Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 24, 2014

Spotted in the US: New NYC Color Instinct Wet & Dry Eyeshadows

I believe that the NYC Color Instinct Wet & Dry Eye Shadow line has been available in the UK and other European countries since about 2012. I remember seeing some blog posts on a few British beauty blogs a while back, but then I kind of forgot about them. Well guess what? They're here!

Many thanks to reader Lissa for this one. Lissa spotted the Color Instinct quads in the permanent NYC display at Walmart this weekend, and was nice enough to share some pics with us.

image credit: Lissa for Nouveau Cheap
NYC Color Instinct Wet & Dry Eyeshadows in the permanent display at Walmart
(retail: $3.57 each)

More pics, after the jump...

There are four quads in this line:

image credit: Lissa for Nouveau Cheap
Dinner and a Show, Picnic in Central Park

image credit: Lissa for Nouveau Cheap
Cupcakes and Coffee, Rooftop Cocktails

image credit: Lissa for Nouveau Cheap
Picnic in Central Park

image credit: Lissa for Nouveau Cheap
Cupcakes and Coffee

image credit: Lissa for Nouveau Cheap
Rooftop Cocktails

I don't have a close-up of Dinner and a Show, but you can see some great swatches of this palette on this UK beauty blog HERE. And totally unrelated: I'm loving Lissa's nail color in the pic above.

The first thing that struck me about these quads was that they sort of remind me of the old Rimmel Glam'Eyes palettes. The compacts look to be similar in size, and the finish of the shadows above looks similar to the finish of the shadows in the old Glam'Eyes palettes, no? I guess this isn't terribly surprising given that Coty owns both Rimmel and NYC. I'll be curious to see how closely they resemble the old Rimmel palettes when I try them out (hopefully I'll be able to find them soon!).

Have you spotted the new-to-the-US Color Instinct Wet & Dry Eyeshadow quads in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Lissa, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I instantly thought of the old Rimmel palettes. I hate palettes that make it hard to get a brush or even sponge tip applicator into them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of those!

      Delete
    2. I kind of thought of the Rimmels, too. I agree with Heather, though. I'm not a fan of palettes like that. I keep avoiding them because I don't want to fight to get shadow out of the corner, etc.

      Delete
    3. Agreed. That is always a drawback for these. I always hope that the smallest pan will be the shade that I want to use the least. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh so pretty! Can't wait to see these and hopefully get another CVS NYC coupon from the red box! These remind me (from the look of these pics) of the look of Mac pearlfusion shadows and Lancome eyeshadow quads. The color combos are very nice looking! Versatile yet not common. Great pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope these eventually show up at the drugstores and that they're not Walmart-exclusives .Guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

      Delete
  3. I have seen these at one of the Walmarts here in Mississippi, they have been at that store since close to the 1st of the year. They put them out when they did their big reset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I had no idea! I don't shop at Walmart too often, so thanks for letting us know! I did a search for more reviews online and didn't see any from US bloggers (only Europe) so I'm wondering if only a few stores got them earlier this year? Hum....

      Delete
  4. I'm just wondering about the pigmentation of these. I don't know if it's the same with everyone else, but I find that NYC eyeshadows tend to be a hit or miss with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like a dupe for the new Loreal color riche dual effect shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah people talked about how it looked like rimmel but I was ''Omg the L'Oréal palette I have is indentical'' hehehe

      Delete
  6. CVS red box is printing out a coupon for NYC right now too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig