Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Get your booties over to Big Lots ASAP!

Thanks to my lovely reader, Miss-Tearious, for the fantastic heads-up about the abundance of name-brand drugstore makeup items currently surfacing at Big Lots! After I read her comment, I immediately headed to my closest Big Lots yesterday and yep, I spotted them too!

I think that those of you who don't have a CVS in your area will be very happy to hear that many of the products that are currently on clearance at Big Lots are the same products we've seen at CVS as well. And even if you do have a CVS in your area, you might want to stop by your local Big Lots too, because some of these prices are even BETTER than the CVS clearance prices, AND, they have different color selections.

So let's get to the pics:

Clockwise from the top left: Mabelline Sky High Curves Mascara ($3), Maybelline SuperStay Silky Foundation ($1.50), Revlon Age Rewind Face Primer ($3), more Maybelline Sky High Curves Mascaras ($3), Maybelline Shadow Stylist Loose Eyeshadows ($1.00)

Clockwise from the top right: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder ($1.50), Maybelline Mineral Power Bronzer ($1.50), Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation ($1.50)

Revlon Age Rewind Makeup and Concealer Compact ($3.50)

Various shades of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick and Super Lustrous Lip Gloss ($2 each)

From left to right: Revlon Beyond Natural Cream Lipgloss ($2), more Maybelline Shadow Stylist Loose Eyeshadows ($1), Revlon ColorStay Sheer Lip Liners ($2)

I have to tell you that I was VERY excited to see these because I've read a lot of great things about this foundation. Sadly, the full retail price ($14 at CVS) has always stood in the way of me trying this, so now I think I can finally give it a go! Almay Line Smoothing Compact Makeup ($5)

WOW, this is a fantastic deal: My beloved Revlon ColorStay Eyeliners (and they just so happy to be in the color Cocoa, which is one of my alltime fave shades!) WITH an accompanying ColorStay Mineral Eyeshadow Trio ($5). This eyeliner alone is $9.99 at most drugstores! Also, to the right, there are 2-packs of Revlon Renewist Lipsticks and ColorStay Clear Lip Liners ($4)

And of course, because I'm just a bath & body junkie, I had to mention that I also spotted some fun Method Kids products ($3, 10 oz) at my Big Lots. They had 3-in-1 cleansers in Fuzzy Peach and Crisp Apple, as well as Squeaky Green Bubbly Bath in Rice Milk and Mallow (which smells *amazing* btw). I like these because they're gentle, paraben-free and smell amazing. BTW, these retail at Target for $5.50.

Also, totally off-topic but since I know a lot of you are Crystal Light drinkers, I also spotted the big cannisters (the ones with 5 tubs each) in Cranberry Apple for $3 each (I know that at my local Albertsons these retail for $6.49). Oh! And I also have to tell you that they had full-size jars of Prego (multiple flavors including the Heart Healthy ones) pasta sauce for $1.50. Whenever I'm too lazy to make my own sauce, I am a total Prego girl (something about the flavor just makes it way better than other jarred sauces to me). So I just wanted to give you that heads-up in case you're a Prego girl too. :)

In my experience, Big Lots can be hit or miss in terms of really good deals, and right now it's HIT HIT HIT so I hope you can get to your local Big Lots soon to take advantage of these great deals.

In the meantime, please tell me if you've already scored at Big Lots recently--it would be SO helpful for all of us to know what beauty products you've spotted at your locations!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I shop at big lots for makeup CONSTANTLY! I took full advantage of the 20% off total purchase coupon they had out last week and bought a whole mess of stuff. All in all, these are some things I've bought from there (not necessarily just from last week, but in general):
    -Maybelline Dream Matte Powders
    -Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstcks
    -L'oreal HiP Brilliant Shine Lip Glosses
    -L'oreal HiP Lipsticks
    -L'oreal HiP Creme Highlighter Duos
    -L'oreal HiP Creme Blushes
    -L'oreal Eyeshadow Quads
    -Maybelline Eyeshadow Trios
    -Maybelline Powder Blushes
    -Maybelline Line Stylist Lip Liners
    -Maybelline Moisture Lip Liners
    -L'oreal Glam Bronze Radiant Bronzing Duo
    -Softlips Lip Balms
    -other fun flavored lip balms =]
    -Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks
    -Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses
    -Revlon Matte Blushes
    -Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation & Fix and Perfect Primer (two seperate products taped and sold together)
    -Almay Eyeshadow Trios, Automatic Eyeliners, and Mascaras (sold in a packs each with a trio, liner, and mascara)

    They also have a bunch of great hair products! I've purchased a BUNCH from these different lines:
    -L'oreal Studio
    -Aussie
    -Got to Be
    -Garnier Fructis

    As you can tell, I L-O-V-E Big Lots!!! It's kinda difficult for me to go to the drugstore and spend $20.00 on a couple of products, but I can go to Big Lots and easily spend $20.00 with their prices! Hahahahaha =] =] =]

    Love your blog!!! Always the first thing I check when I get on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Big Lots, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG @ Carolanne, I would have love to get some of those HIP cream blushes, I have one and love them. The nearest Big Lots to me never has makeup, I mean they have but I mostly see something I don't want but they carry a lot of Revlon nail polishes. I am gonna check this week though, haven't been there in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen tons of Maybelline at mine, but didn't pick anything up.

    I wonder if there's some Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss at mine now. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I love you!!!! B/c of you I discovered Big Lots close to my church! I bought Epielle cloths and I ADORE THEM! The only other facial cleansing cloths I will buy (unless I walk into a nice bonus or something, I would then get the MAC ones that I adore) but they are my hg wipes! I also boughts TONS and TONS of xmas gifts for my gf's, they all got makeup and nail care stuff, they love me for it!

    Sadly my Big Lots looks like it's from the 70's and it quite unorganized, I still brave it just for the prices! Sadly I haven't seen many brands there that some ppl have mentioned, i.e. Loreal, Almay, Revlon, Maybelline. Oh well, I still find tons of stuff that I love :)

    I will be paying them a visit this Sunday after service :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I occasionally find stuff at my Big Lots, but phew. It's a train wreck! I keep going back, hoping to come across stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad you posted about this, now everyone can enjoy the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, I have a favor to ask - Could you possibly put a hyper-link under my name at the top of your post? My blog is at:

    http://peanutbutterandpajamas.blogspot.com/

    I would really appreciate it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish that there was a Big Lots near me! I've been wanting to buy the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and the L'oreal HIP line! They are still full priced at my local CVS (except for some HIP stuff)...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolanne: WOW!! You hit the freaking jackpot at your Big Lots!! Thank you SO much for taking the time to list all of the goodies you've been able to find--this gives all of us an idea of what to look out for! Wow, CONGRATS on those killer deals (for both makeup and haircare). I am so jealous! I never see HiP stuff at my locations! Thanks a million for this!! (And thanks so much for your support as well!!) xo

    Cheap N Fab: You are so welcome! :)

    rayqueenbee: I'm jealous of Carolanne's HiP finds too! lol. Lemme know what you find if you take a trip to your Big Lots soon, ok? xo

    Rai: That's so funny--I usually see nothing BUT that Revlon stuff at mine but I rarely seem Maybelline stuff. lol. For the first time though, I saw more just one or two shades of the Revlon glosses, so it may be worth a trip to check those out. :)

    J-ezzy: You are SO sweet! Thank you so much!! And man, I think I need to try those clothes ASAP! :) Also, just about every Big Lots in my city looks like it's straight out of the 70s but the selections always rock so I don't mind. lol! And I can't wait to hear about what you find when you visit your location on Sunday! :) xo

    Nicole: Yeah, mine are crazy as well but it never stops me from digging! lol! :)

    Miss-Tearious: Done! :) And thanks again, honey. That was so awesome of you! xo

    Rita: Whaaaa? No Big Lots in your town? The horror!! lol. I am so sorry to hear that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you are so lucky to have such a well-stocked Big Lots! I was there this past weekend and the makeup display hardly changes at all from month to month, it always looks just as picked over as ever. I did pick up a two-pack of Aquafina lip balms for a little over a dollar, but I would have flipped if I saw the Maybelline Stay Matte powder (my HG!) and the Revlon Colorstay liners (something I've always wanted to try but could not justify the price)! My sister's local Big Lots tends to be much better organized and stocked than mine.. I will have to remember to drag her to one when I see her this weekend! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I forgot to mention - one thing I did pick up recently that I liked was the Sunsilk Waves of Envy shampoo. I believe this line was discontinued and there weren't a whole lot at my Big Lots, so just a heads up to anyone who wants to stock up! :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. J: Thanks so much for the info! I neeed to try one of those Aquafina balms! Also, I rarely see Sunsilk at my Big Lots, but it's great to know that you found the Waves of Envy stuff! I reviewed those products on my blog a while back and I loooove them. I'll keep my eyes peeled for those definitely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So how come I just read this and I wanted to jump up and get in my car right now! This was after I swore that I wouldn't get back into the rain and after I switched my wet pants and shoes into dry pajamas and socks. However, I do need to get some work done tonight, so no trip tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig