Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spotted: new products at Rite Aid and BBB

Wow, these waves of new products surfacing at the the drugstores lately don't seem to be letting up! I feel like I can hardly keep track of them all, but that won't stop me from trying!

I want to thank my lovely reader  Shawnya for sending these pics of ANOTHER new Sinful Colors display surfacing at Rite Aid (click here if you missed Adventure Island):

image credit: Shawnya for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Get Swirling Collection
(retail: $1.99 each)

According to Shawnya, The blue on the left is Paradise (click here to see Steph's swatches) and the deep blue is Ciao Bella, which was previously only found at Meijer stores (remember my post from March?).  Speaking of my post from March, one of the other new Sinfuls found at Meijer was the blue shade Fly Away, which looks A LOT like Paradise in this new Get Swirling display. Hum...I can't keep up with all these repromotes and/or name changes!

On another note: has anyone seen the color Stella at Walgreens or Rite Aid? I neeed that color!

Here's a close-up of the swirling tutorial tear-sheet. If you click this image, the words are a little bit easier to read:

 image credit: Shawnya for Nouveau Cheap 

Shawnya also spotted the Show Your Colors display at Rite Aid:

 image credit: Shawnya for Nouveau Cheap 

I totally agree with Shawnya--it doesn't look like there's anything new in this display, but it's nice to see more nail art polishes if those are difficult for you to find in your area. 

I know I've shown you pics and given you info about these new Maybelline products already, but I wanted to show you the counter displays that I spotted recently at Rite Aid, just in case you haven't seen them yet:

Maybelline Color Explosion Eyeshadows


It's difficult to read in the pic above, but these quints contain an "exclusive luminizing topcoat". If you haven't seen these shadows in person yet, the "luminizing topcoat" is the cream-colored shade located at the top of each palette. Up close, it's SUPER sparkly (to me it looks like it's packed with iridescent glitter) and I guess it's meant to be worn over the other shades in the palette for an extra punch.

I also spotted the counter display for the new, possible UD 24/7 eyeliner dupes:

 Maybelline Master Drama Cream Eyeliner Pencils


I don't normally wear purple liners (purples in general don't work with my skintone) but I'm really drawn to the one in this collection!

And finally, the lovely Kimberly spotted a new, inexpensive brand of eyeshadow at her Bed Bath & Beyond and was kind enough to share with us:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap 
DW Classics Eyeshadow Compacts
(retail: $3.49 each)

 image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap  

 image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap  

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap  

OK, first of all, what shade of polish are you wearing, Kimberly? I love it!

These shadows look like they might be mattes or, at the most, satins (I don't think any of them look particularly shimmery). Has anyone tried these shadows or anything from this brand? 

And speaking of BBB, my lovely reader SH mentioned that she spotted the new Maybelline Color Sensational shades of lipstick and polish at her BBB recently (these are new shades form the regular line, not the High Shine line). I know a few of you have told me that you've spotted these new shades too, but I haven't seen them in my area yet, darnit! SH said the shades are "naturals" and "browns" and I cannot WAIT to see them in person. If you've spotted them, what do you think of them?

A huge thanks to Shawnya, Kimberly and SH for the great pics and scoop!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. De-Lurking like I said I (someday) would do!

    My reason? The first picture!
    I couldn't help but snarf my water once I saw that Sinful Colors is using that stock photo... Because I'm not sure how familiar you are with Indie companies and such, but a certain someone I uncovered as a fraud claimed that was one of *her* models, wearing *her* cosmetics... And used it for a certain line of products which were sold as eye safe but were not!

    Just thought I'd throw that out there for a good chuckle :)

    And I'm loving the SC Polishes so much these days... Addictive to not just buy all of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Snarky P I think I know who you are talking about lol. What a scam.

    Can't wait to try out the new Maybelline Color Explosion eEyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen Stella at Walgreens, and I am quite disappointed about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw both SC stands when I was in Walgreens last, but decided to pass on them. I did, however, pick up one of Maybelline's new liners. I passed on the shadows, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen Stella at Walgreens yet, but hopefully she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting for Stella to surface again too! I'm hoping it shows up in one of these repromotes. I never did see it in my area the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to do this swirl thing this weekend! How did we all not think of this before!? However I dont feel the need to specifically use SC!!! :)
    Also I cant wait to find the new Maybelline liners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try the swirling! I just bought the Green Maybelline shadow and the gray liner over the weekend. The green shadow is nice, but the luminzing topcoat falls out all over your face. The Iline liner wears nicely, on the upper inner rim. I had mixed results on the lower rim for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ended up with a bottle of Fly Away during the Wags $1 sale a while back. The label on bottom was a bit crumpled, so maybe that's why it ended up being shipped out for that sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sure I saw the first collection at my local Walgreens too, if you didn't know it was there too (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also spotted anew Revlon display at Rite Aid over the weekend. They had new glitter/shimmer (Similar looking finish to the China Glaze Summer Days collection) polishes that were scented. They also had matching lip glosses in the display. I didn't have my camera on me so I didn't take a picture :(

    The cool thing about this collection of scented polishes is that they have a scratch and sniff sticker on the handle so you know what it will smell like when it's dry!

    The colours were very pretty and I kind of regret not picking any up when I was in the States :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle: Thanks, but no need for pics! I posted about the Revlon Sweetly Seductive Collection here:

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/06/spotted-new-products-from-revlon-burts.html

    Thanks anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I did miss your post on it, I have been falling behind on my blog stalking lately! They look so pretty and the scents small so good! There was a full display when I saw them, I hope they bring them to Canada, kicking myself for not picking them up when I had the chance. I think Rite Aid was having a sale that day too :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. G, I try not to get my nails in the photo to not distract. But you always seem to notice. ;)
    That is Scandal's 'Madeleine Green.' I picked up several Scandal polishes at the Premiere Show earlier this month.

    That is just too much new products coming out. And I have yet to find any of the new Sinful Colors polishes or the Wet 'n Wild collections. OK, maybe not too much, just I have too LITTLE restraint. ;p

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig