Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fashion Week: Butter LONDON on the Runway

I just received some info about how Butter London was worn on the runway recently at New York Fashion Week and thought I'd share! Take a peek:

New York Fashion Week Spring 2013
Nails by Katie Hughes, Global Colour Ambassador for butter LONDON


ERIN FETHERSTON
 

Overall Look: The designer's signature feminine style had a bit of an edge.  The collection consisted of flirty, feminine silhouettes with zippers, studs and texture. 
 
Nail Design: The models weren't wearing bracelets or rings because Erin wanted the nails to be the accessory for the hands.  Metallic nails mimicked the look of jewelry, lending itself to the ultimate eye-catching accessory. We used Lillibet's Jubilee, a silver metallic colour with a lilac finish that adds a feminine touch to the rock & roll vintage feel. 
 
Details: The nails were naturally rounded for a feminine finish.
 
butter LONDON 3-Free Nail Lacquer Colours: Lillibet's Jubilee and The Full Monty

Keep reading for two additional looks...

VEDA

Overall Look: The collection by this cool NYC label featured leather textures, psychedelic prints and tie-dye hues.
 
Nail Design: The nails were inspired by the tie-dye pieces of the collection, which we complemented with a bespoke Cosmic Nail, including a mix of mauve and olive with celestial effects. 
 
Details: Knackered was used as a top coat to give the nails a holographic effect. To add an edge to the look, a glossy black stripe was added for an unexpected geometric element.
butter LONDON 3-Free Lacquer Colours: Toff, Sloane Ranger, Knackered, Union Jack Black

KAELEN
Overall Look: Kaelen showed a powerful collection featuring designs with a modern 80's vibe.  Sharp lines with rock prints, lucite accents and pops of sunny neon yellow rounded out a mainly black palette. 
 
Nail Design: For nails, we went for a high contrast “Distressed Nail” using black as the base, a bespoke nude khaki was then layered in jagged strokes towards the bed.
 
Details: For added dimension, we matted out only the black section, creating a dual-textured look full of disheveled luxury.
 
butter LONDON 3-Free Lacquer Colours: Yummy Mummy, Union Jack Black, Matte Finish Shine-Free Topcoat

I'm really loving the little black stripes from the Veda show...how about you?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Cool and unusual nail looks. I'd like to try the second one, with the black stripe.

    I simply cannot stand "bespoke". I know it's old fashioned, but it just feels smug and pretentious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? How so? I'm so curious about this! Is there a connotation I'm not aware of? I always just think of it as synonymous with "custom-made" or "made to order"...I've heard this term used in the business world for so long (but I know it was stolen from the fashion industry)--am I missing something? Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. I've been seeing it for the past year in fashion related articles, and something about it rubbed me the wrong way. When I got around to looking up the meaning, it irritated me even more. What's wrong with just saying "custom made"? At least that has an honest, forthright ring to it. I guess it's my "nails on the chalkboard" word. That, and "pop". Gah. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never even heard the term "bespoke" until now.

    I really don't care for the third nail look, it sort of looks like her nails are rotting or something. The other two are nice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I didn't get that feeling from the third one until you said that! Lol!

      Delete
  3. I like this post! I usually don't like fashion week posts, but this one was kind of informative and inspiring. Probably because the nails look kind of sloppy and make me think, I could do that! Hahaha.

    I think "bespoke" means exactly what you think it means, G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! I agree--they're not intimating and they actually look like something I could pull off, which I love! :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the second look! It's pretty simple, but it's really cute! The first and third looks I'm pretty meh about. I like the colors, but I don't that they're anything super special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second look is my fave too! I really want to try it. :)

      Delete
  5. I like the first look; it's not complicated. And the first model looks like a young Jennie Garth, maybe from her 90210 days? Very pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely love these - so inspiring for LFW :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig