Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 27, 2012

Spotted: new products from Revlon, Maybelline and Olay

Lots of exciting things to show you today, so let's get started!

First up, reader Lisa spotted new Revlon jumbo bronzers recently, and I'm VERY excited to share them with you and tell you what I know about them (for details, keep reading!):

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Terra Solare Sunglow Powders

These were located on the end of a larger display that contains other Revlon products. There are three shades in this collection for light, medium and deep skintones.

Here's a close-up of the lightest shade, 01 Amber:

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap 

Notice how it says "Terra Solare" at the top? Well guess what? Up until NOW, Revlon Terra Solare powders were only available in Europe (I think just in Italy and maybe the UK but I'm not 100% sure about that). They were part of the Italian Fall 2011 Limited Edition Gucci Wetsman Expressionists Collection (not to be confused with the US Expressionists collection) and the only place you can get them is Ebay. Well, until NOW, of course! How exciting, huh?

By the way, I don't know if these are limited edition or not, but my best guess is that they are.

Here's what 01 Amber looks like inside:

 image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap 

Next up, I first want to thank many of you for taking the time to share pics of the following display. I actually found this display in my area a  few weeks ago but I'm running so behind on blog posts that I'm just now getting around to sharing:

Limited Edition Maybelline Great Lash Mascaras in Blink of Blue, Go Go Green, Pop of Purple, Totally Teal

The limited edition colored mascaras are back! But unlike last year, there are FOUR shades (last year they only had two: Royal Blue and Teal Appeal). And unlike last year, no LE eyeliners this year. 



And last but not least, reader Rachelle spotted some brand new Olay body washes recently and was nice enough to share:

image credit: Rachelle for Nouveau Cheap 
Simply Olay Body Washes in Simply Nurture (coconut milk), Simply Refresh (rainforest flower), Simply Invigorating (pomegranate)

I'm intrigued by these and the "abundant lather" claim on label. I'm a sucker for coconut so expect a review as soon as I can get my hands on one of these.

Thanks SO much, Lisa and Rachelle, for the fantastic sightings and pics--I really appreciate it!

Have you spotted any of these new products in your area yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. do you know which drugstore she spotted these products in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the others but judging from the price tag the mascaras were at rite aid.

      Delete
    2. I don't have Rite Aid around me, but I just saw the mascaras at Walgreens!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know the Revlon bronzers were that exclusive. Spotted them at my Lawtons for a few weeks now (another rare case that we get anything before you guys), will have to go back to check it out. Thanks for the info, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G I swear if it wasn't for you every time I walk into a drugstore I would just be in a makeup daze from all the new products! I always admire how much work you put into your blog to help other people, you've saved me countless dollars over the years and opened my eyes to new products (hello Black Radiance Primer!!). I just hope you know you have some serious die-hard fans that love and appreciate everything you do :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted the Maybelline Great Lash display and I'm kicking myself for not going to check it out! I think colored mascara, especially at such an affordable price, would be such a cool thing to try out for summer xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is also a honey version of the new Olay body washes too. I've seen them at my local Walmart, and they are about the same price as a suave body wash as well, so that's nice they have a less expensive version for those on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i wonder how colorful the mascara's are, i'm a sucker for purple and teal and would love to have fun with those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be looking for the Rainforest Flower body wash!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I need the Amber bronzer, for the name alone! :)
    Can't wait to find these locally. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I want a color mascara! Hope to find them! I also can't wait to see the bronzer I am a sucker for an LE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If the lather in the Olay shower gel is anything like the lather in their Cream Ribbons body wash, I'll be excited for the new shower gels! I LOVE the texture of the lather on the cream ribbons body wash but am not fond of the boring fragrances.

    I wonder if the brushes on the Great Lash colored mascara are the same as in the original Great Lash or if they're the new and improved brush that just rolled out. I love colored mascara, but I loathe the classic Great Lash wand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Walgreens has the Maybelline colored mascara I think I saw that yesterday as I went back to get more Sinful nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I happened to swing by Rite Aid yesterday and picked up the color mascaras...but didn't see any Revelon powders :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. im really curious to see if these bronzers are matte or have a lil shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a huge fan of Maybelline Mascara's but I walked into Rite-Aid and there they were...display untouched and picked up one in each color. Will be trying the Blue one today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just curious if you ever saw these bronzers in southern California? I've kept an eye out every time i have gone to the drugstore and never saw them :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig