Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spotted: Sally Hansen Holiday 2012 Salon Effects and L.A. Colors Polka Dot Collections

Two more new collections to show you today, both of which were spotted recently by readers at Rite Aid stores.

First up, the Sally Hansen Holiday 2012 Salon Effects Collection (I received many photo submissions of this one, and I apologize for not being able to post all of them. Thanks so much to everyone who sent pics of this one!):

 image credit: Pau for Nouveau Cheap

Longtime reader Pau spotted this collection at her local Rite Aid and was nice enough to share some great close-ups. 

Keep reading for more pics...


  image credit: Pau for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Pau for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Pau for Nouveau Cheap

This next collection is something I really didn't expect to end up at Rite Aid. If you recall my post about these L.A. Colors Polka Dot kits, I spotted them at a local Japanese market a while back and was so excited because they come with a double-ended dotting tool (which I'm totally obsessed with, by the way). I think this is the FIRST dotting tool I've ever seen at the drugstore...

 image credit: Stephanie for Nouveau Cheap
L.A. Colors Polka Dot Nail Art Collection 
(retail: $4.99 each at Rite Aid)

Reader Stephanie spotted this display at her local Rite Aid and was nice enough to share these pics. As you can see, each kit comes with three mini bottles of polish and a double-ended dotting tool:

  image credit: Stephanie for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Stephanie for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Emi of Project Swatch also spotted a display for this collection at her Rite Aid recently, but the polish colors are different, so take note that your Rite Aid might get one (or both?) of these displays. This is also the same display that I found at my local Japanese market:

  image credit: Emi for Nouveau Cheap

The kit on the far left is the same one that I bought, and you can see my post about my first dotting tool experience using this kit here (so fun!).

Thanks so much, Pau, Stephanie and Emi, for the great sightings and pics! I really appreciate it.

Have you spotted/purchased any of these new nail products? Thoughts?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. These are so super duper cute I want to rush over there right now.

    By the way, CVS has charged me $2.19 for $1.99 wet n wild polishes twice in the last month here in NorCal. The displays clearly say $1.99 but I keep getting charged extra, and today when I complained again it was a big ordeal to get a refund, but it is the principle. : /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you asked for price adjustments!!

      Delete
    2. I bought one of the limited edition 8-pans and was charged $5.29 instead of $4.99. I figured that maybe it was because it was limited edition. Should have asked for the adjustment, but now it'd be a huge hassle to drive back over there. I'm in NorCal, too, by the way.

      Delete
    3. I see this in NYC alot especially in Duane reade.. That extra .30 cents when the display clearly states that it's cheaper!! They usually have a lame excuse like it's mismarked... I'm like the display board is musmarked?!?! Call me crazy, but it's probably your computer!!!!

      Delete
  2. The SH Salon Effects Holiday collection is at CVS too! I just bought "Snow Way!" for my littlest sister...she loooved it :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, that one is super cute!! Where a sweet sis you are. :)

      Delete
  3. I need to snap some pics when I am at the drugstores. Are the Sally Hansen Salon Effect strips easy to use? I have at least four packs, but I am not confident that I can pull it off. Of course, I want a few of the new ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them very easy to apply. You can see my full review here, if that helps:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/11/review-sally-hansen-salon-effects-real.html

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I'm not the only one intimidated to try them. I have 4 different ones I found on sale but have yet to use them. Soon, very soon!

      Delete
    3. I'm very spastic when it comes to self manicures, but these are pretty easy to do! You just need to make sure you even out your cuticles.. That's it! They look so cute! And last About 5 days

      Delete
  4. I've seen the polka dot kits at fred meyer in or.

    ReplyDelete
  5. snow way & holi-daze is sooo cute, I just might be tempted into buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally going to scope out Rite Aid this weekend looking for the Polka Dot kit! I have been wanting one of those dotting tools! :) Also have my eye on the Salon Effects Checkin It Twice pattern. I just wish the SH was less expensive! I just started using these nail polish strips and really like the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone is near a Five Below store, they have some of last year's holiday designs for $3! I was hoping there would be a new holiday plaid design this year, though. I love me some plaid. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig