Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 21, 2015

A Closer Look at Three of the Upcoming CoverGirl x Star Wars Lipsticks (Spoiler: One of Them Is Named "Stormtrooper")

Last week I gave you sneak peek at the upcoming CoverGirl x Star Wars Collection (click here to see the full collection) and today I have a closer look (with a link to swatches!) of three of the six lipsticks in that collection, thanks to my blogging pal Jess of Love for Lacquer:

(image republished with permission from Loveforlacquer.com)
Three of the six new CoverGirl x Star Wars Colorlicious Lipsticks
Left to Right: Stormtrooper, Frosted Red, Metallic Silver

I know that some of you theorized that there were actually shade names attached to the lipsticks in this collection (the information in my original post did NOT specify shade names), so I'm happy to confirm, thanks to Jess, that at least ONE of them does! The deep eggplant purple shade on the left above (which is gorgeous, by the way) is Stormtrooper. I don't think of that color when I think of Stormtroopers, but perhaps one of you can make a connection for me? Maybe CoverGirl didn't want to go with a full-on black lippie, so they opted for a very deep, vampy shade instead?

If you would like to see Jess' full review of these three shades, including swatches, just CLICK HERE. And once you check out her review, I'd love to know what you think of these shades so far!

PS: The CoverGirl x Star Wars collection will be available in stores beginning September 4th.

Thanks again, Jess, for letting me share you pic and info here--I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. My pleasure G! Always happy to help out! Thank you for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. #10 seems a better colour fit for a Stormtrooper. I kind of want them all though :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still a bit disappointed in the collection, but the red/burgundy shades look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to buy it, but Cover girl isn't cruelty free :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised they didn't name the silver one stormtrooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here since Stormtrooper uniforms are all white

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig