Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 30, 2011

Swatchfest: Wet n Wild Limited Edition Mermaid's Cove Collection (pic heavy)

I was finally able to swatch every color in the Wet n Wild Limited Edition Mermaid's Cove Collection that I showed you last week and, I've got to tell you, this might be the prettiest drugstore nail color collection I've seen to date.

The Mermaid's Cove Collection will hit stores Mid-May (along with the other Summer LE collections, Go for the Gold and Inked). None of these collections are exclusive to one particular drugstore. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly where to find them, because it's up to each individual store as to whether or not they want to feature them. My best suggestion is to go to the stores in your area that usually carry LE Wet n Wild displays and hopefully you can find them there. The retail price for these polishes is $1.99 each.

All photos were taken in direct sunlight or shade, outdoors with no flash. There are two exceptions, which I'll mention below.

 (Apologies for the state of my cuticles--removing each shade one after the other took a toll on my skin.)

Waves of Enchantment
(two coats)




Here's a bonus pic of Waves of Enchantment taken indoors under florescent lighting. I think you can better see the gold glitter in this photo:


Sea of Dreams
(three coats)




Magic Trident
(three coats)




Diving for Pearls
(two coats)




Sea Witch
(three coats)




Stream of Wonder
(three coats)




Ocean Grotto
(two coats)




Here's a bonus pic of Ocean Grotto taken indoors under florescent lighting. I think you can better see the details in the finish this way.


Atlantis
(three coats)




 Nail polish lovers: what do you think of the Mermaid's Cove collection? Any stand-out shades or must-haves?  

My favorites so far are Waves of Enchantment (so much prettier in person), Ocean Grotto, Diving for Pearls and, the biggest surprise for me, Sea Witch. I absolutely love the deep purple base to this polish because it's got a tinge of magenta in it. And then the violet blue shimmer that comes out in the light? It's stunning!
A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

38 comments

  1. Okay I'm going to need ALL OF THEM! Wow they look so amazing! Love!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all of them. I mean.....I NEEEEEEEEED them. I MIGHT be able to live without Steam of Wonder. You know, if I had no other choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg they all look absolutely amazing! thanks for sharing G!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favorites are mine too! And I agree, this collection definitely is definitely in the top 10 drugstore nail polish collections. Maybe even the top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like [Waves of Enchantment] nad [Ocean Grotto]. i think i could do w/o the others.
    hmmm..... doesnt [Atlantis] look like [Sparkled] from WNW wild shine polish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of these I'm only lemming Waves of Enchantment and Sea Witch. The latter reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pics of Atlantis do look an awful lot like Sparked, the wild shine core pink glitter. How does Sea Witch stack up against Eggplant frost(also wet shine core)? It looks pretty close as well. Waves of Enchantment, on the other hand, looks spectacular! I like Ocean Grotto more than I expected, though. I just wish a store in my area would carry the LE stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the swatches,G! I knew Waves of Enchantment would be my favorite! It's a gorgeous duochrome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... It's a good thing these are cheap because I'm going to need all of these!!! Aggghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all of course. I swear, I cannot get another bottle of polish. Not one more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ocean Grotto looks like Gleek Out from Sephora by OPI. If they're comparable I'm gonna hit myself over the head for buying Gleek Out at $9.50 when Ocean Grotto is only $2!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want. Them. All! And at 1.99 we can! Especially with a BOGO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waves of Enchantment is really pretty. But the rest? 3 coats for most of them? Holy Cow! I'm not that patient.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Waves of enchantment and Diving For Pearls. Im gonna have to get both lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rite Aid has wnw at bogofree with $3+UP wyb $10 the week of May 8th! I really really hope my RAs will have their LE collections by then! Sea of Dreams and Waves of Enchantment look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, gorgeous!
    I want waves of enchantment, diving for pearls, sea witch, stream of wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I an in LUV with Magic Trident and Ocean Grotto! I will definitely have to stalk my local drugstores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty colors, but they are all either brush strokey (frost :-[ ) or super sheer. DNW. :/

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhhh, everything is nice but i super love the Sea Witch! it gives different shade under different lighting! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! THanks so much for the awesome swatches! I LOVE that they're releasing new Fast Dry's! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there.
    I don't know if Fred Myer's is west coast only ( or maybe even just Northwest)but they already have this set available as well as one that looks like it's graffitti themed. Lots of bright creams. I bought Waves of Enchantment today ( waiting for mother's day to cash in on a haul) and I'm loving it! Beautiful, dream formula, and of course cheap! Thanks for maintaing a great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wonder how close Atlantis is to Hannah Pinktana?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not big on glitter polishes, but I need Atlantis. It's so pretty! Heck, all of these shades are GORGEOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been faithfully stalking my local Walgreens and CVS stores for these for the past week and a half and I *finally* found them at a CVS! WOO HOOOOOO!!! They're soooo gorgeous! Must begin swatching! :D Thanks for your enabling, G! XOXO ~Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Laheelahee and Steph: I did a comparison swatch at the store yesterday and Atlantis, while similar to Sparked, is brighter pink and has slightly chunkier glitter particles. Close but not dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Waves of Enchantment is a GREAT dupe for Zoya's Rica [for wayyyy less, of course]. The gold flash in Rica is just a littleeee more pronounced. & Sea Witch and Eggplant Frost are definitely the same polish.. I saw no difference AT ALL, even the first coat looked exactly the same up until the third.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Has anyone in Texas spotted these nail colors yet? I live in San Antonio,and I have been checking my Walgreens every week. CVS here does not carry Wet n Wild. And I see WnW at Target,but they haven't ever had limited edition stuff. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe they will show up at Walgreens tomorrow. I am just so excited for some of these nail colors, I can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have any of you spotted this special edition in Texas? I have been checking Walgreens every week. CVS doesn't carry WnW and Target does but no Limited Edition stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have any of you spotted these nail colors in Texas? I have checked my Walgreens every weekend. They usually receive shipments on Fridays. CVS doesn't carry Wet n Wild here. Target does carry it,but no limited edition stuff. I am just too excited and can hardly wait to get my hot little hands on some of these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i so cant find it anyware. if anyone knows were to get it in oregon let me know they are wonerfull

    ReplyDelete
  31. I finally ran across Mermaid's Cove at the HEB grocery store on Saturday. After all the hype,and it taking so long to appear in Texas, I chose not to buy any of them. I was just so over it. Don't get me wrong,the colors are pretty,but having to wait that long for them to show up here,didn't exactly make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ugh! Does anyone know if these are even in Southern California? I have looked at at least 10 drugstores and no luck! I really want all of these, boo. I never found the bloom collection either. Can anyone point me to the light? Most people have found them at CVS, but all of the CVS that is in my area just started carrying Wet n Wild.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig