Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New MAC dupe alert!



Here's one you've got to act quickly on if you want to try it for yourself! I just discovered today that Avon's True Color Eyeshadow Single in "Smoky Slate" (on the right in the swatches) is nearly identical to MAC's "Copperplate" matte eyeshadow (on the left in the swatches)! The pics (taken with and without flash) don't really capture how close these two shades are, but they're so close in shade and one is less than half the price of the other! Yay!

If you have been eyeing "Copperplate" you have to act fast to get this Avon e/s because it's no longer available on the website (Avon just changed/updated all of the True Colors shadows and they discontinued a lot of colors...WHY, Avon, do you always do this??). Anyway, I wanted you to know that there are currently two Ebay sellers who have Avon True Color "Smoky Slate" for around $5 and free shipping. So again, if you have been considering getting "Copperplate" I would jump on an Ebay Auction ASAP because I can tell you they're so similar it's crazy.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that the Avon shadow is a teeny bit more finely milled that the MAC shadow and it applies a little bit more smoothly as a consequence. If you're a matte shadow fan you know that it's got to go on smooooth or you might as well toss it.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. *puts on list for next avon order* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Don't try to order it on the Avon site because, like I mentioned in my post, they just d/c'd this color (darn you, Avon!). You have to get it on Ebay but there are sellers who have it for around 5 bucks w/ free shipping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou for this good info and helping me save money! it would be great if you can follow my blog as well

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig