Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 2.3.14

My Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

I bought Naked 3 a while back when I had a 20% off coupon for Ulta that did not exclude any of the Naked palettes (rare, I know!). I allow myself non-drugstore splurges a few times a year and I'm loving this one. But do you ever treasure a palette so much that you take your time getting to know the colors (as opposed to jumping right in and trying everything immediately)? I have focused exclusively on the mattes in this palette for a while now, which I love, and I haven't used any of the shimmers yet. I'm weird, I know.

Lipstick League Question of the Week

Is there a makeup application technique that you've tried to master, but just can’t seem to conquer?

G's answer: Oh gosh, where do I start? I suck at contouring, I suck at false eyelash application, I suck at gradient manicures and I can't tell you how many times I've tired to do the French braid headband and failed miserably. I can do a regular French braid on my hair no problem, but something about braiding upward...I just can't. 

Links of the Week

Pink Sith - is positively blushing at the name of the NARS Blush called “Sex Fantasy”. Not that she’s a prude or anything.

Prime Beauty - has finally found her Prince Charming...kinda. He is just one of the many calorie-free limited edition treats from the Valentine's Day Collection at LUSH! Indulge yourself and your sweetheart with no guilt! Trust me, you'll want to stock up.

Phyrra - Phyrra share all of her favorite Complexion Perfection products. Find a new favorite foundation here!

we heart this - Mega pores? Yeah, us too. Check out the latest from the Benefit POREfessional line and it can be our little secret.

Chalkboard Nails - created a geometric nail art look using the neutral shades from the brand new OPI Brazil Collection.

Clumps of Mascara - has come across an amazing mascara. No seriously. Too Faced's Better Than False Lashes is one of the coolest mascaras that I have ever tried.

Gouldylox Reviews - These five hairsprays will change how you handle your hair.

My Beauty Bunny - Manis, manis, manis! Jen and friends get ready for Valentine's Day with gorgeous nail art from Plush Beauty Bar. Come look and see.

Nouveau Cheap - Do you like the idea of long-wear lip colors, but hate the moisture-sucking properties that often go along with them? These might be just the ticket (and they’re only $3.50 each)

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Pink Sith - A simple yet lovely blog post about beauty. Here is a beauty epiphany from Alice In Nappyland and what a $1.99 lipstick taught her.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love my Naked 3 palette, but the mattes are definitely the ones I reach for most. It's just so easy to create a work-appropriate look using them. They are right in my comfort zone, and they make my green eyes look amazing. I have to really push myself to use the other shades, not because the other shades are bad, but because the mattes are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! The mattes even make my hazel eyes pop and look SO green!!!

      Delete
  2. G, you are so funny! This post had me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of the palette. Such pretty colors there. As for non-mastery, I suck at applying concealer to my undereyes. That's one thing I've never have been able to cover well. Don't know if I haven't found the right color/formulation, or if I'm just applying it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. doing a wing eyeliner and false eyelsahes

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for the braided headband...
    I do mine by parting my hair and starting at the part. Then when I get to the back, I pull it reeeeally tight and bend over.
    I have the same "braiding upwards" problem. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig