Jordana swatched all ten shades in this collection and be sure to look closely at her swatches because she swatched them in a gradient, from one coat (on the top of the nail) to four coats (at the bottom of the nail):


 image credit: Jordana for Nouveau Cheap
Embellished Blues, Lavishly Lilac, Silver Swank, Black In Mirrors, Gilded Rose


 image credit: Jordana for Nouveau Cheap


 image credit: Jordana for Nouveau Cheap
Ruby Refined, Emerald Elegance, Beaming Blue, Crushed Crimson, Amethyst Couture

 image credit: Jordana for Nouveau Cheap

So as you can see, these go on sheer, but they build for more opacity. They all seem to contain a mix of fine and chunky glitters.

Have you seen the Brocade collection in person yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Jordana, Justine, CherylR, Kendra and Katie, for the wonderful pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

31 comments

  1. I saw one display of this and am kicking myself hard that I didn't get the tattoos right then and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful! Can't wait for this to come to central Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am also in Central Texas and have been on the hunt. Looks like the interactive map has a sighting in Plano. Seems the only stores carrying them so far are Bed, Bath and Beyond. Hopefully soon.

      Delete
  3. these look beautiful................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grocery store I work at gets Cover Girl and Maybelline collections in, I'll just wait for it to show up at work and snag what I want then, bwahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in checking out that new gold color tattoo... gold rush wasn't the best :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not gold, but a matte beige.

      Delete
    2. Hi Miranda, if you're looking for a good gold creme type shadow to use as a base or alone e.l.f makes one (I got it last month at Harmon Face Value) it's called Long-lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in "Toast." I LOVE it, wearing right now w/ a touch of Urban Decay Maui Wowie actually...it's eye-mazing!!! ;) btw- no fallout, which is tough w/ the UDMW.

      Delete
  6. I cant wait to see this in my area. I am going through all my magazines to rip out the Maybelline coupons.! I really want to get a hold of the pink blush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked up Crushed Crimson and the gold one pictured on the model its called Gilded Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crushed Crimson looks like Ruby Rhinestones #800 from Holiday 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. And I think I want Gilded Rose most of all =)
      It reminds me of aEngland "She Walks In Beauty" and Lippmann "Baby I'm A Star"

      Delete
    2. Its much prettier in person, a rose gold with light pink glitters. They're all lovely, I just saw the display last nite at Rite Aid and snagged them all. Damn LE's get me every time, at least they're cheap compared to most.

      Delete
  10. All look interesting must find them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I do not need to buy another NP, but I am going to buy them if they hit my area. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found the brocade collection at several of Pittsburgh Rite Aid's but not anywhere else. I'm starting to wonder if my area will get the Gilded in Gold CT and blushers at all. Has anyone had any success finding these in the Pittsburgh area? If so PLEASE share the details as I'm obsessed with "needing" those CT'S especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. iI bought two shades in a display with just two of them; just finished putting on crushed crimson. It is a ONE COATER the swatch doesn't do it justice, just have to use a thick coat. I swatched the other one (silver swank) on my nail it is also a one coater if you lay it on thick. It is gorgeous in person and I think crushed crimson is going to be my favorite shade this season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw a post on Instagram from Maybelline stating that they will carry this collection until the end of November. Instead of October. That Means we have one more month to try to find these puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw them tonight at Rite Aid for BOGO 50% off! It wasn't in my budget sadly :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can I just say that Lavishly Lilac is one of the most stunning eye-catching polishes I have ever seen! I love it so much! People immediately notice my nails because of how it catches the light. I may have to go buy another bottle if there's any left.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't find these anywhere! =( Where are people finding these? I've checked Walgreen's, and Walmart. Nothing much else around here to find them. Kmart, maybe. ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just saw this collection where I live, which is in Switzerland and I picked up a colour that you do not have here. It is called Sapphire Stitch and is a beautiful black with golden and purple glitter init.

    ReplyDelete
  19. FYI for anyone who couldn't fine this collection in their area, they are currently on the Maybelline website for purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Last night I saw 305 Gilded Rose on the perm shelf with it's own name tag. Price $4.19. It was not at Rite Aid were there was a BOGO FREE sale at $1.99 each (regular $3.99).

    I will have this polish, but only if there is a great sale. LOVE IT, so unusual, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Gilded Rose too on the perm shelf at CVS and picked it up. It really is a gorgeous color. :D

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig