Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spotted at CVS: new Milani displays and more...

I was at a CVS yesterday that is outside my normal circuit, and I was very happy to discover all of the new Milani products that I've seen mentioned on other beauty blogs recently! I'm also happy to report that all of these products are part of the permanent Milani display, which means that YOU will be spotting them soon as well (if you haven't already!).

Milani Nail Art, Neon Collection and 3D Holographic Collection (I thought the holo polishes were limited edition so I was SUPER happy to see them in the permanent display!)

Finally, I spotted the Milani 3D Glamour Glosses that everyone's been talking about! I would have purchased one (I love brush applicators) but there were no safety seals on these and many of them looked like they had already been opened. :(

Milani Liquif-eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencils ($5.99). The colors are Black, Silver and Brown, and from the looks of them, I believe that they're quite similar to the Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliners, L'Oreal HiP Chrome liners and Urban Decay 24/7 liners. They have that same look to them, but of course I can't be sure. If you've tried one, please let me know what you think of them in the comments!

Milani HD Advance Concealer. Another YSL Touche Eclat dupe (remember my drugstore report from a while back where I spotted the Neutrogena Touche Eclat dupe?). Poor College Student reviewed this Milani version recently--here's the link if you missed it.

And now here's a pic of a new Milani polish display (not in the permanent display with the products above). This was a freestanding display that got me excited for a second, until I realized that none of these polishes are new. I'm 99% sure that they're all part of the permanent Milani nail polish collection:


And here's a picture of the new Neutrogena Clinical collection. I mentioned in a previous post back in the beginning of February that ROC, Aveeno and Neutrogena were all planning on releasing skincare treatments with state-of-the-art technology and ingredients that might rival much pricier, high-end skincare treatments. So I thought some of you might want to see what the Neutrogena kits look like. If you missed my original post, click here. Here's the blurb about Neutrogena from that post:

"Neutrogena Clinical contains a multipatented Ion 2 Complex in a Gel Serum that J&J said when combined with an Activating Cream fortified with Tetrol-E, aims to smooth and refine skin over time. A Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment SPF 30, Eye Lift Contouring Treatment, Lifting Wrinkle Treatment Starter System SPF 30 and Eye and Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment Night are available with all except the starter kit selling for $24.99; the starter kit will sell for $34.99."


As you can see in this pic, the price points are a little bit higher than what was stated in the article. The Starter Kit retails at CVS for $49.99, while the Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment SPF30, Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment Night, and Eye Lift Contouring Treatment all retail at CVS for $39.99 each. The prices of these products might be a deal-breaker for some of you (totally understandable) but if the reviews are good, this could be a MUCH more affordable option to $100+ high-end skincare treatments.

That's it for now, but as always, if you have tried any of the products mentioned in this post (or want to try them) I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'm excited that the Milani Liquif'eye liners are permanent! I absolutely love the black one (black liner is the only kind I wear, really) =]

    I highly recommend the liners, they don't budge ALL day (which i have NEVER found with any other liner) =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. excited about the new milani prods. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutiegingerbread: Thank you!! When I saw these yesterday I said to myself, "I can't remember why, but I think these are important!" I totally forgot that THESE are the liners you said stay on your waterline like no other! Oooh, too bad Black was all sold out. Darnit! :(

    1xellus1: You are so welcome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks so much for linking my blog post! I have heard good things about the new Milani liners; I might not be able to resist going to CVS tonight since my boyfriend has a gig and isn't here to stop me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Milani Neon polish in Fresh Teal, and I love it so much it's a little ridiculous. I've been wearing it on both my toes and fingers, and it is such a lovely, happy teal. It is so shiny it almost looks like plastic.

    I don't know about the other colors, but definitely get your hands on some of the Fresh Teal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PCS: You are so welcome! I actually just got back from CVS right now because I wanted to exchange the Sweet Thing blush I bought earlier (way too light for me) and I ended getting both the HD concealer and that black liner! lol. I'm thinking the concealer is probably going to be exactly as you described, but I just had to see for myself. LOL! Aaaah, the life of a makeup junkie!

    Natalie: OMG, I actually had Fresh Teal in my hands and then at the last minute the new concealer called to me, so I put it back. Darn! Guess I'll have to go back and pick that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I can compare something for you!

    When they first came out, I bought the L'oreal HIP Chrome e/l in Chrome (the silver one, if I got the shade name wrong LOL). Absolutely ADORE the stupid thing to no end, because it makes the most fabulous inner eye highlighting shade (esp. when I perform).


    One sad day, I came to find that I used poor judgement in keeping that e/l in my makeup bag ... the cap came off, got onto EVERYthing, and I came to discover that those suckers can dry up when the cap isn't on (apparently, there's a special secret ingredient that makes that particular e/l glide on like liquid as it does). I even tried sharpening it, but it never fully came back :-/

    Welllll, I just found the new Milani Liquif'eyes e/l in the same gorgeous silvery chrome shade ... applies like a dream, just like the L'oreal one ... same shade, same wear ...

    The ONLY difference? L'oreal's cost me $9.99, whereas Milani's cost me $5.99. Done deal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the drugstore display pics! It's like virtual shopping. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lipglosses look yummy! They were featured in one of the magazine I've been reading... too bad this brand is not available here -_-

    I tagged you: http://gabysbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/tag-3s-of-me.html

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! The "3-D band wagon" has jumped to lip gloss?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan: So glad you enjoy them! :D

    Gaby: Oh man, I'm sorry you don't have access to Milani up there. :( And thank you for the tag--I'll check it out ASAP! :D

    Jackie: Yep. 3-D is everywhere! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should have waited! Milani is BOGO 50% off starting sunday at CVS! I hope you have better luck with the concealer than me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stopped at my local Walgreen's yesterday and they had the Neutrogena Clinical sets on display. You get a $10 Walgreen's coupon with purchase so I bought the starter kit. Inside the starter kit is a $10.00 off coupon! I'm going to take it and the Walgreen's coupon and buy one of the full size kits (and get another $10 Walgreen's coupon!) I may have all three kits by the time the week's over...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've encountered the new Milani products in the permanent display at CVS here in Philadelphia, as well as at my local Target. I was also delighted to find that the Neon polishes are only $3.99 at Target, while they are at least $1 more everywhere else. Can't remember if they had the holographic ones as well...

    P.S. ~ Speaking of Target, I'm heading down there today to get up the Kings & Queens Sugar Shower Gel :D Absolutly LOVE the Dove pomegranate bodywash I picked up last week, so I can't wait to try out your other rec.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LipstickChick: Ooooh, thank you!! I reviewed one of those L'Oreal liners and I actually had the opposite happen for me. Instead of drying out, it was just too "runny" and it eventually ran like crazy on my eyes. :( So I guess no matter how we look at it, those were kind of a fail. lol. Hey, have you tried the Prestige Total Intensity liners? Same smooth texture and staying power, and the colors are just gorgeous! :) xo

    PCS: Yep, I knew about that but my display was already starting to get wiped out so I knew that if I waited I wouldn't be able to get the shades I wanted. So I had to bite the bullet. :(

    Deborah: WOW, you scored, honey!!! Could you please, please, please let me know what you think about these kits after you've tried them out for a while? Thanks so much!

    mythosidhe: Ooooh, I am SOOOO happy that you like that Dove body wash!! YAY!! I cannot wait to hear if you like the K&Q as well. I've been alternating every day since I got them and I think they're just different enough to justify having both. Please keep me posted? :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. that sucks! I might have to do that for the eye liner if things keep going the way they are at my CVS

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig