Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Review: Freeman Feeling Beautiful Pomegranate Sugar Body Scrub

If you live in an area that's been as hot as it's been in San Diego recently, then boy have I got a fun, refreshing, and low-cost beauty treat for you!

Back in March, when I posted about some new Freeman products on the horizon, I was so happy to hear that many of you used to use Freeman products "back in the day" and that, just like me, you were excited to try some things from them again. Freeman was a brand that I loved when I was younger, so I was thrilled to be contacted by them recently with some products from their Feeling Beautiful line for review. It's always fun to revisit a brand you once loved, to see if you still love them years later!

(retail: around $3.99, 6 oz)

This body scrub is not a new product, HOWEVER, if you used to use it, you may have noticed that Freeman improved the packaging and it now comes in a more pliable plastic squeeze tube (it used to come in a harder plastic tube, which made it more difficult to squeeze). So now the packaging is more user-friendly.


My lovelies, I absolutely adore this scrub, and let me explain why:

Many years ago, I was a total body scrub fanatic. I probably had six or seven body scrubs in my shower at any given time. Since then, I've come to know exactly what I like, and what I detest, about body scrubs. Let me give you my personal checklist:

1) Must actually exfoliate my skin (no wimpy or sparse exfoliating materials for me!)

2) Consistency of product must be thick (the thicker the product, the more exfoliating it tends to do--on my skin at least)

3) Must not create a safety issue in my tub (no overly greasy residue that causes me to slip or slide after use)

4) Must be extremely affordable (I burn through body scrub too quickly to have to pay over $10 per product)

5) Must leave my skin looking and feeling softer (duh! Why else would you use a body exfoliator?)

6) Must smell amazing (obviously)

If you'd like to stop reading right now, then I can cut to the chase and tell you that Freeman Feeling Beautiful Pomegranate Body Sugar Scrub satisfies all six of my requirements. Period. End of story. If you'd like more details, then by all means, read on!

1) The exfoliating material used in this scrub is sugar. I love that the granules aren't super fine, yet they're not coarse either. I think they're ideal for the body. I also LOVE that since they're sugar granules, you won't see ANY granule residue in your tub after use. These granules melt away, but they don't melt too quickly. You can really get in there and exfoliate your skin nicely before they disappear.

2) Just like with facial scrubs, I prefer my body scrubs to have a similar consistency to toothpaste. I find that the thicker the consistency, the more heavy-duty the scrub, and trust me when I say that I need a heavy-duty scrub for my skin. I can't use a timid body scrub because I won't see results. I find the consistency of this scrub to be perfect for my needs.

Freeman Feeling Beautiful Pomegranate Body Scrub on the back of my hand

3) Absolutely no greasy residue on my skin or my tub after using this product. Freeman: my boyfriend, who often uses the shower immediately after I use it, thanks you.

4) I think $3.99 for a tube of body scrub is a steal. And I find that since this product manages to exfoliate my skin so effectively, I tend to use less of it, so one tube should last you several showers.

5) I love how this stuff makes my skin feel. After my shower, my skin just feels softer and smoother, but not greasy OR dry. Just...better.

6) I love pomegranate to begin with, but I really love that this product has a more natural pomegranate fragrance to it. You don't get that sugary-sweet pomegranate candy scent, but more of a clean, green, natural fragrance that I just adore. Yes, you get the sweetness and tartness of pomegranate, but I also smell something green, like fresh leaves, in this fragrance. I know this is going to sound crazy, but if you've ever smelled Demeter Tomato before, I get the same herbal freshness in this scrub. I can almost smell fresh, green leaves picked right off a tree or something. It's totally invigorating when I smell this in the morning and I wish I could get it in a body mist!

FINAL VERDICT: I absolutely love this stuff, and I'm so thrilled that the Freeman I loved back in the day hasn't let me down in 2011. Good, effective, and affordable body scrubs can be hard to find at the drugstore, and I think this one is certainly worth considering if you need some heavy-duty exfoliating without a heavy-duty price tag!

You can find Freeman Feeling Beautiful products at most drugstores, and you can also purchase them directly from their website (where they include free samples w/ every purchase). You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter for special savings and limited time offers and they even have a YouTube channel.

Do you currently use any products from Freeman, or have you in the past? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I need to find some more Freeman products, and I need to try this scrub. I absolutely love their Oatmeal & Avocado clay mask. It leaves my skin so soft. Great products for a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog while searching for Wet'n'Wild product reviews, and I am so excited to see that you are also in San Diego! This makes me love your blog even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this from Ulta a week ago. It was cheap and looked interesting. I have to second everything in your review. That it actually scrubs and doesn't leave the tub greasy was such a pleasant surprise. The fragrance is great too. Wish Freeman products were available from more stores though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a nice product! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great! I bought several from bath and body works a while ago..it was the margarita scrub or something that smells like sprite and citrus-ness..and it leaves my skin and tub super greasy and slippery which i dislike! I can't wait to try this stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know if china glaze has a polish that is non-crackle called crushed candy?

    Thanks,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig