Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bargain of the Day (BOTD)


I've got a catchy little title for today's BOTD and it goes like this:

All over shimmer, without the glitter!

I'm not going to lie: I despise highlighters. I've tried so many, from NARS The Mulitple and Stila All Over Shimmer on the high end to Milani Glimmer Stripes (I actually looooove using these for eyeshadow) and Revlon Beyond Natural Highlighter on the low end. If I don't use the precision of a surgeon upon application, I end up looking like I swiped craft glitter on my forehead and cheekbones and walked out the door.

Since the purpose of a highlighter is to make your face look luminescent and glowy, I always tell myself that I'M the one doing something wrong here--not the highlighter. These products work for people. I know this. I see other women wearing highlighters and their skin looks dewy and gorgeous. I keep telling myself that when I find that perfect product, it WILL work for me.

So ladies, I think I'm one step closer to finding my outer glow: Wet n Wild Silk Finish Blush Compact in 832D All Over Shimmer

Now, I've used Wet n Wild Silk Finish Blush in the past and I've really liked it. The quality rivals some high end brands in terms of consistency, application, staying power and color. But I never knew that they offered a color in this collection that could be used as an all over shimmer!

Immediately I read some reviews about this product and they included things like:

"No harsh sparkles, just a beautiful, sheer shimmer"
"A gorgeous sheen that lasts all day"
"Stays right where you put it"
"Universal color works for all skin tones"
"Not heavily pigmented--the way a highlighter should be"

I'm not going to lie: I'm losing my mind about this product. Could it be a dream? Could it possibly deliver in the ways so many others have failed? I must purchase it. Now.

Oh, and the price. Hello! It's from Wet n Wild. Three dollars to give me my dewy glow? Need you ask twice?

So here's the problem. This product seems to be more elusive than the unicorn. I can't find it ANYWHERE. Have you seen the Wet n Wild section of a drugstore lately? It looks worse than a Ross store on Christmas Eve. Totally ransacked and rummaged and I don't know who manages the inventory at the drugstores in my area but there are full shelves within the display that are perpetually empty. And of course the most barren shelf of all houses the powder blushes.

For 4 days straight, I have visited a different drugstore looking for this mysterious, light pinky-mauve, slightly shimmery powder blush and here's how the scenario plays out:

I approach the makeup department
I search for the Wet n Wild section
I run-walk to the section
I see, from a distance, that there ARE some blush compacts on the shelf
I walk faster
I see two compacts, both in the dark rose color in the picture (above)
I cry and leave

OK, I don't really cry, but I weep on the inside.

Next approach: Scour the internet. What do I find? A bunch of other women posting the exact same question: "Where can I find 832D online?"

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

To be continued...
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I went to Rite-Aid today and saw there was no 832D in stock and also that it was among the products in a close out sale. Does that mean it isn't coming back? Arrrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! Well it's still on the WnW website as of today, so hopefully that means it's not going to be discontinued anytime soon (but only that it will now be even HARDER to find?). I'm going to Rite-Aid TODAY and will report back! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously?? my local rite aid, walgreens, and CVS all have 832D....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kenzie! Wow, are you serious? It's been a while since I looked for this but now I'm going to have to check again. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still in shock...I was at my local Rite-Aid today and spotted the elusive All Over Shimmer. It was laying on a counter at the back of the store near the pharmacy! I stopped dead in my tracks! I immediately went to the register and was terrified that I was gonna drop it before I could get there. I'm seriously expecting angels to fly out of it once I open it after all the rave reviews I've read lol! I can't wait to try it! It will (hopefully) be the best $1.79 I've ever spent.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig