Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 1.27.14



Lipstick League Question of the Week

Name the most expensive and inexpensive products in your current daily makeup routine.

G's answer: Most expensive: Urban Decay Naked 3 (I treat myself a couple times a year to a "splurge" item and that's one of my most recent splurges). Least expensive: Wet n Wild lip pencil in #666 (I've been using it as lip color over Chapstick for more than ten years now).

Links of the Week

Nouveau Cheap - For most of us, Bonnie Bell is synonymous with Lip Smackers lip balms. But have you seen their new nail lacquers, lip lacquers and lipsticks? Come take a peek at some swatches--they just might surprise you!

Pink Sith - takes you on an island adventure to Kauai when she tells you all about the NARS Spring 2014 Eyeshadow Duo in Kauai. It’s 72 degrees and sunny there right now!

Prime Beauty - has two major obsessions: Makeup and Chocolate! She can get her get her fix for both with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette--it's a cavity free sweet treat you NEED to indulge in!

Phyrra - is ready for Spring with the Kat Von D Esperanza palette! She loves it so much she's giving one away. Open Worldwide. we heart this - the next in the line of infamous tints is a sweet as a lollipop and as on trend as can be; check out the Radiant Orchid hued Benefit Lollitint.

Clumps of Mascara - is running her first race of the year but she’s picked the ideal lippy for her race face...Tarte’s Power Pigment!

Gouldylox Reviews - The Too Faced Chocolate Bar is sinfully delicious. Just when you thought browns were boring, think again.

Lipglossiping - ponders whether anyone would consider taking the plunge and invest in some eyebrow extensions! Well, would you?

My Beauty Bunny - Jen got a chin implant! Read all about it and why she made the decision. Plus, see the before and after pics: Why I Decided to Get Plastic Surgery.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap - Whenever one of my lovely Canadian readers says to me, “I wish there was a blog like yours, but for Canada” my response is always, “There is!” If you’re looking for Canadian drugstore beauty info and sale alerts, check out Sparkled Beauty, written by my long-time blogging pal, Halifax. She’ll hook you up!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. The most expensive is my Laura Mercier secret concealer and the least expensive is any of my Wet N Wild lipsticks that I got either free or close to free after coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most expensive beauty product is a tie between My Naked palette that I paid $42 dollars for it with a 20% off coupon from Ulta and my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. My least expensive is a 99 cent lip gloss from the beauty store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most expensive is the Hourglass Ambient Light setting powder (but did get it during the Sephora 20% off sale) and least expensive would be a Jordana eyeliner pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most expensive: also the Naked 3 palette, which I recently picked up for almost nothing by cashing in all my Ulta member points.

    Least expensive: $1 eye primer by e.l.f. Works as well as $30+ stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really buy too much that's expensive and I'm trying to use some stuff up. Right now I think the most pricey thing is a $20 Neutrogena retinol creme. Cheapest are probably lipsticks and nail polishes from NYC and Wet n Wild, cheaper still since I like to wait for a 30 or 40 percent off sale.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig