Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 11, 2009

For $1.49? Are you kidding me?




I am in awe, people. Really, I almost rearended a guy today and not because I was busy texting or something crazy like that, but because I was admiring my freaking NAILS!

I picked up this Ruby Kisses nail polish in the color "Golden Red" about a month ago at a local beauty supply but just yesterday I got around to actually trying it out. What took me so freaking long? Honestly, this is one of the most gorgeous reds that I've ever, EVER come across. IMHO, I think it's even prettier than OPI La Boheme, and I didn't think any red could EVER touch that one (for some great pics of La Boheme, click on over to The Polish Addict's post here).

My CBC (crappy blackberry camera) once again failed to capture the gorgeousness of this color, but you can kind of see it in the pic of the bottle (the last pic). It's a stunning shade of deep crimson with a tiny gold shimmer running through it. It's basically candy apple red on steroids. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I was so excited when I put this on that I took pics before I even did the necessary clean-up (that's why my mani looks so sloppy in the 2nd and 3rd pics). The first pic was taken in my car (after I had stopped driving and the car was in park, of course) and you can kind of see in the sunlight how truly beautiful this color is.

I suggest you go to whatever beauty supply near you carries Ruby Kisses and pick some up (or you can always order it online). OMG, I'm doing my toes next. Yes.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That looks like an excellent red. Also, I see you got LinkedWithin up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leigh! Yes, I still can't get over how pretty it is and I've been wearing it for 2 days now. And yes, LinkedWithin was the easiest widget ever to install! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig