Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 20, 2013

Beauty Bite: Blistex Nuture & Nourish SPF15 Lip Balm

Blistex has released many new lip balm formulas this year, and this one caught my eye back in October (I think that's when it first hit stores). I've been using it off and on since October, so here's my quick take on it!

 Blistex Nurture & Nourish SPF15 Lip Balm
(retail: around $2.50, 0.15 oz)



PROS
  • Feels very creamy and smooth on the lips, yet lightweight (not heavy or waxy)
  • Absorbs nicely--doesn't just "sit" on the lips like other lip balms with SPF sometimes tend to do
  • Good staying power (I can get about four hours of wear before I feel the need to reapply)
  • Pleasant, mild fragrance and flavor (smells and tastes like acai berry/grapes but the fragrance and flavor are both quite subtle)
CONS
  • Doesn't deliver heavy-duty hydration, so it's better suited for lips that aren't severely dry or chapped.

THE LAST BITE: This lip balm feels absolutely wonderful on the lips because it's extremely creamy, yet not heavy or waxy. I'm very happy with the staying power, fragrance and flavor as well, and I think that if you generally do not like big, bold fragrances or flavors in your lip balms you'l probably enjoy this one. At the same time, those who like fruity lip balms will probably like the soft, sweet acai berry fragrance and flavor as welll. I think this one works better for me than their Simple & Sensitive lip balm, but not quite as well as their Moisture Melt, which is still my favorite from Blistex.

Are you a Blistex fan? Have you tried the Nuture & Nourish formula yet?

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lip balms are my other collection after nail polish....I'll keep an eye out for this one! I have already somehow misplaced the holiday Chapstick I just started using, of course..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Simple and Sensitive. My Moisture Melt got stolen by my husband. If I want to use it, it's on his nightstand. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our favorite is Moisture Melt, G. Hahaha!!! Nurture & Nourish does not last long for me at all. Initially, I liked it. However, after some usage there is something about the flavor that I cannot put my foot on that I am not a fan of. I probably will not purchase again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Moisture Melt too, but I went into Walmart yesterday to buy a few tubes and they didn't have any. Not thst they were out of stock but there was no "slot" for them amongst all of the other lip balms. Soooo, now I'm paranoid Blistex is discontinuing it! I hope this is not the case and maybe it's just that particular Walmart isn't carrying it because I absolutely love that stuff. I guess I need to check around for it, but Walmart always had it cheap so I'd alwyas buy several of them...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig