Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 6, 2013

Spotted: NEW Bongo Beauty Collection

If you're as old as I am, you probably remember Bongo as a very popular brand of jeans from the 80s. And if you're younger than I am, you might not remember this brand from back in the day, but more for what they're doing now (women's clothing and accessories).

Either way, did you know that Bongo just launched a beauty line? I didn't either! Reader Nikki spotted the new Bongo Beauty display at her local Kmart and was nice enough to share some pics. According to the Bongo website, this line just launched exclusively in Kmart stores on May 1st. Take a peek:

image credit: Nikki for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Bongo Beauty Collection
Exclusively at Kmart
(retail: $2.99 - $14.99)

More pics and details, after the jump...


image credit: Nikki for Nouveau Cheap

I love that Bongo not only lists the prices clearly on the display, but also the weights:

Lip gloss: 0.30 oz wand $3.99, 0.43 oz tube $2.99
Nail polish: 0.34 oz $2.99
Eau de toilette: 0.34 oz $7.99, 2.0 oz $14.99
Body lotion: 8.7 oz $7.99
Body mist: 8.7 oz $7.99

 image credit: Nikki for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Nikki for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Nikki for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Nikki for Nouveau Cheap

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for new body mists so I'm curious to see what the fragrances are like in this range. And of course I have my eye on that royal blue polish (above). Since this collection is at Kmart, expect to see sales in the future, which will of course bring the prices down even lower.

Have you spotted the new Bongo Beauty Collection at your local Kmart yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Nikki, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. LOL wow--I remember Bongo! :P The nail polishes look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... they are teaming up with Kmart, and Kmart stores are closing left and right (at least in San Diego). Who came up with this brilliant marketing plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bongo has ALWAYS been sold exclusively at Kmart and Sears.

      Also, I'm in San Diego too and haven't noticed any stores closing left and right? I mean, there was the initial mass closing a year or two ago, but since then all of the Sears Essentials stores in San Diego have seemed to turned BACK into Kmarts (which I love, because I never did like Sears Essentials).

      Delete
    2. Correction: Bongo has always been exclusive to Kmart and Sears since in the 2000s...not back in the 80s!

      Delete
    3. I'm on the east coast and there is only one Kmart left that I know where I live. Two closed last year. Some people have said that there aren't any Kmart's left in their area at all now. They aren't the sable company right now.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I'm a bit older than you and I sure don't recall Bongo jeans. I do remember though that "designer" jeans were the jeans of the day though like Gloria Vanderbilt and Guess? was all the rage. Is that $3 nail polish I spy down there?!!! I love nail polish and this price is right. I like the yellow, the mint, and the two blue polishes and the pretty lavendar polish. I will be looking for those to come to my neighborhood too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bongo was big AFTER the first wave of designer jeans (Sassoon, Jordache, Gloria Vanderbilt, etc). If I remember correctly, they were like the more affordable Guess? jeans. :)

      Delete
    2. I wore Bongo jeans back in the very early 90's...90-93. The more affordable Guess jeans were called Traffic jeans. They had a similar inverted triangle w red black and white insignia.

      Delete
    3. Btw- I did get made fun of for wearing the Bongo jeans. The trendy denim at the time was Farlow, Edwin, Guess ofcourse, and Zcavaricci, but those were just pants/slacks, or did they have denim too?? Cannot recall.

      Delete
  4. I saw this at the local Kmart (in Charlotte, NC), but I didn't remember Bongo jeans.

    Anyone around here spotted the Almay Liquid Lip Balms?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite pair of jeans in high school were my Bongo jeans. I laughed when I read your first sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Bongo jeans. I don't remember wearing them. I really am.liking the look of the nail polishes (duh, right?) . I am going to Kmart as soon as I can! Yippee for new lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I wore them in the late 90's, huge flare legged jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED Bongo jeans, they came in like every color!! I think I owned them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do remember the brand as well as the other 80's to 90's brands. My dad wasn't going to pay for designer jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember bongo jeans- here in Canada they were sold at more trendy stores approx 10-15 years ago. I remember one pair I had that were massively flared out and I thought they were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh... I think I might still have a pair of Bongo jeans lying around! I might have to pick up that gold polish... and a few of its friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually live really close to a Kmart right now. I currently live in the Boston area. I'm pretty sure there are no more Kmarts in Texas (or at least close to Dallas where I used to live) and I live near one of the only ones in the Boston area. In fact, it might be the only one that is easily accessible by train.

    It's so weird, because I grew up going to Kmart and eating in their lunch room. Does anyone else remember when Kmart served food? I grew up in Pennsylvania (if it was a PA exclusive thing, but I don't think it was).

    I also remember Bongo jeans! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that. The Kmart here in Charlotte actually had a pretty decent little lunch counter back in the day.

      Delete
  13. Oh wow. It seems like there's only two KMarts left in the entire state of Georgia, but atleast one of them is only five minutes away from me! I have my eye on some of those nail colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this in my Kmart in Gainesville, FL this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The packaging of the purple lotion and fragrance reminds me exactly of that of rio rumberry from bath and body works.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember Bongo! Pretty sure I had some (probably high waisted and pleated) cut off jean shorts when I was younger. I'm sure I didn't look nearly as fab as I thought I did! LOL I like the look of the polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it's unfortunate that the Kmart in my city went out of business over 2mons ago :-(.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig