Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 21, 2009

A (better?) alternative for a previous BOTD...


A little over a week ago I wrote a review about Wet n Wild Silk Finish Blush Compact in 823D All Over Shimmer. Since then, I've come to resign myself to the fact that I will never get my hands on it, so I scoured the internet for an alternative. To my surprise, I stumbled upon this:

Wet n Wild Bronzzer Compact in 742 Acapulco Glow (it's the middle compact in the pic above)

First let me say that this compact, unlike the 832D, is easily available wherever Wet n Wild products are sold. In fact, I've seen it at every drugstore I've been to in the last week.

After reading several reviews on this product, I knew I had to have it. The thing that really sold me was that a lot of reviewers believe that the powder is more finely milled in the 742 than it is in the 832D. The more finely milled it is, the smoother it will apply and the more natural it will look. Given my past experiences with highlighters that have left me feeling like I was applying craft glitter to my face, I am ALL about a finely milled product. Score!

I also read that the color, while still very light, sheer, and natural, is warmer than the 823D. Another score! Who doesn't want a warmer color for the warmer months ahead?

Needless to say I was sold, so I purchased Acapulco Glow this week and I could not be more happy with it. When I got it home, I opened it up and could immediately tell that the reviewers were correct. I have seen and used department store products that are not as finely milled as this powder. No joke!

The color itself (which looks a tad bit darker in the picture) is a super, super light golden bronze. It is so neutral that it really doesn't deposit "color" on your skin, just a natural, healthy glow. There IS some shimmer to it (obviously, it's a highlighter) but you can easily control it by using a light touch. Seriously, at first I couldn't even tell I had it on. It's that subtle. But you can build intensity until you're happy. I learned the hard way by applying it in a room with poor lighting. At first I couldn't see it so I kept adding more, and then when I walked into the sunlight I was Shimmer Girl. Whoa. That might work for a fresh-faced 20-yr-old, but certainly not for me.

I've used it two times since then, and each time I apply it using a blush brush (throw out the useless brush it comes with, please). I put a light swipe of product on my cheekbones, the ridge of my nose and across my forehead as my final step after foundation, powder, and blush. The result is exactly what I've been looking for: Glowy skin that doesn't look too shimmery or glittery. And the staying power, even during the heatwave we experienced here in San Diego earlier this week, was excellent. I could still see a subtle glow 6 hours after application. I am one happy camper. Oh, and did I mention that this product is $2.99?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig