Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spotted: New Revlon ColorStay products and L'Oreal mascaras

NOTE: All of the products featured in this post were spotted at Bed, Bath & Beyond. For those new to makeup at Bed, Bath & Beyond, please click here to understand why some locations carry an extended makeup selection and others don't (and how to find out if YOURS does). Thank you.

Longtime reader and photo contributor Jess spotted lots of  new Revlon and L'Oreal products at her local Bed Bath and Beyond (click here to see the new Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains if you missed them). Jess was kind enough to share pics of all the displays she spotted, so let's get started!

First up, not one, but TWO new L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara formulas. The first:

image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap
New L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara with Collagen


"24H Powered Up Mascara"
"With Collagen Spheres + Mega Brush"

And the second new Voluminous formula is a new addition to the False Fiber line:

image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 
New L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer Mascara

"Outrageous False Lash Look Meets Black Vinyl Shine"

From Revlon, we've got THREE new additions to the ColorStay family:

image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 
New Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Sticks

"Easily Create A Smoky Eye That Lasts"

Per the display, these claim to last 12 hours. It's not surprising to me that these look a lot like the Almay Intense I-Color Shadow Sticks (Revlon owns Almay). I had good luck with the Almay version (click here for my review) so I'm curious to try these. Jess said that she swatched the shades she purchased on her hand and they seemed very long-lasting. 

Here's a close-up of the shade Jess purchased, Smolder:

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 

Next up, a new ColorStay foundation:

image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 
New Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

"Wears For 24 Hours"
"Bouncy, Whipped Indulgence"
"Flexes With Skin For All Day Comfort"

I'm absolutely fascinated by the idea of a long-wear mousse foundation, especially from the ColorStay family. Jess said that the texture of this product is creamier and not like the L'Oreal mousse foundation, which I believe it a bit more light and airy. I can't wait to try this one.

Here are some close-ups of the shade Jess purchased:

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 

 image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 

And finally, a new ColorStay Mascara:


image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap 
New Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lengthening Mascara

"Long, Intensely Dark Lashes"

According to the display, this one also claims to have 24-hour wear.

Thanks SO MUCH, Jess, for the fantastic scoop and pics!

Have YOU spotted any of these new products in your area yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The only product in this post that I spotted in my area was the False Fiber Lashes, Black Lacquer mascara. That new Color Stay foundation looks really interesting. I am going to pick it up and give it a try, as soon as it hits my drugstore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Hopefully they will hit other stores soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen all 3 of the Revlon displays at Rite Aid. And the foundation displays had little one-use sample packs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about all of the new Revlon products, especially the foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very excited about all of Revlon's new stuff, especially with the 40% off sale at Rite Aid!
    The Color Stay nail polish is living up to its claims so I'll be sure to get more of that, it's been on for a week and no chips! Just a wee bit of tip wear but my nails still look perfect.
    Those shadowsticks look fuuuuuun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard the Revlon foundation is like a good BB cream, when it's supposed to be matte. I don't care for matte during the summer, so I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the Colorstay Overtime Lengthening Mascara and it's good - I haven't tested it for 24 hours (obviously) but it doesn't smudge all day, and while it's not the MOST lengthening mascara I've tried, it looks pretty good on.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig