Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sinful Colors Winterberry

Thanks SO much for all the requests to review this new Sinful Colors shade! Winterberry is one of two new shades that are part of the Destination America collection, which you can see here. So far, I believe this collection has only been spotted at Rite Aid (which is where I purchased this color), but hopefully you'll also be able to find it at Walgreens soon.

To give you a better idea of Winterberry, I pulled some other lavender-plum shades that I own, and I also pulled some more taupe-y shades that have purple tendencies to them, hoping that this would give you an idea of just how much (or how little) taupe is in Winterberry:


These photos were taken after three coats of each shade, with the exception of Purple Gala, which required four coats for what you see in these pictures:


Clearly, the color that most resembles Winterberry is Duri Grape. However Duri Grape is a touch warmer, while Sinful Colors Winterberry is a touch cooler.



On the nail, Sinful Colors Winterberry really comes alive because of that silver shimmer:



 

I used three coats for the above photos, but you could probably get away with two coats if you used thicker applications.

Winterberry is a purple-lavender-plum that has a modern vibe to it. It's contains just enough taupe to give it an "edgy" feel, and the shimmer gives it this icy look that really says "winter berry" to me. If you're tired of taupes and you don't really love true purples, this is a beautiful mix of the two, and I think it's perfect for fall and winter.

Do you already own Winterberry? If not, do you think this shade is a "skip" or a "must-have"?

Some of the polishes featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews.
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. This shade is a must have for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades are all so close. I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago and looked it over. I figured I did have several others that were fairly close in shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love colors like this! If I see this one, I'll have to pick it up. Hopefully they start showing up in Walgreen's soon....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so, so gorgeous! Since I don't have the Duri, I'm glad I have this one. Great comparison too G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total perfection. And gotta love that it's so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a pretty color. I might have to go on a hunt for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shade is definitely a must have for me. Though I already own Zoya Nimue. If I knew how close they are in color I would have skipped it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just picked up two of these just looking at the bottle color. Was a little nervous as Sinful Colors uses a lot of silver frost in it's polishes that I don't like but this color is just so beautiful I took the chance. Haven't tried it yet but can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Picked this up at Rite Aid yesterday! Dont have it on my nails right now! But based on your photos I am glad I have it now! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked up this little gem at Rite Aid last week, but haven't used it yet since I had to sport my team color mani for the weekend's big game and Winterberry definitely doesn't fit in with my green and white color scheme. These swatches almost make me happy that I have a big chip out of my green thumbnail so I can justify swapping it out for Winterberry this evening! Thanks for posting such a thorough comparison to other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found this nail polish a couple of days ago over my Walgreens and I think it's the perfect color for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After I read your first post on this polish I closed the laptop..grabbed the keys and kids...and headed to Rite-Aid for some icecream and polish! lol...I am so glad I did because I love this color...I also bought a glow in the dark pumpkin polish in a light pink. I came home and layered them on my nails and boy did it turn out great! Thanks G!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked it up too. Just love the Sinful line. They come out with nice colors that I can actually afford

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does anyone know of a close dupe for SH Purple Gala/HC Mr. Wrong. I wasn't able to get my hands on either of those and I can't find them anywhere online. I want something very similar to them SO BAD! Any help would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just picked this up yesterday in a new SC display at Walgreen's and after I brought it home I'd have to say it's a dupe for Zoya's Nimue. I think it's a real classy-looking shade that I could wear anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig