Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 29, 2013

Spotted: NEW Organix Kukui Oil Collection

Long before argan oil was a "thing" in haircare, there was kukui nut oil (otherwise known as candlenut oil). For many years (decades, actually) I've been a fan of Paul Brown Hawaii Wash Elite Shampoo and Resurrect Conditioner, both of which contain kukui nut oil. I find that haircare products that contain kukui nut oil work very well for my hair, which is oily at the roots and dry at the ends. Kukui nut oil adds moisture, softness and shine to my hair without weighing it down, and I've always been pleased with how my hair looks and feels when I use products containing kukui nut oil. In fact, kukui nut oil is also in some popular skincare products too, like this body oil from Alba Organics and the very popular Juara Candlenut Body Creme.

So when longtime reader and photo-contributor Jess sent me this sighting of a new kukui oil line from Organix that she just spotted at Ulta, I was shocked, surprised and very excited:

image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Organix Kukui Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil

I'm guessing these retail in the $6.99 - $7.99 range like most other Organix haircare products. And of course, as we all know, Organix is often BOGOFREE at Walgreens and Rite Aid, so I have no doubt we'll be able to find these on sale in the future. I'm also thinking that the Organix products on 50% off clearance at CVS right now are leaving in order to make room for these new products. And I bet Orgnnix is probably releasing more new products for 2014 as well.

Have you seen the new Organix Kukui Oil products in your area yet? 

Thanks so much for the great sighting and pic, Jess!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I'm so excited for this! I love kukui oil for my face, especially in the winter when it gets super dry. I have oily roots and super dry ends as well, but never thought to use the oil in my hair. Now I have to try these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a whole bottle of the dry argan oil spray, so I'm interested in this one. Organix seems to be one of the only drugstore brands exploring many oils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Organix. In fact, it's all I use since it is sulfate free...Going to try this version for sure! Thanks for the pics and info. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have taken a picture but there is also a quenched sea mineral moisture line which says that it has a mixture of sea minerals, algae, and sea kelp. There is also a coconut water one that just came out. If I get back to my Rite Aid I will try to take a picture of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would have taken a picture but there is also a quenched sea mineral moisture line which says that it has a mixture of sea minerals, algae, and sea kelp. There is also a coconut water one that just came out. If I get back to my Rite Aid I will try to take a picture of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I found all of the new products and have a blog post about them if you're interest!

      Delete
  6. I love Organix for not testing on animals, I like their shampoos, I totally don't like the conitioners. They just don't seem to penetrate, even the so called masques and deep conditoners, all barely get my hair detangled. I've also noticed a lot of cone action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got super oily roots and dry ends as well, I'm always struggling to find a balance. I'll have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw these at my local Ulta the other day. If you go on the organix website they discontinued quite a few of their lines so I'm hoping for some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the Organix shampoos (especially since they're sulfate-free,) and although the deep conditioning masques are more effective for me than their regular conditioners, I am VERY excited about this new line! Kukui nut oil is a marvelous ingredient and my skin and hair seem to love it! I'm all for something that hydrates AND defrizzes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tried it this weekend and IT IS AMAZING. I have always used the Brazilian Keratin Straightening line from Organix but it wasn't doing much for the moisture my hair has been craving so when it ran out this weekend, I decided to go with this. It's LOVELY. It has a light but amazing scent, and left my hair silky smooth and I can actually run my fingers through it! (something I can't usually do without getting snagged up in a knot or band of dry hair stuck together)....GREAT STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a oily scalp but extremely dry frizzy hair, I tried this for the first time a couple of days ago and it left my hair looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig