Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 3, 2009

Review: Dove Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture

If I had a dime for every time over the years I've heard a skincare expert (including dermatologists and even some gynecologists) recommend using the original Dove White Beauty Bar for cleansing the skin, I would probably have a small fortune by now. Dove is just one of those brands that most people equate with being good and gentle on the skin, so I was delighted to receive their newest body wash collection to test recently.

Dove Body Washes with Nutrium Moisture are special, there's no doubt about it. This collection has a first-of-its-kind technology that preserves both proteins and lipids during cleansing. What does that mean to you and me? How about a body wash that doesn't just coat the very top layer of skin to make it feel soft (yeah, I'm talking to you, Olay Ribbons), but one that actually works to moisturize the surface skin ten layers deep. Sound appealing? Here's a great photo to illustrate exact what these new body washes can do for your skin:





I have been rotating all three formulas in my shower for the past two weeks, and I've got to say that at first I thought these body washes were nice, but just like other Dove body washes. The three formulas are all great and each one performs exactly as its name implies: Sensitive Skin is fragrance free and feels very gentle on the skin, Deep Moisture is super rich with a creamy, luxurious lather, and Gentle Exfoliating has great little scrubby beads that help slough dead skin.

But here's the kicker: After the first use, my skin felt a little bit more moisturized but nothing to write home about. My skin definitely did not feel dry or tight, but it also didn't feel miraculously different. But over the past two weeks, I noticed something pretty amazing. The texture of my skin started to change. Not withstanding my hands, feet and elbows that are all ridiculously dry to begin with, my overall skin just felt a bit softer and more moisturized. But not in a "I just put on lotion and now my skin feels so soft" kind of way. My skin felt softer and more hydrated before I put on my lotion. Granted, this didn't happen over night, but I can honestly say that after two weeks I saw some great improvements to my skin. These improvements appeared to be deeper than just the top layer of skin, so, in other words, they don't just "wash away" like other body washes that leave a moisturizing film on your skin.

I have found that in two weeks' time of using these body washes, I can skip applying lotion to my body altogether (now let's not get silly--I still need lotion on my hands, feet and elbows). But it is SO refreshingly wonderful to be able to skip the lotion routine on my arms and legs. For that, Dove Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture deserves a permanent spot in my shower.

Dove Body Washes with Nutrium Moisture launched in July of this year, so they should already be available in your area, wherever Dove products are sold.

Have you tried Dove Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture? I'd love to know your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I was really impressed with these myself ;) I'm almost out of my Gentle Exfoliating :( I LOOOOOOOVE the way it smells! It's so old-school... like us!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Pink Sith is running my review of these tomorrow, and I had the same experience you did too - except I'm allergic to the Sensitive Skin one!! =( Very strange. But my skin has been so soft with the other two, it's incredible!! So glad you're happy with these!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Is that what it does. I have a bit of skin problems on my legs so my dermatologist recommended Dove (another dime for ya) and I've been using it since. So it's been a year... Now, sometimes when I'm done w/ my shower, I don't feel the need to moisturize anymore. I really love DOVE body soap!! And I love all the scents they have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber! I totally agree! lol! We *are* old school and that's exactly why I love the fragrance of these too. xo

    Hey Joey! Oh I'm so glad I was able to avoid posting this on the same day as PS. :) I can't wait to read your review (glad you like these too!) and that is so strange about the Sensitive Skin formula...I wonder what's in there that's not agreeing with your skin. Hum...

    Hey ndoodles! Wow, thanks for the extra dime. lol! I would love to know what you think of these if you try one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig