Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 22, 2014

Special Anniversary Reader Interview Series: Get To Know Glam Puss

In honor of the five year anniversary of Nouveau Cheap, I'm interviewing fifteen readers in this very special series, as my way of saying thanks for your support (to read more about this interview series, including how the readers were selected, click here).

All of the readers who were interviewed for this series were given the same ten questions, and they were asked to submit a picture of themselves, their pet, their makeup stash, or anything else they felt like sharing.

The twelfth interview in this series is with reader Glam Puss. Take it away, Glam Puss!


Flowers, soon-to-be-planted in Glam Puss's garden

G: How long have you been a fan of drugstore beauty products?

Glam Puss: My interest in drugstore makeup started during the summer between 5th and 6th grades when I was 11 soon to be 12. My best friend and I would wander through our local five and dime, oohing and aahing at the eyeshadow and nail polish. We were wide eyed innocents not realizing we were taking our first steps toward adulthood. We sang songs in the summer's melting heatwave, played with our bright blue nail polish and swam in the pool until our fingers wrinkled. It was the best summer ever.

G: What was the first beauty product that you remember purchasing?

Glam PussThe first beauty item I ever purchased must have been clear flavored lip gloss that tasted awful. Can't remember the maker but ill never forgot how it turned rancid to the taste buds after 5 minutes. Yuck!

G: What are your five can't-live-without drugstore beauty products?

Glam PussRimmel Stay Glossy lip gloss, ELF eyelid primer, PF Mineral Wear Face Powder (use as foundation), L'Oreal True Match Concealer, NYC Mascara (Skyrise and City Proof Buildable), NYC Grand Central Station clear fast dry top coat. Don't forget Elmer's Glue as a basecoat for glitter polish!

G: Tell us your best "drugstore score" story (something you got for a great deal on clearance and/or with coupons, store rewards, etc.).

Glam PussBest score: Two limited edition Sally Hansen CSM polishes for 25 cents each. APPARITION and RESURRECTION.  Yeah!

G: What's your go-to shade of lip color?

Glam Puss: Pinks, reds, corals. Today was Rimmel Timeless Allure, a darker pink gloss.

G: What's the one movie you can always re-watch, no matter how many times you've seen it?

Glam Puss: There are 2 movies that I do actually watch repeatedly... AMELIE and SENSE AND SENSIBILITY.

G: What's your current favorite TV show?

Glam Puss:  Girls. Love it.

G: What was the last book you read?

Glam Puss: Coco Chanel Bio by Lisa Chaney. A good read.

G: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

Glam Puss: If I could have any job... I wouldn't have one. I'd travel and meet people in the Americas and across the globe. I would have friends in the far corners of the world. Thanks to Google Translate communication is no longer an issue. I can write and speak in any language that Google knows!

G: Tell us a bit about your hobbies, what you like to do in your spare time, or anything you're very passionate about!

Glam Puss: My latest hobby is nail polish. It's cheap and easy. I have over 400 bottles, totally drugstore, mostly Sally Hansen, NYC, Wet N Wild, Sinful Colors, some Revlon, Cover Girl, Rimmel, Milani, Spoiled and some others.

Thanks so much for allowing me to interview you as part of this series, Glam Puss! I absolutely loved getting to know you a bit better, and I hope other readers feel like they know you a bit better now as well!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Nice to meet you. You write beautifully, by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on my writing. I wanted to bring the reader back to a more innocent time, one hot summer just before growing up. I hope I succeeded.

      Delete
  2. Oh, also I named my daughter after Amelie... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelie is such a pretty name. I love the name and the movie. So cool.

      Delete
  3. I love that answer about not having a job and just traveling. That would be so cool to just go out and explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should explore our worlds. It doesn't have to be far afield, wonder thru your own town. Take a walk, look at houses, say hello to strangers. Afterall... strangers are just people you haven't met yet.

      Delete
  4. Hello All. Thank you for your lovely comments. Beauty Girls Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Glam Puss. The comment about rancid-tasting lip gloss brought back some memories. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What brand was that? Yucky yuck yuck. But we all had it. Ewww

      Delete
  6. Thank god someone else has a crazy number of nail polishes!! I asked a girl at work how many bottles she owned and when she replied, "Two", I knew I had a serious, serious problem. When she asked how many I had, she about fell on the floor when I answered "Over 600". ;D Polish Junkies Unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 polishes? I had 20-25 before I started by polish obsession. Now I have 400 to 500. See, when you are crazy like us you count in the hundreds. So funny!

      I love my polish!

      Delete
  7. Hey. Forgot to mention... I cannot live without TreSemme volumizing dry shampoo. Use it on clean dry hair, then back comb and uses curling iron to smooth out the ends. Wow! Thinker hair instantly. So cool. I hope you guys try it... please let me know if it changes your life like it did mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I love pink, red and coral lip products too!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you fair like me? Peaches and cream complexion all the way!

      Delete
  9. I love Sense and Sensibility too! An all time favorite.
    I too have around 300 or so bottles of nail polish...more than anyone I know. Totally not a problem though...right? Teehee
    Glad to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I purchase polish I buy 5 to 20 at a time, depending on the price. I love experimenting with color combos I stare at my nails all day long, then must change them nearly every night so I can a new nail experience the next day. Having so much polish means you never have the same nails... unless you take note of the cool ones. I'll come back later and tell you what I have on today... purple and blue prettiness.

      Delete
    2. I love to repeatedly watch Any Lee's Sense and Sensibilities starring Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. I've watched it 40 or so tsuch. I kept it on a loop all day long while I cleaned out my closet and such. My dog enjoyed it to, especially when they went to cottage for the first time and all the dogs and horses filled the screen.

      Keep buying polish... don't go expensive.. stay drug store. I put my stash in over the door clear plastic shoe pockets.

      Someday I will buy 2 or 3 IKEA tall Alex drawers. Can't wait.

      Delete
  10. It was nice to meet you Glam Puss! !!! I am afraid to count my polish collection! Also I love Sense and Sensibility. I always refer to it as Willowby! Lol. Do you like Pride and Prejudice as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. Pride and prejudice, love that Darcy! Watch the BBC mini series, not the movie. Movie OK, the other is way better. COLIN FURTH

      Delete
  11. Nice to meet a fellow polish junkie. I am nearing 800 mainstream, and about 100 indies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is a lot.... but I'm sure I won't b saying that soon. My collection will get there before I know it.

      Delete
  12. Another thing I forgot... Downton Abbey and Mr Selfridge are fave TV shows of mine right now. I also love to watch The American, about Russian spies in America during the 1980's. My fluff show is About A Boy, so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig