Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 7, 2012

Review: Dial NutriSkin Goji Berry & Orchid Ultra Hydrating Body Wash

If you've been reading this blog for a while now, then you probably know that I love Dial body washes. Two recent favorites that come to mind are the Hello Kitty body wash and the Tangerine & Guava body wash, but I also really enjoy their NutriSkin formula (click here for my review of Cherry Seed Oil & Mint). 

So when I heard that Dial came out with a NutriSkin formula in a Goji Berry & Orchid fragrance a while back, I just had to find it. The only place I've ever seen this formula is at Target (which is where I bought it), so it may be a Target-exclusive fragrance. Anyway, I picked it up a few weeks ago and I'd love to share my thoughts with you in case you've been curious about it too.

Dial NutriSkin Ultra Hydrating Body Wash in Goji Berry & Orchid
(retail: around $4, 21 oz) 


The golden beads in this formula contain fruit oil, which releases upon slight pressure.


I've only ever smelled real goji berries in their dried form, and honestly? They smelled like fish food flakes to me. But in terms of bath & body products, I've found that the predominant note in anything "goji-berry-scented" is grape. And much like other "goji-berry-scented" products I've tried, this body wash has a "purple grape" note that's quite predominant--I don't get much orchid from this one. Although I wouldn't classify this as a kiddie-grape scent in the vein of grape bubblegum or Kool-Aid, it does have a similar quality. I think the orchid, as faint as it is, gives it a slightly more "adult" grape feel.

In terms of formula, I love it as much as the other NutriSkin body washes I own. I get tons of lather from a small squirt onto my bath pouf, and I find the formula to be hydrating without leaving any type of film or greasy residue on the skin. For some reason, the NutriSkin formula really agrees with my skin, and I find that my skin feels slightly smoother and a bit more even when I use these products.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're already a fan of NutriSkin body washes, and you love the smell of grapes, then I think this is one worth searching for the next time you're at Target. If you're a grape fan and you've never tried NutriSkin body washes, I think you also might enjoy this product. NutriSkin body washes really agree with my chemistry, and I hope they'll work just as well for you if you try them. I love Goji Berry & Orchid and find it both fun, and refreshing, for my AM showers.

Do you own any Dial NutriSkin body washes? Thoughts?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've gone through at least 6-7 bottles of the lemongrass and grapeseed scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lemongrass and Grapeseed soap. The White Peach is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I totally forgot about White Peach! Thanks for the reminder--that's a lovely one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig