Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 5, 2013

Sally Girl Dupe Alert

I've been talking about the little $0.99 Sally Girl products from Sally Beauty here on my blog since about the beginning of the blog itself. I love several of these little eyeshadows, glosses, blushes and nail polishes, so I was pretty excited to hear from several of you that Sally has recently released new shades in their polish range, including some lovely cremes, shimmers and even some new glitters! In fact, reader @ninabeach on Instagram recently told me that there's a fun new multi-colored topper, which you can view here. Be sure to enlarge the images on ALL of these new shades (scroll the right-hand side of this page to view all shades), because some of them don't look like they contain glitter until you see the larger photos.

And it turns out that one of the new glitters in particular, Brainy, looks like a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (retail: $18). I mentioned a while back that the new Fing'rs polish, Mint Condition, is also a dupe for Mermaid's Dream, but if you haven't been able to find the new Fing'rs display in your area, here's a new and super-affordable option!

Huge thanks to reader philip's-vintage-girl for the following pic (and dupe alert!):

image credit: philip's-vintage-girl for Nouveau Cheap
Sally Girl Nail Color in Brainy
(retail: $0.99 at Sally Beauty, 0.12 oz)

Gotta love a 99-cent dupe, right? Have you seen/purchased any of the new Sally Girl polishes yet? I'd love to know what you think of them! And just FYI in case you're new to this line, you can purchase Sally Girl products both in-store and online. In stores, they're located right near the registers.

Thanks so much, philip's-vintage-girl, for the great tip and pics!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Charlotte Russe also carries a great dupe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As well as Urban Outfitters, it's even in a squared shape bottle ala DL. I picked it up a few wks ago, pretty big bottle. :)

      Delete
    2. Yep, but I love that Sally is so much more accessible (at least here in S. Cal) and you can't beat 99-cents! Lol! ;)

      Delete
  2. I just love these minis. Especially the little glosses. I have a couple of nail polishes but the tiny brushes and tops are hard to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reviewed the Charlotte Russe one, love it! This one looks a bit bluer maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!! Must look for this next time I'm in Sally's:))
    xoxo
    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urban Outfitters also has a dupe of Mermaid's Dream. It retails for $5 but there is always a buy 2 for $8 deal on their polishes. Urban Outfitters also has a pretty good dupe of DL Ray of Light for the same price. Imperfectly Painted has a comparison of the 2 on her blog.

    Regardless of all that, I'm glad another store is jumping in and offering a dupe of this great color. I've had great success with all my Sally Girl polishes so I'm betting this one will also be good quality. It's also better packaging the tall, weird Fing'rs bottle, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those tiny Sally polishes. Those and the baked eye shadow singles are so cheap and work so great. Plus I just got a Sally coupon in the mail, so I know I'll be meandering over there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now they have mini colored mascara in green, blue, purple, and red for 99 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Brainy and Butta. They both are so pretty and are my only ones from this line. I would definitely repurchase. Butta is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have DL Mermaid's Dream and bought Fing'rs Mint Condition for comparison. Mint Condition isn't really the same color, though the effect is similar, and the formula is very thick and gloppy -- would definitely not call it a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly! The blue glitter is not even close in the Mint Condition one. It would not satisfy someone's lemming for the DL one, but the Sally's Girl one could for sure.

      Delete
  10. I'm so flattered to see my picture in this post! :) I was glad to help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to return an item to Sally's so I am going to totally check out that lil polish. I always see them at the register and always think about buying a few since they are tiny & cheap. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig