Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 5.19.14



Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are some of your favorite blushes, highlighters and/or bronzers for summer?

G's answer: I've been reaching for my Milani Matte Baked Blush in Delizioso Pink a lot lately. It gives my cheeks such a pretty glow, and it lasts forever. Also, I'm still obsessed with my Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Pop of Pink because it's so easy to apply with just my fingers, it blends beautifully and it lasts all day even in warm weather. And of course I'm loving the e.l.f. Studio Blush Palettes! For bronzers, the tan shade in the Light e.l.f. Blush Palette is a nice one for lighter skintones (it's also good for contouring). And I always seem to fall back on my Milani XL Bronzer in Radiant Tan, which really works for my skintone. As for highlighters, I've been loving the Physicians Formula Nude Natural Palette when I want some nice shimmer. I also still love my Milani Illuminating Face Powders when I'm looking for a softer sheen (my absolute favorite is Hermosa Rose).

Lipstick League Links of the Week

we heart this - what $6 body wash, with a jar of moisturizer in each bottle, has made us forget all about a $25 one? This one!

Beauty Junkies Unite - Imagine you could be made over by your favorite makeup brand and one of the most famous makeup artists and photographers in the world for an exclusive photo shoot. That's just what happened to Amber with jouer Cosmetics and Troy Jensen. Get the behind-the-scenes deets!

Clumps of Mascara - is loving these Physicians Formula goodies. And they’re newest mascara? ZOMG! You will looooove it.

My Beauty Bunny - Nothing says summer like bold, shiny lips. Our new favorite to get that perfect pout is the Milani Power Lip Gloss Stain - come see why!

Nouveau Cheap - Is bigger always better? When it comes to drugstore mascaras, that might not always be the case.

Pink Sith - shows you the “magical” transformation that the ARDENCY INN Americana Custom Coverage Concentrate gives her as well as the sheer versatility of this wonderful foundation!

Prime Beauty - is loving Lancôme’s French Riviera Summer Collection, especially the Azure Chic Color Design Eyeshadow Palette; it combines the glorious soft golden sand and turquoise sea colors of summer.

Phyrra - shares the 9 Best Contouring Products for Pale Skin!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by we heart this - we've always liked Blushing Noir for her great swatches and obvious love of makeup. But now we LOVE her for showing us a dupe for last year's LE Maybelline creme eye shadow Seashore Frosts (a shade Stef is addicted to!)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What exactly is the lipstick league & how would a beauty blogger like me get in on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving the Milani blush in Coralina that I picked up at Walgreens in clearance recently. Such a pretty warm color and I'm loving the touch of shimmer. I've never been a big fan of bronzer but I do have an e.l.f. bronzer/blush duo that I like for attempts at mild contouring.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig