Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spotted: Maybelline Summer 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos (six shades)


UPDATE: There are two additional Color Tattoo shades in this collection (eight total), as well as new Color Whisper Lip Colors and eight Limited Edition Color Show nail polishes. Click here to view them. To see swatches of six the eight Color Tattoos in this collection, please click here.

One word for you this fine Saturday morning: DUOCHROMES.

Longtime reader Cheryl R. spotted the new Maybelline Summer 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos at her local Bed Bath and Beyond recently and was nice enough to share some pics with us.

NOTE: Cheryl confirmed that the safety seal on these Colors Tattoos DOES say "limited edition" so...let the hunt begin!

image credit: Cheryl R. for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Maybelline Summer 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos Eyeshadows

Keep reading for close-up pics and shade names...

image credit: Cheryl R. for Nouveau Cheap
Clockwise from top left: 25 Shady Shores, 45 Lavish Lavender,  30 Icy Mint, 20 Waves of White, 35 Cool Crush, 40 Seashore Frosts

image credit: Cheryl R. for Nouveau Cheap

As you can see, at least three of these shades are duochromes (Seashore Frosts, Cool Crush and Waves of White). And is it just me or does Seashore Frosts look like it might be the eyeshadow equivalent to Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy/Deborah Lippmann Wicked Game? Gorgeous.

Have you spotted these new Limited Edition Color Tattoos in your area yet? Any must-haves here? Between these and the new Limited Edition L'Oreal Infallibles, I'd say this summer is already shaping up to be pretty exciting for drugstore eyeshadow!

UPDATE: To see swatches of five of the six shades in this collection, please click here.

Thanks once again, Cheryl R., for the fantastic sighting and beautiful pics (and new lemmings!).
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. Awesome! I use these to put color in my hair. I will be on the look out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! Color Tattoos are a HG and these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! If these are really duochromes, I may expire from joy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. If they read as duochromes on the eye, I might pass out! Lol!

      Delete
  4. MUST. HAVE. NOW! I love color tattoos and these look pretty darn awesome. Too bad it takes forever for my area to get these kinds of displays. Let the drugstore stalking begin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! If these are anything like the last round of LE color tattoos, they might show up at Walgreens first, followed my CVS and finally at Target and Rite Aid. But who knows? It might be different this time around....so hard to predict! :/

      Delete
  5. This is exciting!!! Has anyone ever used these like eyeliners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "This is exciting!!! Has anyone ever used these like eyeliners?"

      I have. They do really well on me, especially with a little shadow on top.

      Delete
  6. Seashore Frost and Icy Mint look pretty! I hope they aren't too frosty. I love the look of the color tattoo Inked in Pink from the metal line, but the metallic finish doesn't really show up on my eyes :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I hope my Walgreens has these.. otherwise they are gonna get sick of me coming in there looking for these lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? i always feel like such a stalker going in and out and in and out and not buying anything until i find what i want. lol.

      Delete
    2. The one Walgreens in my area is right up the block from the Salvation Army. So after I thrift, I often stop there to check for LE items. I carry a BIG messenger bag, and then I'll have a big black shopping bag as well. I know I look shady walking all the way down one aisle to the back, and then to the front, looking at the front LE displays. I finally told one of the cosmetics staff what I was doing. Ha! I should have just given her my number and asked for a call if the things I want come in. Duh!

      Delete
  8. Seashore frosts is beautiful!! Thanks for making my list of things I want longer! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will have to try Seashore Frost. That has potential! A swatch is a must. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need the bottom four IMMEDIATELY. I was just in Rite Aid looking at the Color Tattoo metallic display wishing they'd introduce new colors. Excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I asked Maybelline for a silvery purple some months back. I don't know if that's a coincidence, but I'm definitely buying Lavish Lavender. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need all the duochromes :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOD I NEED TO SEE SWATCHES NOOOWWW

    If Waves Of White is a white/gold duochrome IT WILL BE MINE. If the duochrome is a different color IT WILL PROBABLY BE MINE ANYWAY.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welp, looks like I'll be stocking up on eyeshadows during late spring/summer... Man, L'Oreal & Maybelline have got it down!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do the Color tattoos get dry in time? or do they stay with a creamy texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had mine dry out a little. I have 3 color tattoos and 3 paint pots and the paint pots I have had longer are creamier than my newest color tattoo. They are still usable. But drier.

      Delete
  16. I NEED Seashore Frosts. I NEED IT! I hope someone swatches it soon. I can't find any results on google, only their other palette which is conveniently also called Seashore Frosts. Maybe it's a mix of all the colors in the palette!

    Duochrome eyeshadow *dies* I'm hoping it will look like the inside of a shell and actually show up on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness! I'm SO EXCITED for these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like these products are like the new pokemon for me or something...seriously, whenever I see a new display, I want every single one of them LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I feel like these products are like the new pokemon for me or something"

      Right there with you.. gotta catch them all! LOL.. and the harder it is to find, the more I want it.

      Delete
  19. I can't wait to see swatches of these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crystalis007 made a youtube vid and swatched them all. Sooooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anyone having luck in spotting these, if so what store?? I have checked all the stores and nothinbg. Is this going to be another chase like the WNW Spring Forward collection? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in SC, and they're at my Ulta, CVS, and some Walgreens. I got Seashore Frost (awesome, it's the best one, IMO), Cool Crush, and the Blue One, I cannot remember the name.

      Delete
  22. For those of us in Florida we wont be getting them until next month I checked with my local Walgreens! BOOOOOOO -_-

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig