Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Tropez Sunrise to Sunset eyeshadow palettes (tons o' pics)
















[UPDATE: Someone just emailed me and asked me if I photoshop the pics of my eyes. WTH? Are you serious? First of all, photoshopping a Blackberry camera phone pic is like putting icing on a cardboard box. Why would I try to improve something that is so awful it's almost funny? Second, if I were to photoshop my eyes, don't you think I'd wipe away those under-eye wrinkles and bags? Puuuuuh-lease. So to answer your question, NO, I do not photoshop my pics. And by asking me this question, you'd first have to assume that I even know how to use photoshop. Now THAT'S funny.]

I'm sure glad I decided to take some pics of these at my Rite-Aid because I can't find any product info online, even at the Tropez website.

For those not familiar, Tropez is a super inexpensive line of cosmetics sold at many drugstores. Tropez is owned by Markwins, which also makes Wet n Wild and Black Radiance. All three of of these lines have fantastic hits (and a few misses) and even though I haven't been pleased with the Tropez eyeshadows I've tried in the past, these new palettes called out to me (especially since they're $3.99 a piece). I love Tropez nail polish and lipsticks so I figured I'd give their eyeshadow one more try.

Well I'll be darned if this "Olive Oasis" palette isn't the prettiest collection of greens and browns that I've ever seen in a drugstore! You get 6 different shades (in generously sized pans) and on the left side the shadows are more matte (although some of them still have some shimmer) and on the right side there are the more shimmery shades.

Of course the ONE color I love the most (on the bottom right side) didn't really show up in the swatch, but it's a stunning shade of light olive that is more like a buttery yellow mixed with olive. It's so gorgeous and unique that I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if there's even a high-end counterpart to this color. Also, the color above it on the right side is a deep olive shimmer that is a dead ringer for one of my FAVE olive green shimmer eyeshadows, Stila Irma La Douce.

Now if that's not crazy enough for you, I have to say that the cream-white shade is so awesome that it seriously rivals MAC Shroom. It's definitely whiter than Shroom, but it totally reminds me of Shroom in the way that it applies, the way it's so highly pigmented, and the ease of how it blends. This universal highlight color is worth the price of the entire palette. I'm really in awe of how much it compares to a high-end shadow.

In the pics of my eye, I am wearing the light olive as a wash with the cream-white on my brow bone and the deep olive in the crease. Oh and I also added a touch of medium green (the middle color on the left) to my lid. I lined with my fave Prestige liner.

In terms of staying power, before I applied these shadows I used my Revlon ColorStay concealer under my eyes and applied a tiny bit to my lids. Then I applied my Prestige Multi-Task Wet/Dry Powder Foundation all over my face (including eye area) and then I used my Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Fast Fix eyeshadow base and let that set for a minute. The results? This eyeshadow didn't crease and it looked fresh all day long until about 10PM.

Final Analysis: All in all, these palettes are worth their weight in gold and I HIGHLY recommend them. I can't think of another set of drugstore eyeshadows that I'm more in love with at the moment. Usually when I see a new drugstore eyeshadow, I look at the color and think "Oh that looks just like [insert name here] which I already own." Not the case here! Some of these colors are so unique that I honestly can't think of a high-end version to match them. The only downside is that there is a bit of fallout with the shimmer (you can see it underneath my eye in one of the pics) so next time I use them I will definitely not put as much product on my brush and be more careful when I'm blending. I cannot wait to try the browns in my palette next.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I've never seen this brand anywhere around me. Sad! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trisha. Seriously?? Oh man, I'm sorry! I assumed it was pretty much everywhere (like Wet n Wild). Well the good news: If you really want to try a palette, I noticed that there's some on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these palettes. I grabbed the Olive Oasis back in November on a whim and fell in love instantly. WIth UDPP as my eye primer, these e/s last me all day of school. Definitely a steal. I am wondering if these are still at Walgreen though, because every single time I visit Walgreen, they are out of them :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig