Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 7, 2012

More new releases from e.l.f.

Yesterday I posted pics of the new e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows. Thanks to reader CiCiSparkles21 for the heads-up about those, and also for alerting us to the fact that e.l.f. released two more new products!

(Note: If you're thinking of placing an e.l.f. order anytime soon, be sure to check out CiCi's comments on the You Tell Me page, which you can access via the top menu bar of this blog, for lots of new e.l.f. codes.)

First let's take a look at the new baked eyeshadow palettes:

(images and info via eyeslipsface.com)

  e.l.f. Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette in NYC
(retail: $10, 0.212 oz)

These palettes are a little pricey at $10 a piece, but they are from the Studio line, which is generally a step up in quality from the Essential line. 

From the e.l.f. website:
Each Baked Palette features 10 gorgeous baked eyeshadows so you can achieve a flawless look whenever, wherever. The silky and blendable formula of our Baked Eyeshadow provides smooth and even application with each sweep of color. Baked in an oven, these eyeshadows offer rich pigmentation for a beautiful effect. Infused with active key ingredients Jojoba, Rose, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape to nourish and hydrate the skin. The long-lasting and shimmering color can be worn wet for a vibrant effect or dry for sheer pigmentation, offering a variety of gorgeous eye looks!

Directions: Apply dry all over the eyelid with a brush for a subtle wash of color or apply wet for a vibrant effect. Choose a light color to apply all over the eyelid as a base or to highlight. Next, apply a medium shade over the eyelid or in the crease to contour. Then apply the darkest shade to define and line the eye for depth and a smoky look.
 
Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil), Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).  
e.l.f. Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California
(retail: $10, 0.212 oz)
Next up, a new concealer:

 e.l.f. Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer - Oil Free (six shades)
(retail: $3, 0.7 oz)
I can't even begin to express to you how excited I am about this one. As you know, I've had very good luck with the e.l.f. studio tinted moisturizer, but as with all tinted moisturizers and American BB creams, it doesn't give me quite as much coverage as I need. So the fact that this is a "maximum coverage" concealer has got me doing high kicks and jazz hands over here! I am a full-coverage kind of gal, so this could a dream product for me, and I'm happy it comes in six shades. Also, the tube is a pretty generous size as far as concealers go (the studio tinted moisturizer is 0.88 oz and this concealer is 0.7 oz).


Maximum Coverage Concealer provides blendable, wearable, customizable coverage for body and face. The Oil Free formula is perfect for hiding tattoos, birth marks, dark circles, blemishes, scars and more. Highly pigmented for for long-lasting, ultimate coverage and confidence! For extended wear, finish with the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set.

Directions: Start with a clean, dry area and using a Concealer Brush or Sponge, apply the Maximum Coverage Concealer in a patting motion over a tattoo, birth mark or any other area you wish to cover. Make sure to blend and fade out the edges for a natural look. Let the Concealer dry completely between application layers. Reapply as necessary to achieve desired coverage. With a sponge, apply a powder over the area to set in the concealer. For extended wear, finish with the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set.

Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Cyclomethicone, Isononyl Isononancate, Cetyl PEGPPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

So...what are your thoughts about these new releases from e.l.f.? I know that some of you have already placed orders (waves to palette_obsession_701), but if you haven't ordered anything yet, is there anything in particular that's grabbing your attention?
SHARE:

40 comments

  1. Wow! Those are practically copies of the Sephora baked shadow palettes! And for $10 each I'll buy both!

    Also, props to e.l.f. on the concealer! Hardly anything drugstore is full coverage, and I'm a full-coverage girl like you, G! Hopefully it comes in a light enough shade for me *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call on the Sephora palette!! And i'm crossing my fingers for us both on the concealer...let's hope we both find a good shade match. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm usually skeptical of Elf, but I have read several glowing reviews of the baked eyeshadow singles. Hopefully these are the same formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those palettes look lovely. They remind me of the Wet n' Wild ones that came out last year. I want them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought when I first saw them!! Great minds...;)

      Delete
  4. I'm soooooooooo excited about the full-coverage concealer! Pretty sure I yelped when I saw it yesterday! I've been searching for a full-coverage drug store-priced concealer for sooooooo long! Tried so many, but still need a better one for my under-eye area.

    Also, I checked out their new single "Mineral Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows" - pretty cool they are in single-formats, but they look like average neutrals, so I might just wait for their Black Friday sale for those ;)

    Speaking of new items, I REALLY want to try their new "Studio Small Stipple Brush" and "Studio Angled Blush Brush" [which have been listed as sold-out for weeks and they are finally back in stock].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I was yelping right along with you, Delmy!

      And yep, I am ALL over that small stippling brush! My Target has a pretty big elf display with a good selection of studio products, so if this shows up there, I guarantee you'll hear me yelping from your house. Lol!!

      Delete
  5. Wow only $3 for concealer? And they have shades for darker skin tones, Sign me up! The baked eyeshadow palette is a steal for $10, it reminds me of the Sephora one for 30 bucks: http://www.sephora.com/moonshadow-baked-palette-in-the-nude-P292307 I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to say the same thing. The two baked eyeshadow palettes reminded me of the Sephora baked palettes right away! At a third of the price, I think I may give them a try! :)

      Delete
    2. I agree! And yeah, the price on that concealer is a dream, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  6. Oh MY GOD. THAT CONCEALER. I will have to try it once I see what shades they have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I am so excited about all of their new products! I absolutely love my e.l.f. products and that concealer looks like it would be awesome. I just hope the lightest shade is light enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, that concealer looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I was all over the ELF site last night and didn't see the new foundation, will definitely be adding it to my upcoming order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a foundation, sweetie...it's a concealer. :)

      Delete
  10. wow they look exactly like Sephora's baked shadow palette!
    I have Sephora Baked shadow palette-in the nude, and I love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! If you try one of these, I'd love to know how you think it compares to the Sephora version! :)

      Delete
  11. Truly excited to try out those Baked eyeshadows, as Dana above mentioned, first thing that came to my mind is WNW. I am sure they will work awesome, if they are anything like the larger Baked eyeshadows from ELF..always sold out! For 3 bucks, who can resist not trying the ELF concealer. A HUGE thanks to CiCi for the ELF dicsount codes, all thes new products will fit great my new ELF Phyton train case!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too!! :) And yep, CiCi rocks for sharing those codes!

      So...what did ya get? ;)

      Delete
  12. These look really nice :) I wonder how the pigment is and staying power! I really like ELF but wish they would 86 the parabens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's is the one thing I wish too, PDX. They would be absolutely perfect if they did!

      Delete
  13. Hmm... I am definitely interested in that concealer. I just wonder if the shades will be suitable for women of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, since there are six shades, it gives us hope! I get so frustrated when drugstore brands have three shades of concealer and that's it. Ugh.

      Delete
  14. I'm suprised that the eyeshadow palette is so expensive! For just $4, you could get something amazing quality from MAC! The concealer looks interesting, but I have way too much concealer right now ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the formula is great, I think it could be worth $10 for how many shades you get! Can't wait to see some reviews...

      Delete
  15. That full coverage concealer looks like it could be dupeable of the Kat Von D tattoo concealer/Hard Candy glamoflauge concealer. Fingers crossed it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GIRLS LISTEN UP! Use the code EDC2 and you'll get 50% off the studio line! that means only $5 for the baked shadows! I just ordered them and a whole bunch of other stuff I've been wanting to check out from the studio line. Also does anyone know if they released new shades for the bronzing and blush contouring powder? I saw 3 different choices! one of them had a bright pink blush instead of the original peachy pink and there was a palette that had a lighter bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm excited about these elf baked palettes. Walgreens in NYC NEVER gets the Wet n Wild exclusives, so I didn't even get a chance to see the LE baked palettes, much less buy one. These look even better than the Wet n Wild ones!

    Man, if that concealer is the right shade and is really full coverage? That would be SO SWEET. I have tattoos on my legs, and am about to start job hunting. I'd much rather cover my tats for $3 than invest in dress slacks for 20x that!

    Thanks for the heads up, G.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I've heard that about the drugstores in NYC before, and I'm so sorry! That really sucks. :( But hopefully this is a great (or even better) alternative!

      And if the new e.l.f. concealer doesn't do the trick for you, I have a few other options worth investigating!

      First, there might be a shade that works in the Hard Candy Glamoflauge collection (it comes in light, medium and tan). Here's my review (I covered a makeshift tattoo in that review):

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-hard-candy-glamoflauge-heavy.html

      And also, Black Opal has a new total coverage concealer for scars and tattoos (I've seen a display for this at my local Rite Aid...I think I posted pics of it a while back):

      http://www.blackopalbeauty.com/makeup/face/concealers/total-coverage-spot-scar-eraser

      Crossing my fingers that one of those works for you, honey! Please keep me posted?

      PS: Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE your screen name? I'm a huge fan of portmantaux, especially funny ones like "jorts". lol!! xo

      Delete
    2. Ha! Thanks. I love them too. Whenever I play trivia at my local pub, my team name is a portmanteau. In fact, this week I'll play as Team Natalie Portmanteau! Heh.

      And thanks for the concealer tips! I'm positive that Black Opal will have a range of shades that are compatible.

      Delete
  18. I want California! Not as into darker shades, but the deep blue on NYC is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My eyes literally widened when I saw the eyeshadows! The definitely look like the Sephora eyeshadows!!! NEED! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hmmmmmm i plACED my first elf order on the 14th of sep. The calif paLLETE WAS my primary desire. I got an email TODAY that my order was shipped, but the calf pallete was "out of stock" why then, was it added to my bag? Why was I charged for it? why, on the same day my order was shipped, was the plalette "in stock" on the web site? Sorry for the rant, i am just highly disspointed with my first elf experience. This type of tom foolery would not go down at urban decay. if they happened to be out of an item you were charged for, i bet they would send a hot pink kitten in its place, just to say...."Im sorry?!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig