Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 11, 2013

Beauty Bite: Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser

So I recently found a new Holy Grail facial cleanser, but of course that won't stop me from trying new cleansers for the purposes of this blog! And since there was a lot of excitement around here when Clean & Clear first released their Morning Burst Hydrating line back in July, I decided to pick this cleanser up a few weeks ago when there was a good deal at CVS. So here's my quick take on this product after using it for two weeks straight.

For new readers, I have very oily skin, but I also appreciate cleansers that can effectively remove my makeup without leaving it feeling dry or tight, so that's why this "hydrating" cleanser appealed to me.

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser
(retail: around $6, 8.0 oz)

 photo 001.jpg

From the energizing MORNING BURST® collection comes CLEAN & CLEAR® MORNING BURST® Hydrating Facial Cleanser. Wake your skin up with this invigorating foaming cleanser uniquely formulated with BURSTING BEADS® technology. It's formulated with water, not oil, and contains a unique blend of cucumber and green mango extracts. Get a deep clean while refreshing your skin with an added touch of moisture. Won't clog pores.
 photo 005-2.jpg

 photo 015.jpg

 photo 010.jpg

 photo 011.jpg

PROS: 
  • Effectively removes most of my makeup (traces of my liquid liner and washable mascara are still a bit visible after cleansing with this product).
  • Rinses easily.
  • Easily available and frequently on sale.
CONS:
  • Fragrance is very strong (smells like watermelon candy)
  • When using this product at the sink (vs. in the shower) I notice a slight film left behind on my skin after rinsing. When I use this cleanser in the shower, I do not notice a film on my face when I get out of the shower, which is probably due to the fact that my face is coming into contact with a lot more water during a shower vs. rinsing at the sink.
  • Over my two week testing period, my skin became drier than usual. I did not change anything else about my skincare routine, so I'm guessing this cleanser made my skin dry with continued use.
  • According to the label, there is more fragrance in this product than the "good stuff" (i.e., fruit extracts).

THE LAST BITE: I can get past the strong watermelon candy scent (I actually like the scent of watermelon candy, but this one's very strong) and I can get past it not removing every last trace of my eye makeup. But what I can't get past is that, over the two weeks I used this product, my face became drier than it was before I started using this cleanser. For a product that says "hydrating" right on the bottle, I'm disappointed that I could see some light flaking on my skin after a week of continuous use, and after two weeks it got worse. I'm guessing that the high level of fragrance in this cleanser is what's drying out my skin, but that's just a guess. At any rate, if this is happening to me--and I have oily skin--I have to wonder how it will work for those with normal or dry skin.

If you own this cleanser, I would absolutely love to know what type of skin you have, and how it's working for you. I realize that everyone's skin is different, and that this could be a good match for some of you...sadly, it's just not a match for me.

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. i own this and i have dry - normal skin sensitive skin. ive had no problems with this so far, surprisingly! i was worried about the scent at first but so far so good i like it i also use the moisturizer from the collection. i dont use this to remove my make up though. i use them both in the morning before my make up and i really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Clean & Clear Shine Control Facial Cleanser, because by the afternoon my face is an oil slick! I must say that it does minimize the amount of shine on my face somewhat....and I am not blinding oncoming traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using this and I really like it. My skin is oily on my forehead, dry and flaky on my nose, and pretty normal everywhere else. I haven't experienced any drying (actually, my nose looks better than usual I think). It's kept my skin clear, too. I always wash my face in the shower, so I can't comment on it leaving a film at the sink. My favorite is still their Morning Burst one, but I am happy with this one. It also gets points for not stinging when I accidentally got some in my relatively new nose piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't too keen on trying this one because the orange one is my Holy Grail. Have you tried that one (sorry if you have)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this cleanser. it isn't my daily one, it's actually both of my sisters current fave because I gave them my bottle I got in a gift bag!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig