Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 8, 2011

Wet n Wild Dancing in the Clouds - some thoughts

When I first showed you swatches of the new LE trios from Wet n Wild (click here if you missed that post), I predicted that Dancing in the Clouds would be the breakout hit of the collection. Well, of course that's just a prediction but, for me, it's definitely the best trio and I keep reaching for it every day.

One shade in particular in that trio, what I like to call the "antique copper" shade, is just so lovely that I need to devote an entire post to it.

Here's a closer look at this mysterious copper!

First, from my previous review:

 
After wearing this shade a few times, I thought, "I think this reminds me of Stila Oasis!" But since I no longer own Oasis (I owned it a long time ago and used it up, actually), I looked around at various swatches online and I think the WnW shade is too dark to be a dupe. Here is the WnW shade on my lids:


So next I thought, hey, let me bust out some shades in my stash and see if I can find a match. Well, I didn't find a dupe, but I can show you what the WnW shade looks like in comparison to other shades, which I HOPE will give you a better idea of the actual color:


As you can see, it's much lighter than MAC Antiqued, much more coppery than Urban Decay Half Baked, and not nearly as coppery as NARS California.

I then thought this might be a fairly decent dupe of the 4th shade in the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Island Oasis Eyeshadow Palette. If you look at Karen's first set of swatches here, and then compare the 4th shade in her pic to the pic of my lids above, I think you'll get what I'm saying. But after looking at other swatches online, it looks like there's a bit more of a rose tinge to the Estee Lauder shade than in the WnW shade, so maybe not an exact dupe. It might be a closer dupe to Urban Decay Shag, but I don't own Shag to be able to verify (you can see Temptalia's swatch here. Again, if you compare her swatch to the pic above of the WnW shade on my lids, it looks pretty close).

So for now, my lovelies, I'm at a loss in locating a perfect dupe of this gorgeous copper. Any ideas?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I have a lot of colors, minerals, that are like that, but are not 'it'. Either way, it's a gotta have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I need Dancing In the Clouds just that much more now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. does it look like wet n wilds single in penny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to find Copper a hard color to wear, so I don't own a lot. However, it looks lovely on you! It might be close to Illamasqua Bronx, but I've only worn it a few times so I can't say that with any certainty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Not a real orangey copper so probably one I can pull off :) So where are we finding these new trios so far? I have a coupon I need to use in the next week, heh

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig