Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 26, 2013

Swatches: Maybelline Fall 2013 Limited Edition Color Sensational High Shine Lip Glosses in Purple Royale and Chocolate Lust

If you caught my coverage a few weeks ago of the Maybelline Fall 2013 Limited Edition Collection, then you know that there are six limited edition shades of Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in this collection (click here to see them all). I purchased the two darkest shades in the collection when I first spotted the display and have been wearing both shades off and off ever since--let's take a closer look!

 Maybelline Fall 2013 Limited Edition High Shine Lip Glosses in 
Purple Royale and Chocolate Lust
(retail: around $6.99 each, 0.17 oz)


These glosses come with a slightly angled doe-foot applicator:


Looking at the colors on the wand, they look pretty dark and intense, right?


But when swatched, both shades are quite wearable and not intimidating at all:



Purple Royale actually ends up less purple and more plum on my medium-pigmented lips. It's sheer but buildable, although you'd have to really lay it on thick to get it much more opaque than what you see above. In the above picture, I actually used two applications of Purple Royale, and it's still sheer and a bit streaky. I think this color might work best as a layering shade to wear over a lipstick (it would look amazing over the Maybelline Fall 2013 Limited Edition lipsticks Violet Intrigue or Lavender Voltage). Staying power was decent when worn alone (about two hours hours before I started to see some fading, which is decent for me personally when it comes to lipgloss).


Chocolate Lust actually turns into a very wearable brick-reddish brown on my lips. I LOVE this color and I've been wearing this like crazy ever since I got it. Such a perfect shade for fall and the staying power is great. I can get at least three hours of wear (a miracle for me and lipgloss) before I start to see some fading with this one. If you have warm undertones, I think you might fall in love with color (not sure it would work for those with cooler undertones since it's a pretty warm brick-reddish brown).

The Maybelline Fall 2013 Limited Edition On The Runway Collection displays are now at Bed Bath & Beyond stores that have an extended beauty department. I've also heard from several readers that these displays have been popping up at Walgreens within the last week or two, so check there also!

Do you own any of the Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2013 High Shine Lip Glosses? I'd love to know what you think of them--my favorite of the two I own is definitely Chocolate Lust. 

To see my swatches of some of the the Maybelline Fall 2013 Limited Edition Color Sensational Lipsticks and Nail Colors, click here and here.

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I have the Chocolate Lust also and love it! It will be my fall staple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Chocolate Lust. That's just the kind of shade I'm looking for for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Both of them! However idk if I can pull them off!
    i think if there was some sparkle to them I would definately try! Thanks G.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of browns as well G., have you tried the new Jordana balm stain in Terra Crave? I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bought the purple one (and two of the purple lippes you reviewed) and LOVE it! and now i think i might have to grab Chocolate Lust too, especially since it looks a lot like a discontinued lippie i'm trying to dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with the chocolate lust one. I'm really pale, and I love the way deep reds pop against my skin. Will certainly be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have lavender lavish, Berry brilliance, purple Royale, raspberry ablaze, and an eyeshadow quad in violet femmes! They're amazing and I got them at rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Chocolate Lust is gorgeous! This and Midnight Plum are on my list. I looooooove dark shades anyway.XD Even if they don't work well on my pale skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very pretty. Will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig