Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 5, 2011

A closer look at the new Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips (with swatches)

This is definitely crazy season when it comes to drugstore makeup, so I thank you all for bearing with me while I try to keep track of everything! A HUGE thanks to so many of you for all the information, pics, swatches, etc. that you've sent my way. I'm working as hard as I can to post everything as quickly as I can so let's not waste any more time!

Last week I posted some pics of the new Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips display (click here to see) and today, thanks to readers Rach and Samantha, I've got more pics to show, and some swatches too!
First up, Samantha's pics. The packaging of these palettes is just too cute, isn't it?

image credit: Samantha for Nouveau Cheap



image credit: Samantha for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Samantha for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Samantha for Nouveau Cheap 

Rach bought the Nude palette and shared some pics and swatches:

image credit: Rach for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Rach for Nouveau Cheap 

Rach swatched the top row over NARS primer while the bottom row is on bare skin:

image credit: Rach for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Rach for Nouveau Cheap

Both Rach AND Samantha purchased the Nude eyeliner trio (the one I'm buying the minute I see it!) and were kind enough to share swatches. 

According to Rach, "the shades in the Nude trio are Champagne (natural), Pewter (playful) and Black (dramatic). Champagne is a shimmer/metallic while Pewter & Black have some added sparkle."

image credit: Rach for Nouveau Cheap 

From left to right, Champagne, Pewter and Black:

image credit: Rach for Nouveau Cheap 

And here are Samantha's swatches:

image credit: Samantha for Nouveau Cheap 

Left to right: Black, Pewter and Champagne

image credit: Samantha for Nouveau Cheap

Samantha told me that these liners are amazing and she said that as a fellow taupe-lover, I MUST get them. Samantha, I'm SOLD! 

Thanks so Samantha and Rach for the great pics and for going through the trouble of swatching as well! I know this is going to help so many of us.
Have you spotted the new PF Shimmer Strips collection in your area yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Everything is so pretty! Too many good ds releases lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Rach, I bought the nude eyeshadow palette in addition to the eyeliners, but I didn't send swatches of the shadows, because honestly, I was underwhelmed. I thought they were rather sheer. I haven't played with them enough to decide if they are really that underwhelming or if the eyeliners are just so great that the shadows pale in comparison (because the eyeliners are gorgeous). The shadows can be built up and create a natural look which works for my paler skin now, but I just feel like these would disappear on me in the summer when I have a tan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous comments here. I was going to do a post on the Nude shimmer strips, but they were very sheer and difficult to get on camera. However, once I applied them I really loved their feel and extendability. I used them to create an office appropriate Holiday party look and loved them. They are very soft and shimmery, though the strips are a bit thin so you can't use your fluffier brushes. I'm not sure I would pay full price for these, but I got them B1G1 50% off at CVS and had a $10 gift card, so I got the Nude palette and some of their newer gel liners for $7 after everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rach for the great pics. It looks very professional.

    I love the packaging. Looks cute and very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute packaging for the shadows! I have several of their liners already and don't need any more, but I'd like those new liners, if there is a bogo or if I have a coupon or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. d'Olivia - I believe they are currently B1G1 50% off at CVS. The sale was not advertised within store, but that is how they came up at check out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the nude pallete remind anyone of Urban Decay Naked Pallette? On a mini version? Does anyone have both? How is the comparison?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this limited edition/holiday or the permanent line?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are y'all buying these? They are so lovely, and I love the packaging for the nude shimmer strip! But I can't seem to find these anywhere in my town, or even on Amazon! Where would you suggest I look? Or I suppose when, if they are pretty new?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig