Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Review: New Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion

I can't really explain why I get so giddy when I see a new body lotion at my local drugstore. I guess it's because I'm always hoping that a new product will finally come around that meets all of my needs and I'll no longer be on a quest for something just a little bit better than the lotions I already use.

So when I saw this display a few days ago at my local CVS I got that giddy feeling again:


(click to enlarge)


Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion with Stratys-3 is a brand new collection of body lotions that promises "Superior moisture across all layers of skin" because it contains "Stratys-3" which, according to the Vaseline website, is composed of "three powerful ingredients that infuse and suspend moisture across all layers of skin--the top, the core, and deep down."


The real selling point of this lotion, for me at least, is that it promises to not only treat the top layer of skin, but deep down as well. I don't know about you, but I can't stand lotions that just sit on top of my skin and feel greasy, or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, absorb so quickly that I'm back to feeling dry a few minutes after application.

This lotion comes in three different formulas and fragrances: "Botanical Bliss", "Vitamin Burst" and "Mineral Renewal". It was hard to decide which one to purchase because I like the concept behind each one, but I went with "Botanical Bliss" because I like that it contains some actual botanical ingredients (eucalyptus and cypress bark extract) and the fragrance is very "botanical-smelling" if that makes sense. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Dihydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tapioca Starch, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG 100 Stearate, Triethyl Citrate, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Cupressus Sempervirens Bark Extract (Cypress), Fragrance, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

As you can see, this lotion contains parabens (boo!). I'm not too jazzed about that, but I still couldn't resist giving it a try to see exactly how moisturized it could make skin. Currently my arms and legs are very dry due to the dry heat we're experiencing in San Diego right now, so I knew I could really put this lotion to the test.

Immediately upon application I could feel that this lotion was somehow different. It absorbs into the skin, yet it's got a texture that's very different from other Vaseline lotions I've used in the past. I can't really describe it but it makes my skin feel like it's got a very thin velvety, almost waxy, coating. I like this feeling very much, and I'm pleased to report that this lotion really lasts. Even through multiple applications of anti-bac to my hands, I can still feel the coating. But it's not a greasy coating--like I said, I really can't describe it but I like it.

I've been using this lotion for three days on my arms and legs and with each day that passes I like it more and more. My skin feels incredibly soft, even after showering. I don't need to reapply it at night and throughout the course of the day, whenever I feel my arms, they just feel so incredibly smooth. In fact, the only thing I'm not liking about this product is that it contains parabens. It would be wonderful if they could release a version that's paraben-free in the future, and hopefully this line will be a huge success and they'll be more inclined to do so...soon.

Vaseline Sheer Infusion retails for around $7 but you can click here to visit their website where there is a coupon you can print for $1.50 off a bottle.

Have you tried Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotions yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! This goes on sale @ Walgreens next week for $6.99 with $7 coming back in reg rewards. It sounds like it might be worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very excited about this product as well. However, I am disappointed in its performance. My arms and legs are sticky. I thought maybe I was putting too much on but I decreased the amount I was using and my arms still stick to my desk at work and my legs to my sheets at night...not a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mooosley! Thanks for the info about Walgreens. :) And of course I would love to know what you think if you pick up a bottle. Oh and don't forget that coupon! xo

    Hi Anon--thanks very much for this comment. I can totally see where this lotion could turn sticky, but fortunately for me, it didn't do that. I'm sorry you had that experience though. I'm wondering if maybe my skin was just so dry that it soaked in quicker and didn't have a chance to get sticky? Who knows...everyone's experience is different and I thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I'm sure it will help some of my readers decide if this lotion is right for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture of this body lotion! It's by far the best drugstore lotion I've tried and believe me, I've tried. Curel, Jergens... but this lotion was fast absorbing, smooth to apply, and it smelled great... and Walmart is selling them for $5.99. I didn't buy one because well, you know it's gotten too hot in SD for lotion this week (90 degress! Ugh!). But thanks for the coupon offer-- I think I may pick one up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shela! I'm so happy that you like this lotion too! Great tip about Walmart...and to think that you can get it for even cheaper by using the coupon is fantastic. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. I'd love to try this new lotion! We use lotion like water around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this lotion at my local Walgreens and like you I too am on the hunt for the perfect lotion. One that absorbs (but doesn't leave you ashy within 20 minutes, or too heavy and greasy). This lotion did not disappoint at all. This is wonderful! I completely understand what you are trying to describe in terms of how it makes your skin feel. It feel smooth and velvety. There is this after feel, that is hard to describe but velvety is all I can say about. My skin still feels soft even after I wash my hands. Perfect lotion. I too wish it didn't have parabens and was more natual, but at this point I am just pleased with its performance. The real test will be to see if it can still feel this way during a typical freezing NY winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela! You're welcome! I would love to know what you think of it if you end up picking some up. :)

    Hi Liamarie! Oh I am so glad someone else understands what I mean by the light coating this lotion leaves on your skin! Thank you for the confirmation, and I'm SO happy you like this product too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother works for Unilever so she gets things for cheap at the company store... so needless to say I've tried pretty much every lotion Vaseline had to offer, and none of them helped with my problem leg skin (I have ridiculously thick leg hair that irritates my skin and feels like needles when it grows back after shaving... it's horrible!)

    Anyway, after a few weeks of using this lotion, my problem just... went away. My legs are SILKY smooth (not necessarily hairless, but pretty darn close to it!) for days after shaving and I don't have the painful itchy irritated skin I used to get! It's AMAZING. My mother said it was a Christmas miracle. And my boyfriend can actually touch my legs without hurting himself! It is a seriously noticeable difference.

    This stuff is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon: Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! Wow, I am SOOO happy it has worked so well for you (and I bet the boyfriend is a little happy too! lol!). That is fantastic--I think I need to bust out my bottle and start using it more often on my sad winter skin. Thanks for the reminder! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig