Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Spotted: Sinful Colors Destination America (two new shades!)

I hit the jackpot at Rite Aid the other day and I've got many more new product posts to share with you this week. But let's start with the new Sinful Colors Destination America collection, which features not one, but TWO NEW SHADES!

Sinful Colors Destination America
(retail: $1.99 each)



Left to right: What's Your Name, Daddy's Girl, Big Daddy, Cross My Heart, Envy, Georgio, Winterberry, Slate

The two new shades are the ones on the far right in this display: Winterberry (dusty purple/plum) and Slate (gray). I thought that Georgio was new, but it turns out it's not; it's just a harder-to-find existing shade. If you like deep, vampy reds, this is a beauty and you might want to pick it up when you see it!

What's Your Name, Daddy's Girl, Big Daddy, Cross My Heart

 Envy, Georgio, Winterberry, Slate

I bought Winterberry, which I will swatch for you soon, if you're interested. I was going to buy Slate, but I just couldn't justify adding another gray to my collection. You can see swatches of Slate over on Steph's blog here. It looks a bit sheer but oh so pretty!

FYI, the BOGO1/2OFF sale on all nail polish this week at Rite Aid does not include NYC, Essie or L'Oreal, but it DOES include Sinful Colors, of course! So now's a good time to pick some up if you spot them!

And while not new, this was the first Rite Aid sighting I've encountered of the Sinful Colors Crackles (no new shades here):


Are you excited about TWO new Sinful Colors shades? I am LOVING Winterberry and can't wait to give you a closer look!

Please check back very soon for more new product sightings (especially if you like nail polish!).
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. 'Bout time they came out with a couple of new shades. All of these re promotes are getting really old. And I have almost all of those shades, so... Yeah. Time for new colours! :D I am going to look for them when I am out, today. Hopefully, Wag's will have them. :D

    Thank you so much for the head's up. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna NEED both of those new shades! I'm especially loving Slate, but they're both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Winterberry the other day too. :D It's a pretty color, but I haven't swatched it yet.

    My Rite Aid also had a ton of displays on clearance. I got that Maybelline Autumn Leaves polish that you liked, that new blue/purple City Colors polish, and Revlon Carbonite (the display was untouched but it was all half off!) all on clearance! They had a bunch of Sally Hansen polishes and some other stuff I can't remember too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish Sinful Colors would come out with collections that weren't total rip-offs of OPI...Pirates of the Caribbean, Miss USA, Touring America, and the Texas collection to name a few...I love that they're so inexpensive but there's no need to bite off of another company's ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your swatch,G. I also hope my Walgreens has these two new shades soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^^^ LOVE margaret's comment!! Sinful Colors is not original...making a collection full of permanent colors and people like nail polish not notice! lol! I saw the Miss USA knockoff today....sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice Queen: I know, right? I hope they turn up at Wags soon. :)

    Niki: Um, YES, you do. ;) xo

    Hana: Yay! So glad you got it too. And yeah, I'm planning a post about the Rite Aid clearance stuff. LOTS of great deals to be had. :)

    Margaret: I completely understand and respect your opinion on that, but as someone who adores cheaper drugstore dupes, I can't complain one bit! lol! I LOVED that I was able to get such great dupes of the OPI Pirates shades at a fraction of the cost, and well, I'm a sucker for products that look like more expensive name-brand products (i.e. the CVS versions of Aveeno skincare, the L'Oreal shadows that look like the Armani ones...I could go on and on). When it comes down to it, Sinful Colors (which is owned by Revlon) doing dupes of OPI shades is exactly like how they do dupes of Chanel and Deborah Lippmann shades under the Revlon name. I see no difference, really. But I do agree that I wish Sinful did more original shades, such as Stella, which I still can't find in my area. That's one gorgeous polish, and I don't think it's a dupe of any other shade!

    thalia: I hope they do too, hun!

    Jamie: Please see my comment to Margaret above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Slate; it's sparkly. :) Then that Winterberry?? GIMMEEE!! I'll look for these. I did see the SC Crackle last week. But I don't remember if it was CVS or Wags. :/ Since I already have at least 2 black crackles, I didn't pick up another.

    So blatant the rip-off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually love the dupes of more expensive polishes. XD I can shop at cosmoprof now, so I finally got my first OPI polishes, but they're still $4.25, and if I can get colors just like them in good formulas for $1.99, I'd rather do that. So I totally agree with G on this one.

    Plus, the colors in this display weren't dupes anyway. And I think it's hilarious that their displays look so much like the OPI ones. It's not like they're trying to make people mistake their bottles for OPI or anything though, so I don't see the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Hana and G. I don't see the problem. They are not pretending to be OPI they are just inspired by them big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Sinful Colors nail polishes. I hope I spot these colors at my local Rite Aid :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me know how you like the winterberry! It looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really loving both new colors! I still don't have a gray polish, :O I know! And that taupe mushroom one is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the Destination America display at my Rite Aid yesterday and picked up Winterberry and What's Your Name. I was tempted by Georgio, as well, and will probably go back and snag a few more bottles before the BOGO1/2OFF ends!

    I also saw the Breaking Light crackle display but didn't have much trouble passing those up. I thought it was a little odd that the crackle coats are priced at $4.99 compared to $1.99 for the regular colors. Is it standard practice for brands to charge more for their crackles or shatters than their regular polishes? I have the original OPI Black Shatter and a Sephora by OPI silver crackle, but I seem to remember paying the same amount as a regular bottle for both of those. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish they had tried to dupe OPI's Roll Down the Window, but I saw this today and snapped up Slate and Georgio. Winterberry looked nice in the bottle, but I think it would look too washed out on me.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig