Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review: New Dial NutriSkin Cherry Seed Oil & Mint Body Wash

Want to snag this body wash for free? Then keep on reading because I'll tell you how at the end of this review!

The very first thing I noticed about this new product from Dial was its gorgeous pink color:

Dial NutriSkin Cherry Seed Oil & Mint Body Wash (retail: $4.49 at CVS, 16 oz)

And of course I then noticed the unique combination of cherry seed oil and mint on the label. How would cherry seed oil and mint smell together? After popping the top and taking a whiff, I was extremely surprised to discover that this actually smells lovely! At first I thought it was kind of a generic, slightly sweet, slightly clean "shower gel" scent, but the more I smelled it, the more it seemed to keep my attention. There's a very true cherry note to this body wash, which gives you that tart sensation you can feel at the back of your mouth (love that!). I only detect a hint of mint, and it really just helps to keep the scent smelling fresh and clean. All in all, I am really loving this one--especially for springtime.



Like many new body washes we're encountering at the drugstore these days, Dial NutriSkin contains suspended "moisture beads" (in this case, they're filled with cherry seed oil) and the beads in this formula are shimmery gold floating in a clear, hot pink base. I've got to say, it's pretty striking when you see this bottle in full sunlight (unfortunately it was a cloudy day when I took these pics).



I was happy to see that cherry seed oil and peppermint leaf extract are not the last two ingredients in this body wash (don't you hate it when a product states that it has natural ingredients and then you discover they're the very last ingredients in the formula?).

An unlike the Softsoap Nutri Serum Body Wash, which also has moisture beads but left my skin actually feeling drier than before I used it, Dial NutriSkin was a pleasure to use in the shower. It lathers very well, and the lather is nice and rich yet glides across the skin. After my shower, my skin is not greasy or oily, yet I've noticed that it doesn't feel dry or tight either. And this body wash also makes my entire bathroom smell wonderful. So far, I'm really loving this product!

Now...remember how I said you can snag a bottle of this FOR FREE? It's true, and I actually got this bottle for free by following the wonderful tip that Drugstore Divas posted here. The ladies over at Drugstore Divas are awesome about sharing money-saving tips at the very stores I talk about constantly here at Nouveau Cheap, so click over and give them some love--they work very hard at what they do and they really deserve it!

So do you already own a bottle of Dial NutriSkin? If not, are you planning on snagging yourself a bottle for free this week? As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. thanks for the heads up! I'm going to go today after work. I checked the other blog u mentioned too and now i have a list of deals to try to get. if it all works out, i'll have a happy apartment tonight :)

    hopefully i get lucky with the CVS slot machine this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ran out of body wash! I saw the drugstore divas post but I never tried this product, so I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to get products for free, but sometimes I'm not sure about them. Thanks for the review =] I'm for sure gonna keep this for me instead of putting it in the "give away as a gift when I'm too lazy to shop" pile.

    I have a question though: What, exactly, do the microbeads do? I love them, but I can't figure out what they're for -- aside from entertaining me because they're so fun to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I definitely want to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I printed out the coupon and waited for the sale...ran to CVS monday and they were sold out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the last bottle from my store! Can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used this today for the first time and I looooooved it, it was super fresh. I shaved with it and ran out the door without even putting moisturizer on, and surprisingly my legs didn't start feeling itchy. Have you tried the Grape Seed Oil & Lemongrass yet? It's pretty yum too ;) Now I'm off to find out how to get one for free! Thanks for pointing me over there :)

    xo
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the post on Drugstore Divas, and I was wondering when does the $4.50 ECB that you get back expire? Because it won't be worth it if I get the ECB but can't make it to CVS in time to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kitty -- The ecb expire 30 days from the time of purchase. So, if you buy it today, it shouldn't expire until May 14. And between now and then, there are some great deals, so you should be able to roll it no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. muffin: Fantastic! So glad you checked Drugstore Divas--you are totally ready to stock up and make your apt happy now! And good luck w/ the slot machine! :D

    PCS: Talk about timing! Hope you get to snag this one, honey! :)

    lisa: LOL!! Yes, this one is definitely a keeper. As for the moisture beads, I think they're just a carrier for oils that may get diluted if they were just mixed into the shower gel itself. This way, the shower gel can bring your skin added moisture when the beads pop (and ITA, they're fun to pop!). Hope that helps! :)

    Phyrra: I'd love to see a review if you get this! :)

    adorepink: Oh darn!! Maybe you can try another location in your town? I guess people are all OVER this sale, because this bottle was the last bottle remaining at my CVS. Who knew this was so popular? :(

    Beth: OMG, this was the last bottle at my CVS too! I thought maybe my location was just weird and someone REALLY liked this shower gel, but after reading the comments, I guess this is a very hot deal and everyone's taking advantage of it! So...how do you like it so far? Have you tried it? :)

    Amber: WOW, you shaved with it and didn't have any issues? That is GREAT to know!! Yay!! And yes, get your free bottle ASAP! I can't wait to try the other fragrance now, after hearing you like it (you know, being scent twinsies and all...). xo

    Kitty: As lisa said (thanks, lisa!!) you get 30 days to use your extra bucks. So plenty of time to take advantage of other great deals. :)

    lisa: Thanks so much for answering that!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the grapeseed oil and lemongrass one and seriously love it! I'm definitely gonna get the cherry mint one before the end of the week. I just need to find out whether there was a limit of one per extra care card...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm usually really bad at remembering coupons, not to mention stacking them but I thought since CVS is on my way back to school from volunteering and I needed some panty liners anyway, I would try this out. I bought some shampoo the other week and got $1 cashback. So I printed out the $1/1 dial coupon, went to the kiosk and got the $1 off skincare & $1 off paper products. My first purchase was the dial body wash and 2 rolls of TP for $2.49. Then I used the $4.50 cash back and got some peeps, a pack of gum and the panty-liners (which was what I actually needed, lol) for a whopping 51 cents! So in total I paid $3.00 of my own money for all of that and I only needed the $3.00 box of panty-liners!
    I'm so proud of myself, but I couldn't have done it without your help, so thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rubychopsticks: OMG, I am SO SO proud of you!! You did a fantastic job and got a ton of great things for just a few bucks! Yay!! And believe me, I know how hard it is to remember coupons, but once you start getting deals like this, trust me, it becomes easier to remember. I bought a really cute rectangular makeup bag that I use to keep my coupons in, and I just clip them and put them in my little bag, which goes right in my purse. It comes in so handy! Oh, and please let me know what you think of the body wash when you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I picked this up today at CVS for 99 cents! How? It was on sale! You purchase it for regular price about 5 or 6 bucks and you get CVS bucks back for 4.50!!!! So the total price on the soap is only 99cents! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angela: If you take a look at my review again, you'll notice that I tell you how to get this for free. The sale at CVS is that if you buy this product (retail: $4.49) you get the full price of $4.49 back in CVS Extra Bucks. So you did get that deal, but the 99 cents you paid was just sales tax. Hope that clarifies it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig