Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 26, 2009

New products from Maybelline and Sinful Colors (pics!)

(NOTE: I figured out how to super-size my images so if you click on any of these pics, they will be HUGE for your viewing pleasure! Yay!)

Oh yes, there's nothing like a 4-ft tall end cap corner display full of new lip products to make a girl smile on a Friday afternoon! If you haven't seen these new Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, glosses and liners yet, you are in for a real treat. They are definitely a feast for the eyes and come in a huge array of colors to satisfy your particular color-obsession-of-the-moment (mine is warm pinks and corals).

Now, what sets this collection apart from other lip color collections is that Color Sensational products contain pure pigments for a "crisper" color and they also contain honey nectar for a creamier feel. As I like to say a lot lately: "Maybelline, you had me at hello."

I tried to get close-up shots of just how many colors are available (a lot!)--the pics aren't great but you get the idea.

The pinks and naturals:
The plums and reds:

Now what I love about the packaging of these lipsticks is that the case changes with each group of shades. For instance, the reds have a clear red case, the pinks have a clear magenta case, the plums have a clear purple case and the naturals have a clear amber case. So pretty! Here's a pic of the red case from the Maybelline website:

Now the lipglosses and liners don't come in as large of an assortment as the lipsticks but that's A-OK with me because I'm not a big liner person and, well, you know how I stand on lipgloss, right? I love the look, but it just doesn't last long on my lips because I'm a gloss-eater. Bah!

Here are the lipglosses (in this display there are two of each shade):

As you can see, Walgreens currently has a BOGO 50% off on Maybelline so I purchased one lipstick and one gloss, which I will review tomorrow (hint: I FREAKING LOVE THEM BOTH!).

Next up, I spotted the new 24hr Wear SuperStay Foundation and Concealer display.

Bottles of 24hr Wear liquid foundation on top row, bottom row (left side) the 24hr Wear (wand) concealer:


Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that these 24hr Wear SuperStay products are competing with my beloved Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation and ColorStay wand concealer. The color assortment is pretty darn good but I'm not ready to take the plunge and betray my ColorStay just yet. Have you tried either one of these? If so, I would love to know your thoughts. At $10.99 (foundation) and $8.49 (concealer) they are definitely in the same price range as ColorStay, so I know it's only a matter of time before I give these a whirl. I mean, really, how can I not? I'll just wait patiently for a BOGO-free sale. :)

Lastly, let me finish this post with something fun: A new neon collection from Sinful Colors! Surprise, surprise, my camera doesn't capture how truly neon these colors are, but the display is cute so I'm throwing in these pics anyway.


Please stay tuned for my Color Sensational lipstick and lipgloss review tomorrow. Until then, have you tried any of these new products? If not, do you plan to purchase anything?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. i really like how you talked about the products and brands in details and its very informative :) you're making me want to go to my local walgreens and check them out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment!! I really appreciate it, and if you check these out at Walgreens I'd love to know your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, neon! I love having bright nails. I'm going to have to check out the Sinful Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leigh! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these. They are *bright*!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That long lasting foundation by Maybelline caught my eye. Def. would love to read reviews about it and try it out. I'm still mad at them for taking my beloved and refreshing Instant Age Rewind Cream foundation off the market. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Beda! I know...I am going to wait patiently for a good BOGO and then I think I'll try that foundation. I'm sorry they d/c'd your fave foundation. I *hate* it when that happens. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried the Superstay 24HR foundation and absolutely LOVED it!!! It goes on so smoothly and makes my skin look amazing (if I do say so)... plus it has a natural finish which i love. I would definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anon--thank you so much for letting me know that you like the SuperStay foundation. That's great news and it definitely makes me want to try it the next time it goes on sale! Were you able to find a good color match for your skin tone?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig