Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 28, 2010

Spotted at the drugstore: new products by L'Oreal, NYC, Maybelline and more

Before I show you all the new goodies I spotted over the weekend, I want to clear some things up about that Sinful Colors sale at Walgreens that I posted about the other day. Several of you emailed me and commented that you had not seen this sale in your area. This led me to believe that the sale was not national, but then I got an extremely helpful comment from my awesome reader Lexi that clears the whole thing up. Lexi writes:

"The Wags Sinful Colors deal was NOT going on at my store today, BUT I did see on other blog sites that there will be a special ad running on 6/30 (I saw a preview) and the Sinful Colors deal was in there. It was a coupon, and there was a limit of 3."

So there you have it! The $1 Sinful Colors sale starts THIS WEDNESDAY and you need a coupon in order to get the price. Big thanks, Lexi, for clearing that up!

And speaking of Walgreens, when I was at my local store yesterday, I spotted lots of products on clearance including several of the products we've already seen at the CVS beauty sale and also at Rite Aid. Lots of the same Revlon products were reduced, but only by 50% off (I didn't see anything for 75% off) and I also saw select shades of Cover Girl Exact Eyelights mascaras and eyeliners for 50% off. Oh, and a few of the older Cover Girl mascara formulas, like CG Professional, were reduced to 50% off as well.

OK, moving on to what I spotted at Rite Aid and CVS over the weekend, I was VERY happy to spot more new Maybelline goodies for Summer/Fall (I already showed you the new Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse here, The Falsies mascara here, and the Color Pearls lipsticks here in case you missed those):
Maybelline Eyestudio Color Gleam Cream Eyeshadows

FINALLY! I've been looking for these everywhere (do you hear me, glowyjoeybunny?) and I finally saw this display at CVS the other day. I'm not sure of the retail price on these but I'm assuming they're $8.99 or $9.99 each.

Next up:
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Protecting Finishing Powder with SPF25 + Antioxidant Shield

OK seriously? SIX MONTHS AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE ERASER we get the accompanying setting powder?? In my review of The Eraser back in early January, I said the following (this is an exact quote):

"...because of my oily skin, I could not walk out of the house wearing just The Eraser. For me, an application of powder afterward is a necessity. I really wish Maybelline had included a new Instant Age Rewind setting powder to go along with this foundation because it REALLY needs it."

Now don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that there is an accompanying powder for this foundation and better late than never, but geeze! You'd think they'd release the two together, and not make us wait a half a year to see how these two work when used together.

Anyway, I'm not sure of the retail price of this, but I do see that there will be a tear-pad in the center of this display (either mine was not yet installed or someone had already ripped the entire sucker off the display) so I'm hoping it's for $2 off any Age Rewind product. Wouldn't that be great?

Next:
Maybelline Limited Edition Summer 2010 Salsa Sun nail color and lipgloss displays

FINALLY! Up until the other day, I had only spotted this Salsa Sun display in my area, but I KNEW there were more nail colors and lipglosses in this collection. It was nice to finally see these in person (and see another tear-pad! Yay!). Here's a closer look in case you haven't seen this display in your area yet:

Note: the coral in the upper right corner is waaaay prettier in person. Actually, they're all prettier in person!

This is BY FAR the best selection of LE Color Sensational Lipglosses I have seen to date. Beautiful berries, peaches, a purple(!) and pinks. Love love love.

Next up:
L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Metallic Shadow Duos (on sale for $6 at CVS this week)


I'm very curious about this metallic finish--have you tried any of these yet? Most of the shades in this display reminded me of other HiP shades I have seen before, with the exception of that plum/silver duo in the middle. The left side of that duo is a GORGEOUS shimmery, silvery-taupe shade that totally mesmerized me when I saw it. I can't get it out my head now.

Next:
NYC Popstar Collection (retail: $2.99 each)


HUGE props to Rite Aid for always rocking my world with these NYC displays. Of any drugstore chain, Rite Aid always seems to get NYC displays first, and sometimes they're the only ones who ever seem to get them at all (at least here in San Diego). This new Popstar Collection has some gorgeous Limited Edition glosses (see that purple?) and new eyeshadow duo shades, which I believe will be part of the core collection (correct me if I'm wrong).

And last but not least:
Love's Rain Forest Fragrance (retail: $5.99 for the small bottle, $11.99 for the large)

Just yesterday, my lovely, longtime reader Alexandra asked if I had seen this display yet (I was probably looking at it at the exact time you posted your comment, Alexandra!). This is a new fragrance by everyone's favorite drugstore fragrance brand, Love's. What's different about this scent is that "a portion of the proceeds of the sale of this item will be donated to rainforest preservation" and "all packaging contains recycled materials". And the scent itself? I spritzed it on my wrist (yay for testers at the drugstore) and it's a very nice, fresh, aquatic floral scent to my nose. Definitely check it out if you spot it!

Whew! I feel like I need a nap after this post. That's it for now, but as always, I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I can't wait until Wednesday for those Sinful Colors! Do you know where we can get the coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I would keep checking Wags online site. The circular will probably post on the 30th sometime early in the AM, and you will probably be able to print the coupon from your computer. However, the images I saw were definitely scans. You could also sign up for their "weekly ad sneak peek".

    If it does not show up online for some reason, there are always copies of the circulars laying around my Wags.

    HTH :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing. my walgreens circular was missing from my redblum bundle last week. i got my walgreens info from the internet. i'll double ck. to see if this is available in my area. i hate to snooze on a sinful colors bogo! great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tear-off pad for the Maybelline has coupons for $3 off. Last week, CVS did a BOGO half off on these, and I used 2 $3 coupons, so they ended up costing me about $5 each (including tax).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love's perfume is till around?!! OMG, I had Love's Baby Soft when I was 14!!! I'll just say that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that same HiP e/s duo you're talking about (I think it was called Charming) and I swapped it on MUA - I agree, the colors are GORG, but the fallout was horrible. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, thank you for the review! *hugs* I normally don't do aquatic florals well (the aquatic overwhelms the floral), but I will definitely give this a spritz test next time I'm at CVS, as what I was able to sniff of it yesterday was nice (and if my local CVS still has the large size for $5.99, I may just buy it for my nieces-in-law for a Christmas gift).

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you lexi and thank you recessionista! for the clarification on the sinful colors. i will definitely look out for that coupon. i wish we had a rite aid here. they seem to always get the neatest nyc stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very much looking forward to checking out new Maybelline products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a beauty writer for Product Pasha, and I just did a review for two of those L'Oreal HIP Shadow Duos. The metallic shadow is insanely gorgeous, but the accompanying glitter-infused matte is kind of meh. They're killer together, though! Sneak peak swatch photos?

    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4744415228_72d011c73a.jpg

    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4743776811_fea248d5e5.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw a very interesting display for Almay mascara at my local Rite-Aid ... it came in a gigantic tube (and I mean gigantic) with a twisty thing around the middle. The idea is that you could twist the twisty thingy to 1, 2 or 3 to set how much volume you get from the one tube (or should I say, cylinder) of mascara.

    I'm really curious as to whether it works!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig