Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Spotted: L'Oreal Fall 2013 Limited Edition Mix and Matte Colour Riche Nail Collection

Today I have for you a collection that I didn't even know existed until longtime reader JenJen shared some pics! Have you seen the new L'Oreal limited edition Mix and Matte collection yet?

image credit: JenJen for Nouveau Cheap

Pics and info, after the jump...

JenJen just spotted this display at her local Walgreens:

image credit: JenJen for Nouveau Cheap
L'Oreal Fall 2013 Limited Edition Mix and Matte Colour Riche Nail Collection

In this display, there are three "irresistibly glossy" nail lacquers (on the left) and three "velvety matte" nail lacquers (to the right). There are also some Nail Lingeries in what looks to be a gradient design (I think they come in gold, silver and white).  In the display image, you can see that they're suggesting you wear the dark (black?) matte with the glossy nude shade as a French tip, and then apply one of the Nail Lingeries over the glossy nude on your accent nail. I have to say, that's a really cute and festive nail look for the holidays!

Could this be the first time that L'Oreal has done matte polishes in the US? I don't know if they've ever done them for markets outside of the US, but I can't remember seeing any L'Oreal mattes here in America. I'm trying to think back and I have a feeling they might have done something suede-like a long time ago, but maybe I'm getting that mixed up with the Revlon Suedes? 

Have you spotted this display in you area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, JenJen, for the great sighting and pics--I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Have been seeing these all week at Target and Wag's in my area (NC). Target even had the matte and lacque (spelling of it?) lipsticks/jumbo liners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look awesome, very interested in what those Nail Lingerie's look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they're like the other gradient ones they have they are nice! I have a couple, a silver and kind of an iridescent one.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen matte or suede L'Oreals in Italy (and thus European market) either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this yet, but it looks really fun...I am curious about applying the nude color over black, how many coats would you need to make it opaque? It's all very interesting. I would love to know if someone has this and done it! I have done gold and silver foil over black, but nude???? Can it work? SO many questions!!! LOL! Thanks G.and JenJen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could maybe apply the nude as the base color and then use nail guides to block off your tips and then go over it with the black. I would love to try this look, it's very pretty!

      Delete
  5. Either L'Oreal or Revlon did a matte polish in the early 2000's. There was a gold matte that had glitter particles, a graphite grey and a red.
    There might have been more colors, but those were the only ones I had.
    They were GORGEOUS, but sadly a bit ahead of their time. I would love to have them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the design of the bottles has changed it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I need a black matte and can't find a good one so keeping my eyes peeled for this! (Wish it was CVS, I have Extrabucks to use but oh well!)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig